AMT recalls

<_< ------- Boston,------- First off, he has, and I have also!

Well...MCI, that's argueable. The compensation/bene pkg I rate as better than average, but job satisfaction/ownership/pride. Zero.

Like I tell people..."it's the easiest money you'll ever hate."
Hence, the hunger for another airline AMT position.

After the AMFA fiasco at NW, I doubt anyone will ever vote them back in, they did such a great job UA also voted them

After the AMFA fiasco at NW, I doubt anyone will ever vote them back in, they did such a great job UA also voted them

Yet the best run airline's mechanics has AMFA representation.... I hear lots of people like WN's wages, and a few willing to accept their contract lock stock & barrel... Why don't the axe grinders ever mention them in the same breath they mention the bankruptcy sisters UA and NW?...

Can you guys tell me if the recall list has been exhausted yet? Then and only then, will AA have to go to the street for AMTs.
Which is what I'm waitin for... :blink:
Thanks.
In some places it has in others it hasn't.

I guess you specifically mean Tulsa. Since 2003 Tulsa has shrunk by 26%, the most Junior AMT has 2001 seniority. A quick look shows that the most junior OSM in TULE has 1998 seniority, so my guess is that those AMTs that bumped down in TULE got back to AMT, so the recall may have been exhausted in TULE as well, but I could be wrong. A lot of places are short on headcount but right now the big holdup is to see what happens with the closure of MCI, that should be done by the fall. Maybe after the dust settles you may see something, but there really is no way to set a timetable. Sorry.

Yet the best run airline's mechanics has AMFA representation.... I hear lots of people like WN's wages, and a few willing to accept their contract lock stock & barrel... Why don't the axe grinders ever mention them in the same breath they mention the bankruptcy sisters UA and NW?...
Ah once again you dont know about WN, WN's CBA was negotiated by the IBT, all AMFA has done is done two extensions, not a new CBA, plus please show me a WN hangar that overhauls their planes?

Oh you cant because their overhaul is totally outsourced.

Bob, the most junior AMT's in tulsa are made up of mostly machinest and amt's that have somehow gotten CC positions through a miraculous bid. I am an amt who was laid off in 2003, I bumped A/C cleaner, and then hit the street because I had a young family and did't want to move, or commute. I was on layoff for almost 4 years and then got recalled back as a cleaner, been there for the last 3 1/2 years. So to clarify your statement, there are about 190 amt's still left to recall in TUL.

Bob, the most junior AMT's in tulsa are made up of mostly machinest and amt's that have somehow gotten CC positions through a miraculous bid. I am an amt who was laid off in 2003, I bumped A/C cleaner, and then hit the street because I had a young family and did't want to move, or commute. I was on layoff for almost 4 years and then got recalled back as a cleaner, been there for the last 3 1/2 years. So to clarify your statement, there are about 190 amt's still left to recall in TUL.
Ok Thanks. I was unaware anybody bumped down to cleaner.

Ah once again you dont know about WN, WN's CBA was negotiated by the IBT, all AMFA has done is done two extensions, not a new CBA, plus please show me a WN hangar that overhauls their planes?

Oh you cant because their overhaul is totally outsourced.

"Oh you cant because their overhaul is totally outsourced."

Sorry guy...wrong on that one. WN has several(at least 3)heavy lines going in DAL Love.

To clarify, I am not full of the AMFA kool-aid. But would still prefer them or the Teamsters over the pathetic IAM or TWU. I know they had there share of warts too. Which is really sad to me...I really had high hopes for that union organization. It was a breath of fresh air when they came in, and I so looked forward to a craft union that represented us A/Ps and cleaners alone. Apparently they're doing a sat job at WN...or there would be another rep drive taking place there?? I am curious though...why are you seemingly so anti-AMFA "GiantsFan"??

Bob, thanks for reply(as well as the others) and may I say thanks for your efforts for A/P mechs in this ind and AA. I've read many of your posts here and when Dennis had the TM site up, and I appreciate your efforts and honesty with regard to the welfare/defense of our careers.

Ok Thanks. I was unaware anybody bumped down to cleaner.

Yep, many of us were downgraded to TULE shop 2098 A/C cleaner since 03' and have 97-98 seniority.

My understanding is :
AMT recall list is far from being exhausted.
Rumor mill has it possibly 200-250 recalls starting september.
Some may be filled with laterals from MCI after Sept. base closure.
Many 9/11 affected AMT's hold OSM/Parts Washer/ and AC Cleaner positions right now.
They are accumilating title 1 time while AMT's on the street are losing day for day and some have now been passed up in senority.
Good luck

Yep, many of us were downgraded to TULE shop 2098 A/C cleaner since 03' and have 97-98 seniority.

Guys, I'm just wondering how many AMTs are going to return??....
Most were furloughed back in '03 right? Those that hit the streets have been gone a LONG time.
I know...nobody really knows....but I wonder to myself a lot.

I know all the ones that were downgraded (in TULE) will take it.
Some I've talked to on the street will come back (if asked..not likely) and some said they'll never come back.
Don't have definate numbers...sorry

I know all the ones that were downgraded (in TULE) will take it.
Some I've talked to on the street will come back (if asked..not likely) and some said they'll never come back.
Don't have definate numbers...sorry

Now, when you say "(if asked...not likely)", why do you think not likely BigMac?
I figured if there were still A/Ps out on the street(anywhere), surely openings would start showing up after this contract was ratified(whenever that'll be). I know there's retirements every week in maintenance systemwide. At some point a carrier has to get people back in to keep a certain amount of headcount to get the daily workload done systemwide.
And I don't have my sights set on just TUL... DFW, AFW would work too. Maybe ORD...as commuter. I ain't going to JFK,LGA.
Thanks.

787 for what its worth. We have maybe a dozen guys on my dock @ AFW waiting on AMT recall to tulsa.

787 for what its worth. We have maybe a dozen guys on my dock @ AFW waiting on AMT recall to tulsa.

OK, thanks partner. I reckon it's gonna take a pretty serious recall to get all the guys back to where they wanna go.
I wanna see all the mechs get to where they want to be at. The sooner they get the recall list exhausted, the sooner AA will have to take from the street. Now, I notice somebody else posting that JFK was "exhausted" and some other stations). This mean any future openings will hired off the street?
I'm assuming AAs recall/newhire system works the same as it did at CO, NW...
I check the AAcareers job postings daily. I dunno, I say I won't go to JFK..but if it meant getting my foot back in the door, I might cave.. ;)