Aviall Visit to TUL?

"“We have a philosophy where we’d like to be aggressive,” he said. “Even though we’re sitting there and going to get slapped in the face for $4 million, the phone call we made was, ‘We’re here to help you, it’s business as usual.’”

That's what you call smart business right there.
They know good and well even though theyre going to eat 4mil, they'll more than make that up-& pretty quick by extending a hand in AA hard times.

Reactions: 1 person
"“We have a philosophy where we’d like to be aggressive,” he said. “Even though we’re sitting there and going to get slapped in the face for $4 million, the phone call we made was, ‘We’re here to help you, it’s business as usual.’”

That's what you call smart business right there.
They know good and well even though theyre going to eat 4mil, they'll more than make that up-& pretty quick by extending a hand in AA hard times.
[/quote]

Yes, and that is a sign of good management seeing an opportunity to make it all back and more. Aviall is an unsecured creditor getting spanked by the AMR BK. Now the payor has a chance to become a payee. That could be a great strategy. Would Ourpay have done anything like that?

My concern about Aviall is their current and future capacity to provide parts and components to AA and the effect that will have on AA CAM/PALM as well as their warehouse and distribution of parts..Let me know what you fellow AMTs think about my first post.

My concern about Aviall is their current and future capacity to provide parts and components to AA and the effect that will have on AA CAM/PALM as well as their warehouse and distribution of parts..Let me know what you fellow AMTs think about my first post.
First let's get past the first part. Just with any unit at any location in the system, AA Cam/PALM is a production repair facility. Assuming that we all survive the bankruptcy intact, I believe that as CAM/PALM has shown the ability to make a profit, in a hypothetical scenario, Aviall would be the parts clearing house for repair items for those parts that are repaired. The other difference I see, would be that the parts needed might be delivered directly to the repair locations instead of going through AA's Stores system. If it turns out that Aviall can deliver parts and components in a repaired state, then warehousing and distribution might be in trouble.

Again we are just talking about CAM/PALM.

Yes, Parts only, not maint.

OK, back to basics here. Boeing owns Aviall, and that means Aviall is Boeing. Aviall will not make parts in our hangars, period. If they want parts made, they put in an order over at Spirit, or use another well established supplier .. The main idea is that Boeing may be running the parts division at AA, not making parts at AA in the Turbine Bldg. or converitng Hanger 2 into a parts manufacturing plant.

What does that mean for the Stock Clerks in the system when the CBA is tossed out by the Judge? Boeing could be managing our parts dept.
IMO.

My intention was to reply to olderguy and just re-posted his post. (Newbie).. My concern is if Aviall is providing parts/components to AA, CAM/PALM will not be and close the doors.. AA CAM/PALM providing parts/components to Aviall who sells them back to AA??

My intention was to reply to olderguy and just re-posted his post. (Newbie).. My concern is if Aviall is providing parts/components to AA, CAM/PALM will not be and close the doors.. AA CAM/PALM providing parts/components to Aviall who sells them back to AA??
If, and only if, I see a parts flow from Boeing through Aviall to AA. Remember Boeing owns Aviall.

Aviall has an extensive list of suppliers that can provide new and overhauled OEM parts as well as their own wheel and brake overhaul facility..I do believe that AA stores and warehousing personnel may be a target in some form but my concern is everyone who overhauls components at TULE.. As Buck pointed out component overhaul can be profitable for AA but Aviall taking over that capacity and paying those people less will be even more profitable as AA headcount shrinks..

Aviall handling AA logistics for parts only is a best case scenario for AA techs but not so much for stores and people in purchasing..That being said my biggest concern is AA/TWU and the court allowing AA to isolate TULE with no bumping rights.

I read this article in the Dallas Business journal and it looks like they are looking to expand....Why and for what is the question..

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/print-edition/2011/12/23/aviall-seeks-irving-office-space.html

Aviall has an extensive list of suppliers that can provide new and overhauled OEM parts as well as their own wheel and brake overhaul facility..I do believe that AA stores and warehousing personnel may be a target in some form but my concern is everyone who overhauls components at TULE.. As Buck pointed out component overhaul can be profitable for AA but Aviall taking over that capacity and paying those people less will be even more profitable as AA headcount shrinks..

Aviall handling AA logistics for parts only is a best case scenario for AA techs but not so much for stores and people in purchasing..That being said my biggest concern is AA/TWU and the court allowing AA to isolate TULE with no bumping rights.

I read this article in the Dallas Business journal and it looks like they are looking to expand....Why and for what is the question..

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/print-edition/2011/12/23/aviall-seeks-irving-office-space.html

Doing their own maintenance in-house gives the company control over the alternative. With the outsourcing of the 757's, we will have to see, not what is reported by those following the situation, but what the company does with those findings.

I do not know if Wheel and Brake is making a profit, but they are the worlds largest wheel and brake center processing over 24,000 wheels and 5,600 brakes per year. If the company decides to outsource, then they must feel that it would save them money. Then those personel could be fed to aircraft overhaul, including stores and warehousing. The question is whether labor cost is down to the dollar or productivity? As for logistics, again how much control does AA want to give up.

The court is a clearing house for whatever the company is able to achieve. It will be up to the union to come to some agreement with the company and to get the judge to sign off on it. I guess that is why the TWU wanted on the Creditors Committee.

The company locking down a certain station, OH or the line, I am sure is being discussed.

Some interesting job openings came out on 6th of Jan. internal careers section on Jetnet concerning supply...