Anyone hear if the company is going to drop 737 F/C to 8 Seats

OK I just received a reply from Tempe (Travis) and he said there are NO plans to bring the 737's down to 8F although he thanked me for the idea... LOL.

So I think this was an urban legend......
Thanks for getting an answer. Isn't it academic though, with the 737s being replaced with the 190s ?

I hope they do something with the 737's and fast. I was on one last week and what an embarrassment the condition inside and out that thing was and I don't even work for the airline. It looked like I could paid for the aircraft with my airfare. I had to look at the gate to make sure it was going to Charlotte instead of some third World country. I am on two 737's next week sitting way in the back and I am dreading the experience.

I hope they do something with the 737's and fast. I was on one last week and what an embarrassment the condition inside and out that thing was and I don't even work for the airline. It looked like I could paid for the aircraft with my airfare. I had to look at the gate to make sure it was going to Charlotte instead of some third World country. I am on two 737's next week sitting way in the back and I am dreading the experience.
The -400 series are comfortable whereas I would pass on any 300 (damn seats remind me of a church kneeler). Most of the 737's are LONG OVERDUE for a paint job on the exterior. Management should be ASHAMED to have a/c looking like some of these "Battleships".

and don't forget that HP 7dirty7's don't have a bulkhead seperating F from the 1L door / jumpseat!

basicly, take all of US's fleet and its going to mirror HP. We can't stop it, no matter how many of our customers leave & our employees complain, its going to happen.

We can't change their mentality as it's "their way or fly another airline"...

And considering how "uniform" the HP fleet is, I just flew on 628 and thought it was the most comfy Airbus A320 I've been on... although it was wierd seeing the tv monitors used as well as what looked like 2 feet of space behind row 26....
Are you joking?? 628? Do you mean a/c number? If you flew that plane, I am really suprised you said it was the most comfy plane you ever flew. That is one of the oldest airbus' we have in our fleet. It was a Braniff airplane that was delivered to HP when they went under. We still have some of those old aircraft with the old dark blue seats with the old flight line screens sticking out of the back of the headrests. Total embaressment!!! I hope 628 had at least new seats. If you fly the newer airbus on the West they have leather seats in coach, and are very comfortable. Supposely the company will replace all airplanes with leather seats in the future, lets hope! :up: