building a wiining airline : fleet launch

phlagent

Nov 22, 2003
Building a Winning Airline: Fleet Launch

We know our airline operation has been less than satisfactory to our customers and employees these past months, but we know that we can turn it around to that of a winning airline – we’ve done it before. Improving the operation is a high priority and one way to do that is by focusing on our fleet launch. Some things are out of our control, like weather, but there is a lot that we can control. The first flights of the day invariably dictate our chances of staying on schedule throughout the day. All operating departments will be taking a hard look at those first flights to analyze the cause of delays and working with their team to help set our people up for success – so that we can get launch flights out on time. Eliminating those types of delays will go a long way in launching the fleet on time every day. Thanks for doing your part to help build a winning airline.
posted on just plane news...........

how can we get flights out on time with 1 agent working
a flt, and 1 supervisor per 5 gates at a major hub PHL.
fix the manpower issue and your flts would depart on time.
departments do not have to take a hard look at the problem
listen to your employees they work the floor everyday
tooooo many chiefs not enough indians...a no brainer
why does tempe make it so difficult :down:

Sounds like Tempe just reinvented the wheel - that ought to be reason enough for a bonus.....

Is it my aging memory or didn't "old" US have a focus on fleet launch for several years pre-merger. Seems like they published the numbers in US Daily and everything.

Jim

Sounds like Tempe just reinvented the wheel - that ought to be reason enough for a bonus.....

Is it my aging memory or didn't "old" US have a focus on fleet launch for several years pre-merger. Seems like they published the numbers in US Daily and everything.

Jim
Fleet launch has always been a priority. You are so right, they are focusing on things that we have been doing for decades!

Fleet launch has always been a priority. You are so right, they are focusing on things that we have been doing for decades!

Now now, give Tempe credit for finally recognizing some one else already thought of this.

Even if they didn't, at least give Mule' credit for a legit flashback.

Jim

You may recall that Fleet Launch was a huge initiative under the Gangwal Regime. In fact, individual station managers were taken to task over delays during morning conference calls with Rakeesh.

I think it worked.

I must go now. My goat needs to be fed.

Let me get a picture of this :shock:...Push the A/C ontime...leave the thousands of customers in line...because of manpower shortages, an ancient res system, who is going to be on the A/C? The flight crews...maybe....if they can get through the airport. This creates a perfect picture for the sandcastle.

Get the employees.....dump shares......someone please wake up...this airline is on a fast track to never-never land.

For those of you who come in every day....thank you...Have a good weekend....Thanks for listening..

jetman out...... B)

Back