News on FA Recall?

Stewguy, do you think there is a chance that these people will be furloughed again in the fall?
My question is if this is indeed the case, then why bring them back and train them again and rearrange their lives again. It doesnt seem fair.
Good question. My understanding is that they feel like they need these folks for "padding" for the upcoming summer flying. I think that if they start parking airplanes in the fall that it probably wouldn't mean furloughs, just no more recalls. They lose enough through attrition as it is. But someone who is more "in the know" than I am could probably answer that question better.

Stewguy, do you think there is a chance that these people will be furloughed again in the fall?
My question is if this is indeed the case, then why bring them back and train them again and rearrange their lives again. It doesnt seem fair.
sadly, if they do have to furlough, it likely won't effect the people on the most recent recall because they are senior to the bottom ranks.
if the latest recall is just more of the same tempe decision making (fire then aim), it will be an ugly fall for a lot of people. myself included.

Well I just got my back to work forms (got them on Sat. and I have to have everything back by the 28th). I have been following this thread since I got my notice. Thanks for all the information here, can't wait to see how things have changed since I went on EXL. Anyone know if there are any other forums that people are regularly posting on this subject?

Well I just got my back to work forms (got them on Sat. and I have to have everything back by the 28th). I have been following this thread since I got my notice. Thanks for all the information here, can't wait to see how things have changed since I went on EXL. Anyone know if there are any other forums that people are regularly posting on this subject?

What is your seniority?

You would hold a block in any base except maybe CLT.... Not sure where they ended.

Philly went to Oct 98 for May

I am PHL based, you sure about the Oct 98? (I assume you are speaking about recalls) I have to call Corp tomorrow with a ton of questions, guess I will find out then.

Have a good night!

I am PHL based, you sure about the Oct 98? (I assume you are speaking about recalls) I have to call Corp tomorrow with a ton of questions, guess I will find out then.

Have a good night!

I am not sure what you mean!

You said your seniority was June 97. Seconday blocks went to Oct 98 for May. That being said....you would hold a block for May and should for June, July, August, and Sept..

You will lose it in Oct as the down turn the European season will do that.

I am not sure what you mean!

You said your seniority was June 97. Seconday blocks went to Oct 98 for May. That being said....you would hold a block for May and should for June, July, August, and Sept..

You will lose it in Oct as the down turn the European season will do that.

sorry i was obviously confused by what you meant as well. Just signed up for all my training...9 days altogether.

Well I went to CATCREW option #40 for Jun 08, and pulled up my seniority. When the page came up, I noticed that a whole bunch of FAs that have had XXX next to their name for years(on Vol Furlough), no longer have that XXX. Im guessing that now they have decided to come back to work. Kind of suprised that that chose to.

Well I went to CATCREW option #40 for Jun 08, and pulled up my seniority. When the page came up, I noticed that a whole bunch of FAs that have had XXX next to their name for years(on Vol Furlough), no longer have that XXX. Im guessing that now they have decided to come back to work. Kind of suprised that that chose to.

For me personally I enjoyed 5 years off to raise my children and am very excited to go back to work. We enjoy our travel priveledges obviously and this was a factor in deciding whether to accept their request to return.

It's not so much that I decided to come back now (I would have stayed on furlough for 5 more years if it was offered) but that US airways decided they needed me back, so I need to return. Not many jobs could have given me this opportunity and I am thankful for it.

Anyway, just my POV.