Buddy Pass suspension

I just received a report on a buddy pass Rider who boarded the flight drunk and started verbal altercation with another passenger she was allowed to continue the flight.. as it turns she was alcoholic in recovery who told me she "had a slip-up at the airport" during a lengthy delay.. I've responded telling him that accepted full responsibility for her behavior and it was my lack of judgment allowing her to fly, although in my own defense I was I was unaware she was an alcoholic since we had never had any drinks together and I had not ever smell it on her breath.. I'm assuming they'll terminate my flight benefits.. I just recently took a VEOP..
well here's an update, company let me go with a stiff warning I agree with others, honesty best policy when dealing with these issues..

Reactions: swamt
I'd have been surprised if your own privileges were yanked, honestly. Usually the buddy passes are what get revoked unless it was you who engaged in the stupidity.

well here's an update, company let me go with a stiff warning I agree with others, honesty best policy when dealing with these issues..

Yes. They know it wasn't your fault, especially since she was drunk. I am real stingy on who I give my passes to for that exact reason.

Yes. They know it wasn't your fault, especially since she was drunk. I am sting on who I give my passes to for that exact reason.
In the AA I worked for, the fact that the offender was drunk is all the more reason for terminating your passes. (They tried their best to let the employee go, but in the long run, the responsibility is still with the employee who gave the passes. 10 or 20 years of experience with no problems issuing buddy passes or an exec job title on your office door helps immensely. LOL