AMT recalls

After the recall list has been exhausted future openings will be filled by the transfer list after the transfer list is exhausted then they go to the street. I am on the transfer list back to NY I put my name on the list a year and a half ago and I am still waiting. NY is running 20 + short but they are waiting for the upcoming RIF to backfill the vacancies. Good luck...

Any future openings posted internal, will be open bidding for all right?
I mean, if a guy say, is in DFW and wants to get back to TULE, an opening is posted, he gets to submit for it doesn't he? And I assume the guys on the street are somehow kept apprised of the openings somehow that go unfillled. What's the deal?...some guys take a lay-off rather than bump down to OSM or cleaner? And others, still, took those lower grade positions??
This gets confusing...so some guys may actually have junior seniority(in a lower grade) to a guy out on the street, (that took a lay-off)right?
I guess it's really a mute point. My time won't come until I see an opening posted on aacareers.com. :(

I remember when I was on lay-off with NWA for 2 yrs, I found out later when I got back in that there were DTW line positions available from time to time.
Pissed me off! Here I'd been struggling along for 2 fricken yrs man!

It is hard to believe that AA has been operating so lean for so long. I've known all along that there's been retirements all throughout the AA maint system over the years. Man, that lay-off happened in what? 2003?!
My God...(that's what you call AA finding the bottom!)
Let's get this thing on the road!!!!!!!! Get everybody back.

787 ya think you were confused before..How about this one :
Over 300 title 1's were never given the oppurtunity to bump down (per contract) to OSM/PW/AC CLEANER and hit the streets.
These folx filed a greivance that went all the way to the international through arbitration...they lost their arbitration once it got to the international.
So now you have people in AC Cleaner Title 1 positions that have 2-3 years less seniority than over 300 title 1's on the street.
The unions stance was...since you didn't bump out as a AC Cleaner..you cannot return as one.
All hail J. Little and D. Burdchit

It has allways been that way.
If you came from Fleet and there was a RIF you could bump back down to fleet. If you didnt come from fleet you hit the street. You kept getting your company time (in fleet) but you would loose your occupational (maint) day for day. If you hit the street your occupational time just stopped you didnt loose it.

Any future openings posted internal, will be open bidding for all right?
I mean, if a guy say, is in DFW and wants to get back to TULE, an opening is posted, he gets to submit for it doesn't he? And I assume the guys on the street are somehow kept apprised of the openings somehow that go unfillled. What's the deal?...some guys take a lay-off rather than bump down to OSM or cleaner? And others, still, took those lower grade positions??
This gets confusing...so some guys may actually have junior seniority(in a lower grade) to a guy out on the street, (that took a lay-off)right?
I guess it's really a mute point. My time won't come until I see an opening posted on aacareers.com. :(

I remember when I was on lay-off with NWA for 2 yrs, I found out later when I got back in that there were DTW line positions available from time to time.
Pissed me off! Here I'd been struggling along for 2 fricken yrs man!

It is hard to believe that AA has been operating so lean for so long. I've known all along that there's been retirements all throughout the AA maint system over the years. Man, that lay-off happened in what? 2003?!
My God...(that's what you call AA finding the bottom!)
Let's get this thing on the road!!!!!!!! Get everybody back.
You have to remember that we are down to 9500 mechanics, that number is likely to continue to decline. At one time I think we were at 14000. AA didnt lay off 4500 mechanics, most left through attrition but the pace at which mechanics were reduced outpaced the rate at which the fleet was reduced. Headcounts should have been sustained due to the increased workloads per airplane due to aging and insourcing. However headcount reduction was accelerated with the help of all the Working Together Programs, increased productivity helped keep those who were laid off out of work and made it so the company could run leaner.

It has allways been that way.
If you came from Fleet and there was a RIF you could bump back down to fleet. If you didnt come from fleet you hit the street. You kept getting your company time (in fleet) but you would loose your occupational (maint) day for day. If you hit the street your occupational time just stopped you didnt loose it.
Huh ?
So you're saying that AMT's cannot bump down to a lower classification ,in their title, per contract (like OSM/PW/AC CLEANERS) but should hit the streets like over 300 did?

Huh ?
So you're saying that AMT's cannot bump down to a lower classification ,in their title, per contract (like OSM/PW/AC CLEANERS) but should hit the streets like over 300 did?

I think he is talking about guys at line stations who didnt want to relocate. Most guys from Line stations wont relocate due to a layoff because often they are the low earner in the household, thats true for most of the guys in NY, including me.

My bad I misunderstood you.
I didnt want to relocate and take a cleaners position in Tulsa actually i dont think anyone did. We couldnt downgrade to a lower classification like fleet if we didnt come from fleet. Why you werent givin the opportunity to displace another title 1 with less time is just another twu screw job