B734 Flaps

Is that your way of saying you're full of bs? What facts are you talking about? The fact that backup systems are on the airplanes in case of a failure of a primary system? The fact that those backup systems are there to use if necessary because of failure of a primary system? The fact that there are no backup systems for some failures? The fact that you apparently eschew use of those backup systems even when warranted?

Keep flapping those lips - the warm breeze feels good on a cold evening... :lol:

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
Is that your way of saying you're full of bs? What facts are you talking about? The fact that backup systems are on the airplanes in case of a failure of a primary system? The fact that those backup systems are there to use if necessary because of failure of a primary system? The fact that there are no backup systems for some failures? The fact that you apparently eschew use of those backup systems even when warranted?

Keep flapping those lips - the warm breeze feels good on a cold evening... :lol:

Jim

Jim:

Trying to explain complex aircraft systems to the uninitiated is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It frustrates the pig, and it wastes your time. All that most laymen need to know is that the aircraft will tell the pilots when something is amiss, and the pilots will figure out a solution based on proven checklists that work 99.99% of the time. Everything that has been discussed about this issue is conjecture and speculation, and unless you were the PIC or a maintenance supervisor with access to the flight computer, there can be no correct answer to the OPs' original question. Flap and hydraulic problems occur more often than most paying passengers would like to know about, but they happen, and excellent problem solving skills, checklists, and good airmanship solve those problems without incident 99.99% of the time. I'm not a pilot, but I understand that procedures and training make these issues non-events when it comes to the safe operation of any aircraft.

You're right - procedures were followed and a safe outcome was achieved. What went wrong isn't really the question, at least until clubbie made it one.

Jim

He has no idea - just spring loaded to the "If a westie says it it can't be right and the westie is to be mocked" position. If clubbie has been around long, he's relied on backup systems and possibly not had a backup system to rely on.

Jim

Amazing how a simple question, asked by a passenger, and answered in the simplest terms possible turns into a $h!t throwning session. I don't get it. These guys had a flap failure and obviously did a good job landing the airplane safely.

What else is there?

Driver...

Reactions: 4 people
Amazing how a simple question, asked by a passenger, and answered in the simplest terms possible turns into a $h!t throwning session. I don't get it. These guys had a flap failure and obviously did a good job landing the airplane safely.

What else is there?

Driver...

Well said Driver, I concur. I was not only a passenger, but an employee who has been around for 39 years. I speak the jargon and appreciate your explanation.

What else is there?

Driver...

No topic is ever a good one without a good amount of EAST vs WEST drama....

:)

He has no idea - just spring loaded to the "If a westie says it it can't be right and the westie is to be mocked" position. If clubbie has been around long, he's relied on backup systems and possibly not had a backup system to rely on.

Jim
You guys did better than I thought you would. You went thirteen posts before turning it into an east vs. west thing! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people
You guys did better than I thought you would. You went thirteen posts before turning it into an east vs. west thing! :rolleyes:
Yes, it was the 14th post that started the downward spiral...or one could argue that it was the 12th. But you didn't quote either of those...

Jim