Anti-Union Incentive Rumor

Really? That ruuns quite counter to what you typed next...

Sounds like your mind is quite made up.

There isn't.

I know. This is what I'm talking about.

I didn't misunderstand you at all; in fact I was agreeing with you.

Disregard Kev long day at the "D".

I guess you dont realize Unions are non-profit organizations, every single penny spent is public record and is required to be reported, guess you dont realize companies are not held to the same standards.

Ask yourself why is it ok for the Executives to have contracts but not ok for the rank and file worker?

And companies sweeten the pot all the time when unions file for a campaign, I have worked on numerous successful drives for the IAM and see how companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars sometimes millions on anti-union activities, go look at Ford and Harrison Lawyer firm, and the infamous Gerry Glass. Go read a book called "Confessions of a Union Buster" by Marty Levitt and you will see the truth of how companies fight unions anyway they can and yes they do break the rules all the time and that is why elections get run again.

I guess you dont realize Unions are non-profit organizations, every single penny spent is public record and is required to be reported, guess you dont realize companies are not held to the same standards.

Ask yourself why is it ok for the Executives to have contracts but not ok for the rank and file worker?

And companies sweeten the pot all the time when unions file for a campaign, I have worked on numerous successful drives for the IAM and see how companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars sometimes millions on anti-union activities, go look at Ford and Harrison Lawyer firm, and the infamous Gerry Glass. Go read a book called "Confessions of a Union Buster" by Marty Levitt and you will see the truth of how companies fight unions anyway they can and yes they do break the rules all the time and that is why elections get run again.
Unions are "Not For Profit".In other words they show little profit because the membership will ask for refunds of their over payed dues. As far as the accounting is concerned you are right every penny has to be accounted for. In a closed shop people that are non members have to pay dues.However they can protest the non Germaine portion of those due and receive a refund.

Your wrong, unions are non-profit organizations I was a member of one, the IAM for 20 years.

Members cannot ask for a refund as dues are set by the bylaws, for example at US Airways for the IAM it was two times the hourly wage.

If members want not to pay for non-germane expenses they have to become a dues objector, which in turn makes them a non-member and lose all rights to attend meetings, vote on their CBA and whom represents them.

Your wrong, unions are non-profit organizations I was a member of one, the IAM for 20 years.

Members cannot ask for a refund as dues are set by the bylaws, for example at US Airways for the IAM it was two times the hourly wage.

If members want not to pay for non-germane expenses they have to become a dues objector, which in turn makes them a non-member and lose all rights to attend meetings, vote on their CBA and whom represents them.
What exactly did you not understand about my post?

And the next post after that one...

Delta has a long history of anti union rhetoric within the hallowed hangar doors.

How about buying an airplane for the company? (The Spirit of Delta comes to mind...yes, I was there)

In a union environment, we called that a paycut. :shock:

Back on topic:

Rumors of DAL paying cash for votes are far-fetched.

The only way to have solid proof that Delta gave cash for a "no vote" is if someone made it public and took it to the law. So we really should not get to deep into this thread. One thing I can say is that they open the gate on OT when a vote is going, but that's not enough proof to go running to the hills. Don't get me wrong management have done senseless things to remind workers to not vote at Delta. Understand and know what the rules are about interference and you can make the judgement if they did or didn't. Nothings guaranteed in life, but preparing and protecting what's yours should be a natural instinct. I guess not at Delta. You may not want it, but you need it.