Any FA recalls

From what a friend at the AFA meeting sais this week Mike Flores said in no uncertain terms he went to the company and told them they were "out of their minds" by bringing so many people back and had them go back and scale down the numbers.
Also, they are offering leaves in CLT,PHL,PIT and DCA for January. Don't look for recall any time soon. :huh:

From what a friend at the AFA meeting sais this week Mike Flores said in no uncertain terms he went to the company and told them they were "out of their minds" by bringing so many people back and had them go back and scale down the numbers.
Also, they are offering leaves in CLT,PHL,PIT and DCA for January. Don't look for recall any time soon. :huh:
True. MF said that he even tried to convince mgmt that they were recalling too many earlier this year. Aug & Dec planned recalls have been cancelled, according to MF. Hang in there tho, you will all be back! :up:

As on of the recalled FA's said at the meeting, if she had known she was not going to fly, and was not going to have access to the ETB, she never would have accepted recall. Wait 'till they straighten this mess out...... ;)

Hang in there tho, you will all be back! :up:
Okay, I have heard this quote "Hang in There" for a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time....oh, it's 6 years now. Time's up. I feel like breaking the thumbs off your little smiley man. :shock:
"You will all be back"
So what's your best guestimate. What year will all the flight attendants be back? Those that wish to be ...probably of the 1100 there are 50? What's your guess? What year? 2008? 2010? 2020?

It could be a lot worse. AA has a drop dead date in which if you have been inactive for 5 years you loose everything then they can hire off the street. It's something the USAirways asked for 2 years ago.

Okay, I have heard this quote "Hang in There" for a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time....oh, it's 6 years now. Time's up. I feel like breaking the thumbs off your little smiley man. :shock:
"You will all be back"
So what's your best guestimate. What year will all the flight attendants be back? Those that wish to be ...probably of the 1100 there are 50? What's your guess? What year? 2008? 2010? 2020?
Wow... I was saying be glad you are not here now on Reserve at the bottom. No idea when you will all be back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

This is just another stab in the back for the furloughs who want to come back. Most are at express carriers and cant wait to come back. The company and afa keep offering them b*llshit offers. If the company keeps it up these people will finely have enough and move on and all the new hires will be the very bottom of the barrell. Very senior bitter and old flight attendants with young trashy I dont give a s*hit new hires(great combination). STOP FEEDING THE JUNIOR PEOPLE TO THE WOLVES. IT WILL ONLY F*CK U IN THE END.

This is just another stab in the back for the furloughs who want to come back. Most are at express carriers and cant wait to come back. The company and afa keep offering them b*llshit offers. If the company keeps it up these people will finely have enough and move on and all the new hires will be the very bottom of the barrell. Very senior bitter and old flight attendants with young trashy I dont give a s*hit new hires(great combination). STOP FEEDING THE JUNIOR PEOPLE TO THE WOLVES. IT WILL ONLY F*CK U IN THE END.
How are they stabbing you in the back? If we have another recall in DEC, you will come back, be on the bottom of the reserve list, and not fly. With the new 24/7 rules imposed by the FAA, your ETB activity is SEVERELY restricted, and AFA has not been able to extract any relief from the company as of yet.

You would be sitting around on 90% of your days on duty, collecting a 73 hour paycheck with little or no per diem. Sound good? Didnt think so.

If you will come back with a trashy "I dont give a sh*t" attitude, maybe you should move on. The recalled FA's that I have flown with since June have been great.

Something odd is up with this airline and the people who plan the trip..ect... I am not sure how it all works..but no other airline operates like this . I have friends at other majors with blocks who are at my seniority or junior. Even the ones that they are hireing at U west are gonna have a block before me. What is up with that? I know the company can fix it. It cant be that difficult. Unless they dont want to fix it. That way they can pay us less.

The company and afa keep offering them b*llshit offers. If the company keeps it up these people will finely have enough and move on and all the new hires will be the very bottom of the barrell.

With all due respect "furloughednow psa" the company is probably hoping for that. They want you to move on. They don't give a sh*&!!

As far as bottom of the barrell...... Everyone said the same thing about those classes that started coming in 2000 and on. They even lowered the age to get a better "range" of people.

Do you think of yourself as bottom of the barrel? I don't think that of you or any of the others that were hired with you/after you.

Don't fool yourself that the airline industry is down to bottom of the barrel. It has many many many more decades of flying and hiring to go....if this is the end (bottom of the barrel), we are in serious trouble then. Make room for the vending machines...one thinks their are no more worthy people.

Seriously, furloughed.....I know you are venting, but the company doesn't want recalls to return. :angry:

I have friends at other majors with blocks who are at my seniority or junior. Even the ones that they are hireing at U west are gonna have a block before me.

No, they won't!!! Unless they are getting blocks by this summer, they will not have blocks before you.

What you have to realize is that they too will have the same system that the East does once we integrate. I am not sure what system that is but.....if 5 years there has a block, so will you. If 5 years here doesn't have a block, neither will they.

Get what I mean? :down:

With all due respect "furloughednow psa" the company is probably hoping for that. They want you to move on. They don't give a sh*&!!

As far as bottom of the barrell...... Everyone said the same thing about those classes that started coming in 2000 and on. They even lowered the age to get a better "range" of people.

Do you think of yourself as bottom of the barrel? I don't think that of you or any of the others that were hired with you/after you.

Don't fool yourself that the airline industry is down to bottom of the barrel. It has many many many more decades of flying and hiring to go....if this is the end (bottom of the barrel), we are in serious trouble then. Make room for the vending machines...one thinks their are no more worthy people.

Seriously, furloughed.....I know you are venting, but the company doesn't want recalls to return. :angry:
No, they won't!!! Unless they are getting blocks by this summer, they will not have blocks before you.

What you have to realize is that they too will have the same system that the East does once we integrate. I am not sure what system that is but.....if 5 years there has a block, so will you. If 5 years here doesn't have a block, neither will they.

Get what I mean? :down:
I am confused... why will the west have the same system the east does once we integrate? They are going to negotiate a combined contract, I highly doubt they will go the "east" way with everyone miserable because they are on reserve forever....

I am confused... why will the west have the same system the east does once we integrate? They are going to negotiate a combined contract, I highly doubt they will go the "east" way with everyone miserable because they are on reserve forever....

I am not saying they will. I am saying that whatever "we" have they will have. If Parker imposes our contract on them, they too will suffer the same bull sh$t that we do.

A 3 year f/a on the West will not have a block when and 8 year f/a on the East is on reserve.

It will end up the same whatever that may be.

Let's just hope it is not "our" way.

I am not saying they will. I am saying that whatever "we" have they will have. If Parker imposes our contract on them, they too will suffer the same bull sh$t that we do.

A 3 year f/a on the West will not have a block when and 8 year f/a on the East is on reserve.

It will end up the same whatever that may be.

Let's just hope it is not "our" way.
Parker will not impose USAir contract on AWA. He said in one employee meeting that he had the ability to do that, and then everyone on the West started freaking out because they thought that was written in stone. Its all positioning.... The East contract is not working, and according to MF, Mgmt gets that.

According to MECP MF, negotiations were at a snails pace. None of the "juicy" items even talked about. However, he said that after word of picketing, etc, negotiations have picked up significantly. They expect to open the "bigger" sections (RSV, pay, etc..) in the first weeks of January. Call MF, and he will tell you! Read the e-lines. Go to meeetings! Stay informed and get the facts.

And why, pray tell, will a 3 year fa on the west not have a block when an 8 yr fa on the east be on reserve? It just depends on the base and the flying. Look at the RSV in PIT compared to LGA or PHL.......

Again, PARKER WILL NOT impose the USAir contract.