AMT recalls

They only do some of the annual C-Checks, most of the C-Checks are outsourced as is anything above a C-Check and including the scribe repairs, they are now even sending planes to Aeroman in El Salvador to be overhauled.

With AMFA's approval

Southwest, which flies 539 Boeing 737s, also maintains aircraft at an in-house facility at its base at Love Field in Dallas and at three third-party MROs: ATS in Everett, Wash.; AAR in Indianapolis, Ind.; and PEMCO in Tampa, Fla.

Now, when you say "(if asked...not likely)", why do you think not likely BigMac?
I just don't see it happening 787.
AMT's on the street are losing day for day (may not have that much more seniority left), and the displaced AMT's in the lower classifications are by-passing the ones on the street.
Then you have AMT's in MCI that may bump into TULE to fill the ASM/AMT void on the 757's that are soon running out of time.
I was displaced in 01' til 03' then laid off. Returned in 07' and have been displaced since 01'.
There are many on the list to lateral to TULE and upgrade to TULE from other bases.
That's why my comment was "not likely".
I'd be very suprised that's all.
I do wish the best for the ones that were affected.

I just don't see it happening 787.
AMT's on the street are losing day for day (may not have that much more seniority left), and the displaced AMT's in the lower classifications are by-passing the ones on the street.
Then you have AMT's in MCI that may bump into TULE to fill the ASM/AMT void on the 757's that are soon running out of time.
I was displaced in 01' til 03' then laid off. Returned in 07' and have been displaced since 01'.
There are many on the list to lateral to TULE and upgrade to TULE from other bases.
That's why my comment was "not likely".
I'd be very suprised that's all.
I do wish the best for the ones that were affected.

Ok, so you're saying the ones on the street are not likely to come back.
I got that right? :)

They only do some of the annual C-Checks, most of the C-Checks are outsourced as is anything above a C-Check and including the scribe repairs, they are now even sending planes to Aeroman in El Salvador to be overhauled.

With AMFA's approval

""Previously, there were no limitations," Key said. "We were between a rock and a hard place."

I can imagine what the TWU or IAM would've let them get away with...

And let's face it...the reason AA keeps it's heavys in house is because of the OSM/non licensed
mechs that comprise half the TULE base. I can assure you, AA is eyeing this situation as well as some of those guys are moving up the payscale. .
TULE and AFW are a MAJOR capital drain on AMRs balance sheet. AMR spends an awful lot of money particularly in TULE. Maint costs are squarely in the crosshairs of AMRs cost cutting efforts.

I've yet to see you express any frustration whatsoever with the TWU, GiantsFan. That mean I can consider you a "TWUFan" too ??

Its not about me, never been a TWU member and never will, I am an IAM Member and AMFA CBAs allow more outsourcing than the IAM, and the IBT allows more also.

Its not about me, never been a TWU member and never will, I am an IAM Member and AMFA CBAs allow more outsourcing than the IAM, and the IBT allows more also.

Not at NWA! And that's exactly one of the major reasons why they struck.
And I would've been right there with them had I still been at NWA. The mechanics make the union GiantsFan.

In the same situation at NWA, the IAM would've caved far, far earlier.(remember,I was there 92-98)
Nor would the industry be enjoying the wage rate we're at today.
Again...NWA/AMFA rep mechanics proved to the industry...they are "THE men!"

If you're so confident and proud of the IAM, feel free to carry on with this topic further at exnwa.com. :)
It won't last long, trust me.

OK, thanks partner. I reckon it's gonna take a pretty serious recall to get all the guys back to where they wanna go.
I wanna see all the mechs get to where they want to be at. The sooner they get the recall list exhausted, the sooner AA will have to take from the street. Now, I notice somebody else posting that JFK was "exhausted" and some other stations). This mean any future openings will hired off the street?
I'm assuming AAs recall/newhire system works the same as it did at CO, NW...
I check the AAcareers job postings daily. I dunno, I say I won't go to JFK..but if it meant getting my foot back in the door, I might cave.. ;)

After the recall list has been exhausted future openings will be filled by the transfer list after the transfer list is exhausted then they go to the street. I am on the transfer list back to NY I put my name on the list a year and a half ago and I am still waiting. NY is running 20 + short but they are waiting for the upcoming RIF to backfill the vacancies. Good luck...

<_< -------- I spent 33 years in the IAM. Got to say they were head and shoulders above the TWU, but were a total disaster for those that worked for TWA!

I know Bill O'Driscoll, if it wasnt for the IAM TWA would have went out of business a long time before it did, the IAM did as best as they could and kept TWA afloat a lot longer than it would have.

I know Bill O'Driscoll, if it wasn't for the IAM TWA would have went out of business a long time before it did, the IAM did as best as they could and kept TWA afloat a lot longer than it would have.
<_< ------ That old $#^%%@ still kicking? I wouldn't brag about it! At least not arround exTWAers! Did he give you a grand tour of his castle in Irland? Where do you think he got it? ------ Son, your preaching to the chore here!------ I lived through those times, and to tell you the truth, the IAM didn't do squat to save TWA! The membership were the one's how took all the pay cuts, and retirement freezes! They're the ones who kept it flying ! O'Driscoll never lost a cent! In fact it would have been better if in fact TWA had gone out of business years before it did! At least then the majority of us would still have been young enough and could have gotten on with our lives!

The union is the membership, he retired two years ago. And he did negotiate the deals you approved, and there was a deal almost in place before TW sold itself to AA, TW Management didnt want to wait one more day, Micheal Milken was going to invest into TW.

The union is the membership, he retired two years ago. And he did negotiate the deals you approved, and there was a deal almost in place before TW sold itself to AA, TW Management didn't want to wait one more day, Micheal Milken was going to invest into TW.
:rolleyes: ------- Well thank you NY GiantsFan!!! I hope all those hard ass AAers take note of that!---- But this wasn't just an IAM push! All the Unions on TWA property were in on this! ------ Although, I've got to admit, I hadn't heard about Milken. I know something was in the works, and assumed it was a deal for maintenance with Boeing.

Milken was going to takeover TWA, but they needed one more day to do the deal and TW Executives didnt want to wait. Well all the airline employees took it in the shorts over the years to keep our jobs, it wasnt unique to TW.

Milken was going to takeover TWA, but they needed one more day to do the deal and TW Executives didnt want to wait. Well all the airline employees took it in the shorts over the years to keep our jobs, it wasnt unique to TW.
<_< ------- I heard that TWA management got wind of it, but AA had offered them top $$$ in severance bonus to deliver TW, and they had to scramble to get the deal through on time! Not that it matters now! And yes, it hasn't been "unique" for TW employees to take it in the shorts! We still are!!!