Anti-Union Incentive Rumor

S

SkyguyB727

I just heard a rumor that in the past, DL employees have been offered various rewards such as cash bonuses and tangible gifts for voting "no" in union organization drives. I find it hard to believe that it would be ethical to buy votes like that. Can anyone shed any light on this rumor?

I just heard a rumor that in the past, DL employees have been offered various rewards such as cash bonuses and tangible gifts for voting "no" in union organization drives. I find it hard to believe that it would be ethical to buy votes like that. Can anyone shed any light on this rumor?
That is ridiculous. It is also illegal.

Do you honestly believe that Delta would do that?

Delta is not that stupid.

Why even post something like that?

Why even post something like that?
When I hear something like this from a DL employee, it's a valid question.

To the best of my knowledge, it's also illegal for an employer to deny an emergency FMLA request or to threaten termination to anyone who even utters the word "union". However, that happened at two previous employers.

When I hear something like this from a DL employee, it's a valid question.

To the best of my knowledge, it's also illegal for an employer to deny an emergency FMLA request or to threaten termination to anyone who even utters the word "union". However, that happened at two previous employers.
I heard a rumor that ___________<--------- insert flame bait here.

In 1999 just before we were going to vote(ramp only) we received a 3 % raise.........also we got free computers from peoplepc with conditions. You had to sign up for internet service with them.

In 1999 just before we were going to vote(ramp only) we received a 3 % raise.........also we got free computers from peoplepc with conditions. You had to sign up for internet service with them.
That is a typical tactic during a union drive. Look for easing on sick policy and vacation restrictions, managers becoming nice, etc...

I heard a rumor that ___________<--------- insert

rumor #1

they were putting winglets on the DC9's and using them International for Europe and Asia...you know capacity cuts.

(gotta love a paid for aircraft)

rumor #2

they were pulling Tri-Stars out the desert and reassembling instead of turning them into tuna fish and lite beer cans, because someone said something sort of...like,

"there AINT not a thang wrong with those planes...You're Darn Tootin!"

I can't say it never happened, however I never saw it or heard of it happening in the past 19 years.

That is a typical tactic during a union drive. Look for easing on sick policy and vacation restrictions, managers becoming nice, etc...

So basically they offer incentives, but they just assume you will vote no. So much for it being illegal...... LOL. I mean really guy.

Everyone at Delta was offered the PeoplePC deal, even if you wern't trying to vote a union in !

I just heard a rumor that in the past, DL employees have been offered various rewards such as cash bonuses and tangible gifts for voting "no" in union organization drives.

Not from delta,but I have been offered beer,wings,shirts,whistles,and other various goodies to sign a card.

In 1999 Delta Air Lines was found guilty of carrier interference by the National Mediation Board.

come on guys, it is typical actions to win over a vote. Both Delta and the Union campaign everytime a vote is in the air. Forget about the food, computers, etc... Research on the company you are working for and the union that is willing to represent your workgroup. Also get information on what the company and the union can and can not do while a drive is in action.

Already happening in Ground Ops... Improvements to trade policies and medical plans have been made on the DL side to better match what we have at NW.

As for management, see below...

let me just put it like this, can we trade some of our managers for theirs?

No thanks. If the sanctimonious A-holes that have slithered through my station the last couple of weeks are any indicator of the group at large, I'll stick with what we have at NW now.

come on guys, it is typical actions to win over a vote. Both Delta and the Union campaign everytime a vote is in the air. Forget about the food, computers, etc... Research on the company you are working for and the union that is willing to represent your workgroup. Also get information on what the company and the union can and can not do while a drive is in action.

Sage advice, man...

Unfortunately, too many people take the lazy way out, and swallow what they're spoon fed whole hog...

I am continuously amazed at how many people use the closed loop of DLnet as their sole source of info for, well, everything.