More F/A Recalls

Copied from May Transfers thread:

"just got a recall letter in the mail today, recalling 180 more back april 15,
89 phl 57 clt, 10 bos 17 lga 7 dca"

I personally haven't seen the letter, so I don't know if the info from this thread is accurate.

Copied from May Transfers thread:

"just got a recall letter in the mail today, recalling 180 more back april 15,
89 phl 57 clt, 10 bos 17 lga 7 dca"

I personally haven't seen the letter, so I don't know if the info from this thread is accurate.

well, i have it here in my hand so if you want a copy, i can fax it to you

By the way, I just saw a commercial for Dr. Phil.

Tomorrow's topic..... "Is There A Sex Offender Living In Your Neighborhood?"

One woman said there is 200 living in her city. Just strengthens my point doesnt' it!???

I suggest you watch it.

How do I put this...there are sexual predators EVERYWHERE. In college, silly me, I took social services. We went to a rape center where they made no excuses how EVERY man is a rapist.

Great.

I am in NO WAY saying that a sexual predator/offender is unimportant. I am saying that if you know your enemy they are less likely to attack. The ones that are NEW are the ones to fear. I know a building that houses predators and I can watch them. It's those who are new or move that are the problem.

If you look at it logically, one dangerous predator in a city of millions is unlikely to use an airport as a stage. I really don't want to get into security, but airports are 10000 times safer than say a bus station!

To quote others, PHL may not be NYS but you can't tell me somebody doesn't regulate the cabs and transportation.

With no disrespect to another post, it is unfair to A) trick a cab to going somewhere then suddenly changing to a cheaper fare. B) Saying you know a supervisor and naming names. These only cause hardships on other crews that may actually be heading to a luxury fare. Cabbies aren't cavemen morons with short memories. Eventually it isn't one but ALL crews that trick them in a cheap fare. Then they refuse any flight crew fare. When you mention a supervisor name, eventually someone will call you on it. Then what?

Word gets around and spreads in the cab line just like gossip on these message boards.

NY PA or whatever, if the DOT can regulate airlines and NYC cabbies, you can't tell me it is so bleak at an airport.

I refuse to think that NOTHING can be done. Worse comes to worse...

Call the news media and give bad publicity to the cab company, airport and who regulates hacks.

I never said that LTO wasn't hell... I know it is. I simply responded to a poster who said she is refusing trips because she is too tired notwithstanding the fact that she hasn't flown in days, thereby forcing a flight attendant with a work ethic to take the trip. Everything she complained about is not unique to LTO... it's the same crap that has been the policy since day one... middle of the night calls, 90-minute callouts, etc., and by her own admission, she was shrouded in the international cloak for some time where all flights are scheduled to go out in the evening. She generally wasn't affected by what the rest of us were doing, that we were getting 3 a.m. callouts all along. She came up with every excuse in the book to justify that she shouldn't have to do the job. I pointed out from the very beginning that that is a reserve's job, whether or not LTO is in play... we get a call and we go to the airport. It's been that way for decades, and that is by no stretch of any imagination unique to US Airways, or east or west, or Philly or DC. It's what reserve flight attendants do. We had snowstorms before LTO and most flight attendants did their best to get to the airport if it was reasonably safe to do so. But all of these "buts" that people are bringing up have nothing to do with the original post... that a poster basically said "how dare the company call me at 0200 to work a Rome flight." You know what? The company doesn't really have a lot of control over whether or not it's an 0200 BUF flight or an 0200 delayed FCO flight that has to be recrewed because the crew became illegal, all they know is that they have to get at least six flight attendants and two pilots to do the flight. And if that one flight attendant is too tired because she's choosing to get up at all hours to check her placement in LTO, thereby voluntarily breaking up her own sleep, somebody else is getting a call at 0200 to work an 8 hour flight. That's not fair and it's a situation that has nothing to do with LTO. I agree that there are situations where people understandably are too fatigued and I absolutely back those people if they are genuinely too fatigued. But none of what she's complained about has squat to do with LTO, IMO. If I'm wrong, please tell me how. Like I said, once the wall came down, her life on reserve changed... nothing to do with LTO... everything to do with work ethic and letting down your fellow flight attendants who do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it.

Again DCFlyer under the old RSV system we had ALOT of control over our lives and often when we flew or when we didn't. Although I would generally fly 30-35 hrs in 6 days, it was my choice to do so and it was a little more restrictive on those calls between midnight and 5am. Then of course there was ITD where as RSV in that program we knew full well that the phone could go off in the middle of the night but you also only flew overnight and that was the schedule you lived on and signed up for, we were conditioned for such flying. Another stark difference now is that we have a very unreliable operation and sometimes you either don't fly or they have you going all over the place. I would rather have the Division back or have 12hour shifts where you fly late nights by choice. Then for various selfish reasons you have those battle axes flying TATL who only do it "because it's commutable" or for the notariaty or for whatever but still have no business doing it. Late nights happen to be my choice, however not when the trip right before or right after is a 4am lobby everyday. It's not healthy and this is something that could be rectified if we had a true leadership.

Uuuuugh somebody get me a bucket. :lol: When I hear a f/a talk about the PIT-PHL breakfast I say, "Yeah well working the md-80 with three f/a's to Florida with genie trays on the phase 1 was no picnic". Remember the folding cart that you had to stack the meals on? It was horrid. OK, now moving on..... I sure hope that these folks returning know what they are in for. It's no picnic. Welcome to all of those that do decide to come back. Glad to have ya. :up:
How about working the 6am flight from BNA-CLT on a full 300 and having those damn snack boxes in Coach where you had to take the little paper drawer things out of the box and fold up the boxes and then everyone would take them just because and then throw the whole uneaten thing away. Then for clean up you had to do the whole thing in reverse so the boxes and all of the "refuse" would fit. And the "A" couldn't help because they had their own thing going on with service up front. Those were good days!!!

Latest posts