BOD on flight

I understand that. It was just nice for someone to be supportive.

It's nice that you had a good experience Lcc. I think the managers and supervisors here are generally approachable. I had a non-revving f/a once from the east who was excited to see our breakroom in phoenix. She said that it was nice of our supervisors to decorate our briefing room with pink and red hearts (this was during valentines day) and seeing the nice letters that we get from passengers on display and the flight attendant of the month plaque etc. She also said how nice our breakrooms are.
She said the old US management never did anything like this to you guys. Well I hope this merger will be good for you guys and our management will start to recognize and support your goodwork. :)

Excellent LCC #1---service is going to win over folks--price also in this current market---however----just talked to a retired pilot---1.5yrs from the line---and the "NETJET" type companies and jet charters business is "EXPLODING". These companies are looking for "qualified" pilots--- and F/A's on certain equipment. Small C-501 pays 450$ a day not including expenses. Several reasons for this explosion or growth in charter type ops --long wait lines--convenience of flying small airports etc etc--but for my money the biggest is "service"---F/A's and good service in this current market are critical for returning business/word of mouth customers. Ive only had one ex-agent/F/A that would fit right in at Parris Island last couple months on trips. My .02$

LCC#1, people like you, no matter how bad it gets, will always be proud of what you do and you will make the most out of things and try to do the best you can for your customer base. We appreciate that. I am hopeful that changes will be coming to FC. I still think they need to work on customer service issues though.

I think it is sad that people on the west side think the east FA's are grumpy. I've encountered some grumpy FAs out west too. And, on the east side, they don't cheap out on how much vodka they give you for your drink like some of them do on the west--what you think you save in putting 1/2 the bottle of vodka in a drink is 1/2 of what you lose from an irritated customer.

LCC#1, people like you, no matter how bad it gets, will always be proud of what you do and you will make the most out of things and try to do the best you can for your customer base. We appreciate that. I am hopeful that changes will be coming to FC. I still think they need to work on customer service issues though.

I think it is sad that people on the west side think the east FA's are grumpy. I've encountered some grumpy FAs out west too. And, on the east side, they don't cheap out on how much vodka they give you for your drink like some of them do on the west--what you think you save in putting 1/2 the bottle of vodka in a drink is 1/2 of what you lose from an irritated customer.

Well, you and all the others always get 2 minis from me. That's the way it is now and that's the way it WILL be until I'm gone. ;)

Well, you and all the others always get 2 minis from me. That's the way it is now and that's the way it WILL be until I'm gone. ;)

Also, what's with the new "I am not allowed to serve FC passengers the whole can" rule? 2 different flights, 2 different crews and same line.

Ooopssss....maybe i'm not supposed to post that people on the East give away the ENTIRE CAN in FC....

LCC1,

I think I speak for the majority of the US1's I know, and especially for those of us at FFOCUS that it is your attitude, professionalism, friendliness and obvious love of the job which kept us loyal to this company despite the shortcomings of product for the past few years. You and your colleagues are the reason we have stayed, and you should be proud of that. Thank YOU for all you do, and especially for sharing the enlightening post. I wish I could reach Mr. Baum myself--I would share some more information with him.

I had a quick trip to LA this week, for the "Freddie" award ceremony, and it was sad to see that not only was no one from US attending, neither US or HP placed in the voting, with a couple of 4th place finishes for HP, and not even a mention for US. I did, however, have an enlightening chat with a Sr. VP at United.

My flight experiences were consistent with our friend LCC#1-outstanding service on all flights, and all the FA's got their cockroach pins, which they really seem to appreciate. On my outbound flight, the captain recognized me from this board, and we had a nice chat after the flight. On my last flight, CLT-LGA, the crew was exceptional despite a stressful situation (eqpt change from 321 to 734--a first for me), and one of the flight attendants recognized me from a previous flight and conversation.

So to you and your colleagues, please know that the US1's do appreciate all you do, and that you are a major reason this company is still here.

My best to you all.....

Latest posts