Rio Flt 800 fumes

The letter received from DAL regarding the incident down in BSB. It's amazing that not only does Herb get it, but now DAL does as well.
How long it will take for that kind of progressive, and radical thinking to come to US Airways?
Probably about the same time as a certain departure from PHX.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your e-mail complimenting one of our team members. On
behalf of everyone at Delta Air Lines, I appreciate the opportunity to
assist you.

We appreciate your kind comments regarding the service
received from our team member Gregory Paul. We truly believe our employees
are our most important assets, and I am so happy to learn that Mr. Paul
went above and beyond to assist to ensure the flight crew and passengers
of US flight 800 were safe.

Please know I will be sharing your comments with Mr. Paul and our
Airport Customer Service leadership team so appropriate recognition is
extended, on your behalf.

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful remarks. We will always welcome
the opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,

Mandisa Reid
Coordinator, Customer Care
Delta Air Lines

thx!

Corporate CRM as it should be.

Reactions: 1 person
Another good point is...why doesnt a union own a company ? Would make sense wouldnt it? I mean some union have owned a portion but dumped their shares as quick as they got them..... Why? Think about it! Dont let some of your feelings get hurt when you figure it all out :)

The letter received from DAL regarding the incident down in BSB. It's amazing that not only does Herb get it, but now DAL does as well.
How long it will take for that kind of progressive, and radical thinking to come to US Airways?
Probably about the same time as a certain departure from PHX.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your e-mail complimenting one of our team members. On
behalf of everyone at Delta Air Lines, I appreciate the opportunity to
assist you.

We appreciate your kind comments regarding the service
received from our team member Gregory Paul. We truly believe our employees
are our most important assets, and I am so happy to learn that Mr. Paul
went above and beyond to assist to ensure the flight crew and passengers
of US flight 800 were safe.

Please know I will be sharing your comments with Mr. Paul and our
Airport Customer Service leadership team so appropriate recognition is
extended, on your behalf.

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful remarks. We will always welcome
the opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,

Mandisa Reid
Coordinator, Customer Care
Delta Air Lines

Sad to say ontime performance is the most important thing here. It is nice to see how employees at other airlines are appreciated beyone their ability to provide a large bonus to management while the employees get the bone. (double entendre intertional).

Bob

Reactions: 2 people
Another good point is...why doesnt a union own a company ? Would make sense wouldnt it? I mean some union have owned a portion but dumped their shares as quick as they got them..... Why? Think about it! Dont let some of your feelings get hurt when you figure it all out :)
Tony,

Because management and labor should be separated, same as church and government.

Bob

Reactions: 1 person
From the FAA Database on ST Mobile Aerospace:

Personnel
Certificated Mechanics: 355
Repairmen: 60
Non-Certificated Mechanics: 921
Total Employees: 1336

Alarming there are over 500 more unlicensed mechanics working the planes than licensed!
Under the close watch of a highly qualified Certificated Technician...:(

Another good point is...why doesnt a union own a company ?

In Texas their was a Grocery chain in the mid 80's that went BK over a prolonged meat cutters strike. In BK the union bought the company re-branded it as Appletree and ran it. The meat workers walkout within a year over the same issues and the union was forced to sell the company or file BK themselves.
In the case above the union now had a fiduciary responsibility to be piratical and the meat cutters didn't like that.
But government has no such fiduciary requirement.
That is essentially what we have with government unions now and we can see when they run both sides they raid the piggy bank until it all collapses.

Sad to say ontime performance is the most important thing here. It is nice to see how employees at other airlines are appreciated beyone their ability to provide a large bonus to management while the employees get the bone. (double entendre intertional).

Bob
To be fair, DL along with PI had a culture that strongly valued employees for many years and then a few iterations of "modern management" at DL ditched all that stuff.
Ironically, it was Gerry Grinstein who was chairman of Western, was on DL's board for years, and who brought in the mgmt team that decimated DL in the early 2000s, that managed to rally DL's employees in BK - and fight off the US takeover attempt - and helped rebuild DL employee morale.
While many of the PMNW people say they still feel like outsiders, Grinstein showed that it is possible to resurrect some cultural characteristics even if they were long cast at the wayside.
We can only hope that someone will come along and reconnect w/ the culture that helped build some of US' predecessor companies.

Reactions: 2 people