The New Lcc F/a Uniform

Business casual means NO TIES! Open collar short or long sleeve shirt, casual pants and a light weight down filled ski jacket for the winter. Easy, inexpensive and most important, machine washable. Ties have got to go. This is not a fashon show. Comfortable employees are happy employees!

ChrisUS said:
It should be VERY easy for them. The gate agents are the ones who actually WORK. ;)
[post="302647"][/post]​

That was a stupid/childish comment. Hope you are never on a plane.....I will leave you there in an evacuation...since we don't work. We don't take abuse daily form idiot passengers, we don't fly from coast to coast in a day, we don't fly up to 6 flights a day, we don't stay away from home 20+ days a month, we don't work 15 hour days, we don't pull our backs out or get hurt in turbulance daily....I guess we don't work...do we!

See that little smiley face with a *wink*? That means humor. I hardly ever see FAs working at the podium, unless they are checking a load and then its usually, "Can you do me a favor and check this for me?"
Watch out here it comes again..... ;)

tadjr said:
See that little smiley face with a *wink*? That means humor. I hardly ever see FAs working at the podium, unless they are checking a load and then its usually, "Can you do me a favor and check this for me?"
[post="302736"][/post]​
So tadjr ..let me get this straight ..that little wink means I SHOULDN'T take you seriously, right? :lol:

tadjr said:
[post="302736"][/post]​

I find it hard to swallow that it was a "joke" as many gate agents make those comments to us. "If you only knew what it was to really work." etc. I apologize if it were meant as a joke, but it wasn't the least bit amusing.

I posted this is another thread. I thought that a similar uniform (navy) with red accents would be nice, Maybe a thin red and white strip around the sleeve and on the epelets would look nice. A tie with red in it also but not completely red. optional pieces for men and women like a fitted red vest with buttons for men and red skirt or dress for women would look really nice. Also they should change our crew tags to a red white and blue theme.

I would really like to see RED in our uniforms. White and Blue are nice, but we need a splash of color and it definetely should be RED.

Well I hope we have a very sharp biz casual look. I am for loosing the ties. I also think the company should pay for the dry cleaning and make everyone dry clean the pieces that need it. I hope that whatever we get will be worn properly by everyone. I hope the company sees to that. As for the working hard thing, I love my job as an FA but I have had others, and with all due respect TB its not that hard. I cant belive you could type that with a straight face ;)

ItsNotThatSerious said:
Well I hope we have a very sharp biz casual look. I am for loosing the ties. I also think the company should pay for the dry cleaning and make everyone dry clean the pieces that need it. I hope that whatever we get will be worn properly by everyone. I hope the company sees to that. As for the working hard thing, I love my job as an FA but I have had others, and with all due respect TB its not that hard. I cant belive you could type that with a straight face ;)
[post="302887"][/post]​
We used to have a dry cleaning allowance..if I can remember correctly(correct me if i'm wrong) it was 20$ a month that U gave us in our checks.

xoxo said:
We used to have a dry cleaning allowance..if I can remember correctly(correct me if i'm wrong) it was 20$ a month that U gave us in our checks.
[post="302980"][/post]​

We don't have a dry cleaning allowance either, but I just use the dry cleaning cost as a tax right off. It would be nice to have uniforms that are washable instead of dry cleaning for a change.