Attended Stan Herman's meeting today in Phoenix

Is there a plan for Express? Either a different uniform (extra cost) or perhaps keeping express in the current uniform and making that the express uniform that only they where. There should be a clear difference between who is mainline and who is express.

this is funny usairways-usairways express should be in the same uniform........From the customer standpoint we are the SAME company, they are an equal and needed part of US............

AND REMEMBER

those f/a's open the doors and provide safe flts the same as you do.......but they work with what the company they work for gives them so we need to hold mesa, trans states, air wisconson, ect to the standards.

We are no better then they are
REMEMBER THAT

While we are no better than they are, the public needs to be more aware that while the airplane says US Airways it is mesa or the like. I think our express carriers whether owned or contracted should look "similar" yet be known as express. Even european carriers like Lufthansa for example has different uniforms. Nothing wrong with it. Even if you eat at a McDonalds that is corporate rather than a franchise store, the uniforms the employees wear is quite often different.

It would be like a day without orange juice wouldn't it EMBFA? Just out of curiosity who told you that you were better than anyone else?

Watch out America West folks......this is a common US AIRWAYS attitude about a lot of things.

BULL :censored: !!!

Doesn't Republic have their own uniform or is that Air Wis? I know at least one of them has their own company uniform and does not wear the US Uniform. Just old and cannot remember who it is. LOL.

Oh no America West is fine.... cant wait to work with them. With Express we knew when we walked in the door and saw bare feet and dirty uniforms in what is supposed to be a workplace-- its not hard to be a cut above something like mesa. And who told us we were better? The passengers, the agents, the pilots who went to RW... some of those f/as did but most did not we were ashamed to be even remotely associated with them. give them thier own uniform and identity and maybe it will mean something to them. the logo on the tail means something to me.
You may want to turn down the volume on your attitude. On "The Galley Show" thread the attitude is funny but with your comments I'm not getting that warm fuzzy co-worker feeling.
Look, you know nothing about my airline history, nor anybody else's. Bad form to be blanket categorize a group of people based upon your impressions of some.
Oh and by the way... I work for Express.

be nice you know he had to jump off a building to get into that vest........or use crisco......

etops its way to tight for you.........others are just to kind to tell ya
you mean the vest or my pants? which one? lol. people tell me my pants are too tight on me. i think that they fit just fine. the vest is a medium and i have no problem getting it on . it's just a fitted vest.it does not fit me tight. are you calling me`fat by the way? how dare you. lol

Oh blah blah blah... I stand by my comments.

When we worked out of terminal F my co-workers and I were embarrassed by what we saw and ashamed to be associated with it. Thats how we felt, and thats a fact. Most of our customers seem to feel the same way.

Before the kiddie pilots get upset there are terrible f/as at mainline and great ones at express carriers. But for the most part, US Airways Express is awful and its 2/3rds of the airline. we can polish the turd of mainline but the fact is when you buy a ticket your mostre likely to end up on the express circus. Our Express is the worst in the industry. We have way too many different carriers, they arent standard, and they dont seem to get held to any service or appearance standards. Thats US Airways responsibility in the end because its thier name on the plane. Some of the carriers have bad hiring practices but its US Airways who doesnt seem to care about 2.3rds of its flying as long as it replaces mainline. So until they either merge the express flying into the airline or take control of that mess, no i dont want to be associated with it. sorry. I have to admit it was mostly one airline in particular but it was bad.

And clippedwings, i know you were at mainline and now are at PSA, you said it before. Thats nice. Im sure you do a good job every PSA f/a ive met seems great, they seem to be more uniform compliant than mainline is. maybe your ok with the rest of "US Airways Express" but we were not. Maybe its better now with less Mesa, who knows, maybe your not based in philly, i dont know.. I just know that i have personally never been so embarrassed to be a flight attendant or to work for us airways than sitting in the F terminal waiting for our plane and watching and hearing some of those "f/as" walk by and knowing that while mt friends are furloughed, people think that these people work for us.

and folks i worked at a commuter before.. who hasnt at one point in thier career these days... its not that im too good for it, im just embarrassed to be associated with US AIRWAYS EXPRESS in particular because of the people representing us at some of those airlines. Fry me if you will but thats the way most of us feel and i dont mind saying it. Maybe if they were not hiding behind someone elses name so much they would take some pride... at MDA we were told we were not mainline and we were not Express and both were rude to us. So We took pride in being the Division and made sure we represented ourselves well to the customers and our co-workers, even in the end while we watched our jobs get outsourced. maybe if these peoplefelt more connected to thier own name as well as us airways they would start to care a bit more.

And while were on subject of Express wearing F/A uniforms

AMERICAN and AMERICAN EAGLE- different uniforms
UNITED and UNITED EXPRESS - UA F/A contract does not allow anyone else to wear thier unifor, express wears customer service uniform
DELTA and DELTA CONNECTION- Connection carrier wear thier own uniform, DElta doesnt let them wear thiers

Sharing the F crewroom was pretty interesting at times. Just when you thought you had seen it all, there was somebody who made you do a double take. I never bothered to see who worked for who, but often thought...OMG!

I agree that the company needs to get control over the express carriers. I think the service should be seamless from express to mainline and the only thing that the customer should notice as being different is the AC type.

Yeah i think i saw it all when i saw the girl sleeping in short shorts and picking her crotch for all to see. or the one who dresses like elvira the goth flight attendant. and the boy with the faux hawk who had no front teeth, and smelled like b.o because he just sat in the crewroom day after day waiting for a trip. and of course all the united and delta sweaters that they were about to wear on a us express flight. im sorry to be nasty, but it was like the island of the misfit toys!

this was all a couple years ago. with the way they shuffle express around maybe its gotten better... has it clippedwings? maybe we are forming our impression on one or two carriers in particular.

EMBFA,
You are brave. I wouldn't dare say all that I think but will agree that I have really been embarrassed on some express flights that I have non-reved on in uniform. Specifically on the occasion when stand-up routines were done. I had e-mailed inflight about some of the flights where no beverage service was done and it was over an hour flight. Flights where mainline do a full service and express say that it is too short to serve. The last one was IAD-CLT with TWO F/As and only ten pax. I cringed. Inflight said that they have their own policies and procedures but pax would not know that. If they wear our uniform and fly our logo, then the service and operating standards needs to be the same. Until then, mainline will not consider them equals because they are not.

EMBFA you are sooo right on it's scary. Like she said, there are bad on both ends but many fly express and it IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE AND INCONSISTENT. It is a reflection on mainline and we have enough to clean up here to worry about the unprofessionalism of express. It's the facts folks. Admit it. Those that are great flight attendants on express we appreciate you and accept you as a professional. EMBFA again...is dead on.

EMBFA,
You are brave. I wouldn't dare say all that I think but will agree that I have really been embarrassed on some express flights that I have non-reved on in uniform. Specifically on the occasion when stand-up routines were done. I had e-mailed inflight about some of the flights where no beverage service was done and it was over an hour flight. Flights where mainline do a full service and express say that it is too short to serve. The last one was IAD-CLT with TWO F/As and only ten pax. I cringed. Inflight said that they have their own policies and procedures but pax would not know that. If they wear our uniform and fly our logo, then the service and operating standards needs to be the same. Until then, mainline will not consider them equals because they are not.

First of all, I totally agree that US Airways Express and US Airways have different uniforms, from a customer perspective who flies alot of HP metal.. we know them as America West flights and Mesa flights, I do not even say Express..I know it as Mesa, and it is a crap shoot on what you get for a flight attendant. From a customer perspective, they are NOT professional. They talk to you like you are on the street or they are prision wardens. Some of the comedy, is not funny, but embarassing. I think US should expand their wholely owned subsidaries and get rid of the Mesa's and others. In all honesty, bring more Mainline... we know Express is cheaper, but they are crap to fly in. (Sorry but you hit a nerve!! I avoid Mesa flights and fly the competition when I have no choice... )

I would love to see a professional uniform for the F/As. I disagree that we do not care what the airline is wearing... there is a reason why some of us do not fly Southwest.... No assigned seats and F/A's in Shorts and too casual... some of us do like the professionalism of the HP/US/UA attendants that we fly...

I think your uniform should reflect a profesisonal organization..

I don't think there is anything wrong with the no time option . The Aviator shirt is the wrong shirt to wear tieless. It also depends on the person. Some guys have no clue on their appearance and look horrible in general no matter what "option" they excercise.

I saw a couple of East guys headed for the hotel van in PHX and they ditched the tie and it worked for them.

I hope the tieless option continues.

I would love to see a professional uniform for the F/As. I disagree that we do not care what the airline is wearing... there is a reason why some of us do not fly Southwest.... No assigned seats and F/A's in Shorts and too casual... some of us do like the professionalism of the HP/US/UA attendants that we fly...

I think your uniform should reflect a profesisonal organization..
It's hard to have that professional look you desire when you fly in and out of PHX and LAS in the summer. Sweat soaked shirts are very MESA-esque.

If the APU is inoperative and the ground air is also down or weak, it's often over 100 in the cabin before boarding. Add all the passengers and the temperature climbs quickly. I've gone onto aircraft that were sitting closed up on the ramp, and they are heat soaked. It's so hot you can't breathe, and the heat radiates off of every surface. It takes forever to cool off.

There was a rumor last year about a flight attendant passing out in the aft galley from heat stroke. Then they all of a sudden allowed us to stop wearing the ties.

Back