BREAKING NEWS: US Airways Election Dates Announced!

Sep 9, 2002
http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/CHOB_6_7_2013.pdf

NATIONAL MEDIATION BOARD WASHINGTON, D.C. 20572 (202) 692-5000
June 7, 2013
VIA EMAIL
E. Allen Hemenway Sito Pantoja, General Vice President
Vice President Labor Relations David Neigus, Associate General Counsel
Paul D. Jones International Association of Machinists
Vice President Legal Affairs & & Aerospace Workers
Chief Compliance Officer 9000 Machinists Way
Ron Harbinson Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Managing Director Labor Relations
US Airways Carmen Parcelli, Esq.
111 W. Rio Salado Parkway Guerrieri, Clayman, Bartos, Parcelli
Tempe, AZ 85281 1625 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Suite 700
David Bourne, Director Airline Division Washington, DC 20036
Nicholas Manicone, Esq.
Kim Keller, Organizer
International Brotherhood of Teamsters
25 Louisiana Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Re: NMB Case No. R-7362
US Airways/IBT/IAM
Participants:
The National Mediation Board (Board) has authorized an election in the above-referenced case. The election will be conducted by Telephone Electronic Voting and Internet Voting. The Notice and Sample Instructions will be sent out on July 1, 2013. The Voting Instructions will be mailed to the employees on July 8, 2013. The voting period will be from 12:01 a.m., ET, July 8, 2013, through August 12, 2013. The tally will take place at the Board’s offices on August 12, at 2 p.m., ET.
Participants should notify the Board whether they intend to renew preauthorization challenges and objections to the List of Eligible Voters (List) submitted on May 28, 2013; May 31, 2013; June 3, 2013; and June 4, 2013. The Board will consider these during the challenges and objections period. Any additional challenges to the List or objections with regard to any other matters must be filed by 4 p.m., ET, on June 17, 2013. Responses to challenges or objections, if any, must be filed by 4 p.m., ET, on June 24, 2013. All challenges and objections must be filed in writing with the Investigators. All submissions must comply with the simultaneous service requirements of the Board Representation Manual (Manual) Section 1.2. All challenges and objections must be supported by April 19, 2013 Page 2
substantive evidence and argument. Unsupported allegations will be insufficient to overcome presumptions of eligibility or ineligibility as reflected by the List of Potential Eligible Voters. In addition, if craft or class issues are involved, the objection must be supported by Board case citation. Absent extraordinary circumstances, the Board will not consider evidence on appeal unless it has been initially filed with the Investigators by the above deadline. See Manual Section 10.2.
If a challenge is filed which involves adding an individual to the List, the Carrier should immediately provide the individual’s data in spreadsheet format as well as a mailing label for that individual so that Voting Instructions may be sent in a timely fashion. The vote will only be counted if a final determination is made that the individual is eligible.
The Investigator will deny all challenges and objections not supported by substantive evidence and argument, not filed by deadline, or not simultaneously served on all participants.
Changes in eligibility status occurring after the deadline will be handled as status changes subject to Manual Section 12.3. Status changes will not be considered without supporting documentation including the effective date of the change. Status changes provided less than seven (7) calendar days before the scheduled count will not be considered, absent extraordinary circumstances.
Due to the security policy of the building where the NMB offices are located, participants must provide the names of each individual who will be attending the tally no later than two business days prior to the tally. Please email the names of the attendees to [email protected].
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Eileen M. Hennessey
Investigator
Angela I. Heverling
Investigator

IF i were a betting man id bet the iam would win vs the IBT but the real question is does the ibt have truly true cards or are they short?

At US they have the cards, the NMB has announced the dates for the election.

IF i were a betting man id bet the iam would win vs the IBT but the real question is does the ibt have truly true cards or are they short?
Hey robbed, they have already called for an election at US so apparently they do have enough cards. Are you maybe crossing them with AA?

During the AMFA campaign at AA, we had some informational meetings. Twice in attendance were a UAL AMT and CAL AMT, they both said the IBT sucks but they have impeccable organizers and that they should never be underestimated. Although sad that the AMT's dislike the representation, any organization with lots of money can campaign on lies and undeliverable promises. I believe that every AMT in this industry that values this profession, should assist the IAM against the IBT at USAirways.

During the AMFA campaign at AA, we had some informational meetings. Twice in attendance were a UAL AMT and CAL AMT, they both said the IBT sucks but they have impeccable organizers and that they should never be underestimated. Although sad that the AMT's dislike the representation, any organization with lots of money can campaign on lies and undeliverable promises. I believe that every AMT in this industry that values this profession, should assist the IAM against the IBT at USAirways.

TWU Informer

You have been a AMFA supporter forever, but unless my memory serves me wrong you yourself even signed a IBT card. Thus helping their cause.
I know you did it to bring a vote to the membership but it is still helped the IBT. You and all the card signers which did the same thing. Signing both preaching one thing and doing another NOT a Good thing.

I know you have done and said many things over the yrs to better our class and craft but, There are many there in Tulsa that were, as you were, totally involved in the past but sat back and were not fully engaged this time around.

Even Bob, who used to post all the time is now silent, attempting to setup the new line local. Which we all have said in many posts here will in the long run hurt the bargaining power of the line mechanics.

This was our chance to effect change here at AA, we here at AA have enough problems in our own house to try and wage a battle at USAir as well.

Reactions: 1 person
TWU Informer

You have been a AMFA supporter forever, but unless my memory serves me wrong you yourself even signed a IBT card. Thus helping their cause.
I know you did it to bring a vote to the membership but it is still helped the IBT. You and all the card signers which did the same thing. Signing both preaching one thing and doing another NOT a Good thing.

I know you have done and said many things over the yrs to better our class and craft but, There are many there in Tulsa that were, as you were, totally involved in the past but sat back and were not fully engaged this time around.

Even Bob, who used to post all the time is now silent, attempting to setup the new line local. Which we all have said in many posts here will in the long run hurt the bargaining power of the line mechanics.

This was our chance to effect change here at AA, we here at AA have enough problems in our own house to try and wage a battle at USAir as well.

Look at it this way, an object at rest tends to stay at rest, an object in motion tends to stay in motion. The TWU has stayed in place for nearly 70 years, get them out first and getting the next one out if they do not perform should be that much easier. No you dont want the IBT, would you rather keep the TWU? At least if you go with the IBT they will have something to prove and they know if they dont perform that there will be another AMFA drive. If the TWU dodges this bullett because the guys split the vote they will be even more arrogant and out of touch than they are now. Mechanics on the line will really be screwed. So if the IBT gets the green light to have a vote give them a year, if you dont like the job they are doing you can always start another drive.

You can still effect change, just not exactly what you want, so why not at least give the IBT a chance? What do you have to lose by giving the IBT a chance? There comes a time when pride has to be put away and logic must prevail. AMFA was out spent and out maneuvered, they can try again in a year but the more immediate question will be do we remain with the TWU or join with mechanics at United, Continental, possibly USAIR and UPS in the Teamsters? Would you rather that end up in the IBT or the TWU-IAM Association?

All a write in vote at this time would do is draw votes from the IBT and help leave the TWU in place. I think its in our best interests to move, any direction that takes us away from where we are is better.

TWU Informer

Funny how the Miss-Informer remains silent when the discussions difficult to sidestep.

No reply?????