Any FA recalls

With the new 24/7 rules imposed by the FAA, your ETB activity is SEVERELY restricted, and AFA has not been able to extract any relief from the company as of yet.
Relief for who? The BH's who are having to fly more. Also, you forgot to mention the old 24/7 rule neglected by our union and the company. We should probably start there.

Relief for who? The BH's who are having to fly more. Also, you forgot to mention the old 24/7 rule neglected by our union and the company. We should probably start there.

From what a friend at the AFA meeting sais this week Mike Flores said in no uncertain terms he went to the company and told them they were "out of their minds" by bringing so many people back and had them go back and scale down the numbers.
Also, they are offering leaves in CLT,PHL,PIT and DCA for January. Don't look for recall any time soon. :huh:

I understand that we may be over staffed on the East but someone needs to clue MR FLORES that his job as a union rep is to save as many jobs as possible and not to want a furlough. Am I the only one who feels that he could not care less about the jr people.

I understand that we may be over staffed on the East but someone needs to clue MR FLORES that his job as a union rep is to save as many jobs as possible and not to want a furlough. Am I the only one who feels that he could not care less about the jr people.
What alarms me more, is that our union reps, LEC or MEC, should be doing everything in there collective power to get this RSV issue changes. It's as though our voices are falling on deaf ears. Sure, they hear us, but it seems like it stops there. Pressure should be put on every day at all levels. Is it ok for me to post Flores contact numbers here, so we can all voice our opinions to him? He should be getting calls at all hours and so should our local reps.

Twicebaked,

A friend of mine had less than 2 years in PHX when he got his block and now hes just coming up on 3 years and still holding it. I have nearly four years(for pay) but 61/2 for bidding....so..yes..they will have blocks before anyone over here in PHL...or anywhere for that matter. However they are working their schedules and making more blocks for f/a's is obviously working. The reserves system over there is what sucks. Those reserves would never last if they had to spend 15 or 20 years on reserve . That is why they have such a high turnover rate. Its like working at an express company.

What alarms me more, is that our union reps, LEC or MEC, should be doing everything in there collective power to get this RSV issue changes. It's as though our voices are falling on deaf ears. Sure, they hear us, but it seems like it stops there. Pressure should be put on every day at all levels. Is it ok for me to post Flores contact numbers here, so we can all voice our opinions to him? He should be getting calls at all hours and so should our local reps.

And why, pray tell, will a 3 year fa on the west not have a block when an 8 yr fa on the east be on reserve? It just depends on the base and the flying. Look at the RSV in PIT compared to LGA or PHL.......

Again, PARKER WILL NOT impose the USAir contract.

It was ONLY AN EXAMPLE.

For the last time............what ever will be on the West will be on the East......

That is the point of the last few posts.

And I AM informed.

Relief for the RSV's. Read the post again. :rolleyes: Recalled FA's were recalled with the promise of extra time above 73 hours via the ETB. That is no longer possible.

How was the 24/7 rule neglected by our Union and Company?

It was ONLY AN EXAMPLE.

For the last time............what ever will be on the West will be on the East......

That is the point of the last few posts.

And I AM informed.
In post #13, you say "If Parker imposes the East contract..." He won't. They are negotiationg as we speak.

You say it is impossible for a 3yr FA to be a lineholder when an 8 year FA is on RSV. Not true. (I don't need to give another example, do I?)

You ARE misinformed.

Relief for the RSV's. Read the post again. :rolleyes: Recalled FA's were recalled with the promise of extra time above 73 hours via the ETB. That is no longer possible.

In post #13, you say "If Parker imposes the East contract..." He won't. They are negotiationg as we speak.

You say it is impossible for a 3yr FA to be a lineholder when an 8 year FA is on RSV. Not true. (I don't need to give another example, do I?)

You ARE misinformed.

Go back and read it again. I did not say impossible..I said will not.

You are missing the point!

Once we integrate the West will have the SAME system as the East. Your friends on the West will not be better off than you will be on the East.

I am done with this conversation.

You are only reading what you want to read.

Okay, I have heard this quote "Hang in There" for a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time....oh, it's 6 years now. Time's up. I feel like breaking the thumbs off your little smiley man. :shock:
"You will all be back"
So what's your best guestimate. What year will all the flight attendants be back? Those that wish to be ...probably of the 1100 there are 50? What's your guess? What year? 2008? 2010? 2020?

Its sad for those who want to come back. But at least they can still travel. :D

Actually, your post didn't state who you were talking relief for. It just said the AFA hadn't got any relief yet. Now we know you were talking about RSV relief. Thanks. The letter from the FAA was over a year old. F/A's had brought it up to union officers and were advised not to say anything, in that it would cause problems. I didn't realize we could pick and choose which FAR's to follow. I applaud the ones that ended up calling the FAA, and they only called the FAA, AFTER advising the AFA. They deserve commendations, especially after letting the union know about it. That is what is pathetic. Maybe if we had been following this FAR, we wouldn't be having this discussion know.

Go back and read it again. I did not say impossible..I said will not.

You are missing the point!

Once we integrate the West will have the SAME system as the East. Your friends on the West will not be better off than you will be on the East.

I am done with this conversation.

You are only reading what you want to read.
Uhh, I realize that the west will have the same contract as the east, that's what a merged contract is.....

Does not change the fact that PHX new hires could very well be off RSV WELL before RSVs in other bases. ;)

Actually, your post didn't state who you were talking relief for. It just said the AFA hadn't got any relief yet. Now we know you were talking about RSV relief. Thanks. The letter from the FAA was over a year old. F/A's had brought it up to union officers and were advised not to say anything, in that it would cause problems. I didn't realize we could pick and choose which FAR's to follow. I applaud the ones that ended up calling the FAA, and they only called the FAA, AFTER advising the AFA. They deserve commendations, especially after letting the union know about it. That is what is pathetic. Maybe if we had been following this FAR, we wouldn't be having this discussion know.
Sorry, 109, I just assumed that since we were discussing recalled FA's, that we were referring to relief for RSV's.

I can see why the Union and the Company ignored the letter from the FAA, if that is true. One would assume that the Union was trying to ignore it to protect the viability of the ETB. (Notice I said "assume".. :lol: )

This 24/7 rule should have been implemented a long time ago to avoid the MESS we are in right now. It still shocks me that the majority of RSV's were so comfortable with working their *OFF* days to make a living, and when that was taken away, they decided to get upset. Show me another profession where you HAVE to work off days to pay your basic bills. Where was the outrage?? Congrats to the spin doctors at the company for pushin' that one through. <_<

Now, that giving up your VAC and OFF days is not as much of an option, RSV's have had it. Let's call the Union, MEC, LEC, and continually make them aware of our displeasure. It's the only way things will change.

Oh yah, let's get some more junior people involved in AFA70! (By more junior, I mean not "top heavy" senior. A mixture would be beneficial.)

I am confused... why will the west have the same system the east does once we integrate? They are going to negotiate a combined contract, I highly doubt they will go the "east" way with everyone miserable because they are on reserve forever....

Ouch....be careful with a statement like that one....it always comes back to bite you in the @ss! Once integretion occurs it's a level playing field for all....which means once PHX becomes open for transfers some of the "miserable" and "top heavy" east F/A's will be heading west. That will drop seniority in PHX causing some of the junior B/H's to fall back on RSV. And believe me....it's a never ending process...there's a lot of West Coasters dying to shorten the length of their commute!

Ouch....be careful with a statement like that one....it always comes back to bite you in the @ss! Once integretion occurs it's a level playing field for all....which means once PHX becomes open for transfers some of the "miserable" and "top heavy" east F/A's will be heading west. That will drop seniority in PHX causing some of the junior B/H's to fall back on RSV. And believe me....it's a never ending process...there's a lot of West Coasters dying to shorten the length of their commute!
What will bite me? I was just saying that I do not believe that the company is planning on simply implementing the US East contract on the West, contrary to what many believe.

A lot of west coasters "dying" to get to PHX might be overkill, and that statement only breeds fear in our west counterparts. While people plan on going to PHX from the east, many senior ones I have talked to have no intention of finishing their career doing LAX turns all day. You are correct, time will tell, but I don't think it will be as dramatic as portrayed.

Plus, the turnover at west is unbelievable.

Latest posts