It's Official, APFA Vote Passed

“Why on gods green earth would you think AA would worry about supposed PR issues if they had to furlough people? [sic]”
Maybe they don’t worry about the news articles.

“…Just because you are irritated about some ridiculous pass travel problem. Amazing! Here's an answer for you, keep flying and DON'T take it.”
I won’t take it. It’s a bad deal.

It is reasonable when AA removes all good and decent work rules, that they offer an Early Out for those who don’t care to remain under their bait and switch work environment.

“… Problem solved. Next rant.”
It is reasonable to expect that after working for AA for 15 years that they would offer unlimited passes as they have in years past. http://www.apfa.org/content/view/1551/585/

I would of been very surprised if the FA's did not take the deal. Their deal was much better than ours (with the buyout) and ours passed.

Then again the pilots got the best offer of all and they turned it down flat. So who knows.

Bluebird, you really didn't read the APFA VBR from 2008 did you? I mean, you posted the link and all. So, for $15,000 you had to be, wait for it........... Age 50 or more with 15 years of service. Worse than the VEOP. So with your VBR, everyone hit the 50-55 rule. The only bonus was you got passes until you turned 55 and commenced retirement. But, you also got $25,000 LESS! So even with your perfect VBR, you STILL aren't eligible. Now that made my day. I must say Thank You for the laugh. I would also like to point out you got access to COBRA insurance for 18 months, but you only got it subsidized for 6 months. Then you got the privelege to pay 100% of the rate. Same with dental and vision, only they were 100% the whole time. At that point, I stopped reading it.

Reactions: 1 person
Silverbird007, why would anyone who has never read their contract read proposed draconian changes to that contract? Galley gossip about the contents of the LBFO is so much more fun to talk about, and you can always claim later that they must have changed the terms after you voted.

In fact, considering that the LBFO we just approved is not in contract language, I wouldn't be too sure that either one of us (and I have read the entire text of the actual LBFO) can be sure about what the final product is going to say. There are loopholes you could drive a truck through. When they start "contractualizing" the LBFO, I think there are going to be some areas where the company is going to tell the union, "Well, that may be what you thought we meant, but that is not what we meant." And, if the union tries to push, the company can say "Do you have that in writing somewhere? We don't remember any such agreement."

Cynical? Moi? How could you say such a thing?

Good luck and best wishes to you all, Jim.

Sharon