APFA Seniority

Just an fyi....to all those flight attendants that now want to change their vote to no. If you overturn your approved vote on concessions to a no vote on consessions, you might just lose about 3000 positions in sen. Did you ever take into consideration that if you vote no and we go bankrupt. That means the judge throws out the contract, which means the TWA flight attandant now have AA seniority. Not only do you lose a bunch more money (set by judge) you lose your seniority to a TWA flight attendant, think a little more about that, before you cause more unrest in this company. This is just a little thought that has been floating around for a few days now.

I think your post is far fetched. Unions and Company have to negotiate concessions even in bankruptcy. If they fail to agree, the Judge can impose the companies' last offer. AA has already showed APFA their intended requests for concessions should AA go chapter 11. There was nothing in that list of additional concessions about the integration of the workforces. The Judge's role is not to address labor issues. He protects the creditors. Second, should AA decide to submit to have the integration agreement dissolved, extremely unlikely, seniority issues would likely be submitted to an arbitrator who would be governed by minimizing harm, to the AA flight attendants. It is possible that C-11 might delay any legal attempts to revisit the seniority issue thus shielding native AA F/As. Third, the Judge does not "throw out the contracts", s/he allows them to be amended through bargaining or amended through granting the company's request for relief in certain areas. I understand people's concerns, but the probability of the scenario as you posted it is near nil.

I respect your opinion, but this has been the hot topic over the weekend. It has been brought by many people in higher positions than me. I could careless if they integrate the seniority, actually I would praise the intergration of FA''s.
The judge can do just about what he wants, I know the judges main purpose is to protect the creditors, but just saying this comes from a good source.

If we go into bankrupt, lets just see what could happen. Thats all I have to say for now.

----------------
On 4/22/2003 11:33:04 AM APFAh8r wrote:

Just an fyi....to all those flight attendants that now want to change their vote to no. If you overturn your approved vote on concessions to a no vote on consessions, you might just lose about 3000 positions in sen. Did you ever take into consideration that if you vote no and we go bankrupt. That means the judge throws out the contract, which means the TWA flight attandant now have AA seniority. Not only do you lose a bunch more money (set by judge) you lose your seniority to a TWA flight attendant, think a little more about that, before you cause more unrest in this company. This is just a little thought that has been floating around for a few days now.

----------------​
Dear APFA hate''R. The judge can do many things, not prior to the 1113 negotiations APFA and AA management must submit to. I am curious, what benefit would it be to AA to throw out the seniority intergration agreement?

I just hate to see so many people with 30 years or more lose their jobs, I wish we all lived in a world that was perfect, but that is not the way things happen. I think a lot of flight attendant live in a fantasy world, and think they are not replaceable, but let me tell you something, this is just my opinion and I''m sure many more, but the reality is anyone can ask a person if they would like more ice with their soda............

----------------
On 4/22/2003 11:33:04 AM APFAh8r wrote:

If I''m not mistaking, wasn''t that decided by an arbitrator outside of the company?​

What we need is to get rid of the Flight Attendants with 10 years of seniority or less. In my opinion they are the worst in the industry. I may be making a harsh judgement because only a few bad apples spoil it for the rest but that group is one of the worst out there. The flight Attendants with more than 10 years are for the most part the best in the industry.

And i thank god for the crew on the Richard Reid flight. They were professional and a great asset to the company. But there are still flight attendants using the a300 crash the 9/11 incident and the shoe bomber incident to get out of work and for some odd reason the company refusaes to do anything about it. Why do we allow this to happen

not a scare tactic, i could careless if you fa''s lost seniority. I just stating what I have heard around the horn. Take it for whatever you want.

----------------
On 4/22/2003 11:59:48 AM A77IGW wrote:

I would like to see everyone get their seniorirty

----------------​
So do I. I have many friends with over 30 years that will be losing their jobs.

I agree ART no more insults should be taken at the entire work group. But why does the APFA defend the bad apples. If flight service did the job they were supposed to we may not need to lay off anyone. They just need to put friendship aside and fire the people who show a pattern of sick abuse, family leave abuse report late too often. You and I both know that there are way to many who abuse the system. If given some time I myself could get at least 500 names by the end of the month

Come on now APFAH8TR they do more than ask for more ice in the soda. They pass out pretzels and perfect the art of bitching and complaining. The company could #### a gold brick in the flight attendants lap and they would not be happy.