News on FA Recall?

Did you see the 30% discount we get on Danskos now?

I am sorry gals - but these Danskos should not be worn by flight attendants. They reek of a late 90s hire casualness.

I hope they have some grooming classes for these new hires they are calling back. This place has fallen apart and skin care has gone out the window!

Finally received my official "thanks but we don't need you on the recall" letter from Tempe in the mail today. The letter was also a reminder of the different ways you can retire from the F/A ranks (years of service + age, etc.) so it looks like they're really trying to get people higher up the seniority list to just GO AWAY!

Could you tell us what retirement options they mentioned and where to find the info for each of them?

THX
I'm not sure where the company has this info for you to find, but I'm happy to print it here.
  • 65 Point Plan: Years of service + age add up to at least 65. Unlimited on/offline travel at S4 status (inactive) and a travel card. Four companion passes and two SA1 vacation passes as long as the company awards them.
  • 25/45: 25 years of service as a F/A and you're at least 45 years old you can resign and get unlimited on/offline passes at S3 boarding status (active) and a travel card. Eight companion passes and two SA1 passes.
  • Retirement: Must be at least 55 and have 5 yrs. of service. Unlimited on/offline travel on S4 status. Four companion passes and two SA1 passes.
  • Retirement with 25/45 Privileges: Must be at least 55 and have at least 25 yrs. of service as a F/A and you get the same travel privileges as the 25/45 plan.
Personally, I think they're smart to encourage more senior (i.e. more expensive) F/As to leave, but I don't know that travel benefits alone are enough to nudge many of them out the door.

Does anybody know the number of recalls that actually showed up for training on Tuesday?

I am wondering too. It must be enough that Stewguy86 got some letter that they didn't need any more people. How many were supposed to show up?

And I am still trying to figure out why they needed to recall them in the first place. :unsure: :down:

I'm not sure where the company has this info for you to find, but I'm happy to print it here.
  • 65 Point Plan: Years of service + age add up to at least 65. Unlimited on/offline travel at S4 status (inactive) and a travel card. Four companion passes and two SA1 vacation passes as long as the company awards them.
  • 25/45: 25 years of service as a F/A and you're at least 45 years old you can resign and get unlimited on/offline passes at S3 boarding status (active) and a travel card. Eight companion passes and two SA1 passes.
  • Retirement: Must be at least 55 and have 5 yrs. of service. Unlimited on/offline travel on S4 status. Four companion passes and two SA1 passes.
  • Retirement with 25/45 Privileges: Must be at least 55 and have at least 25 yrs. of service as a F/A and you get the same travel privileges as the 25/45 plan.
Personally, I think they're smart to encourage more senior (i.e. more expensive) F/As to leave, but I don't know that travel benefits alone are enough to nudge many of them out the door.

Thanks for all of the info. The Hub is full of broken links and inconsistent info NOT in any one place. There is a lot of confusion because one of these things is contractual, others are company policy. I am pleased that at least on your letter it was spelled out exactly what options are available

Do you know that as fact?
Yeah I do know that as a fact.

Take a look around you.

I don't care what an airline SAYS they will do after a merger but it may pay to be prepared.

What you may be suggesting is that people would potentially be coming back to be furloughed or have their base closed in a few years.

Is this "stirring the pot"?

Informed people should make decisions in their best interests.

If there are future mergers "do YOU know that as a fact" that downsizing would not occur?

Consolidation means that you consolidate - you do not keep redundant parts.

They were trying to get a total of 180 F/As in the latest recall.

Stewguy, do you think there is a chance that these people will be furloughed again in the fall?
My question is if this is indeed the case, then why bring them back and train them again and rearrange their lives again. It doesnt seem fair.