Catering cuts effective 09/01/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
737823 said:
Looks like AA will indeed be moving closer to the US inflight service standards and cut FC meals from markets and replace them with snack basket. Disappointing to say the least, especially after being told the merger would leverage the best of both carriers (not that I ever believed it or supported the merger)
I pay to fly, unlike a few of those who've responded...

If it means I don't have to contend with a setup and all the crap that sits on my tray table, preventing me from being able to work, I'm all for it.

Setups aren't cheap. Tray table space is valuable.

Maybe the Bistro concept can come back for F?...

DL did the same when it merged in NW.  NW F generally had better meal times and meal options (notably hot vs. cold meals), but DL downgraded the service to DL standards after the merger.  (And before anyone says I'm wrong, I was a NW Platinum flying > 200K domestic miles/year when the changes occurred, so I'm extremely familiar with the changes that took place.)
and again, DL became THE MOST PROFITABLE airline in the history of aviation last year.

DL still has the highest yield among US carriers.

apparently all of that fancy carriers really doesn't matter.

or else DL's is a lot fancier than some people want to admit.

or perhaps people really want enough food to survive and then use the lie flat seats which the airlines have spent so much money on to wait, wait, sleep.

I'm simply taking my money to Virgin America after next year. It's been fun, but American is becoming just as bad as Delta and United - by far the worst U.S. airlines when it comes to service - and I'm done. I'll probably keep flying enough to make Gold, but that's only because Virgin America doesn't fly to MIA (and FLL is a dump). 

AA employees should be embarrassed by what US Airways is doing to them. AA used to set the standard for the U.S. airline industry as recently as last year. No airline came close.

until Virgin gets put out of business by the legacies who now can make a whole lot more money.

catering just doesn't matter in the scope of things and Virgin can't survive against carriers that are far stronger.

I will agree with E on your last statement to AA employees "this is the merger you asked for""

WorldTraveler said:
until Virgin gets put out of business by the legacies who now can make a whole lot more money.

catering just doesn't matter in the scope of things and Virgin can't survive against carriers that are far stronger.

I will agree with E on your last statement to AA employees "this is the merger you asked for""

It's not just the catering - this doesn't even affect me since I the shortest routes I fly outside of LAX-SFO/LAS are to DFW. It's the overall cuts in service to bring it down to Delta and United levels. No need to bother anymore. The frequent flier and elite benefits are still superior to everybody else, but I don't expect that to remain.

The airlines are shooting themselves in the foot, because it's reaching the point where loyalty perks don't actually matter, and people really will shop by product. And Delta/United/American don't offer anything close to the best product - domestic their product sucks compared to JetBlue, Southwest and Virgin America; and international only American Airlines has what can be considered a competitive product in the premium cabin to foreign airlines. 

eolesen said:
I pay to fly, unlike a few of those who've responded...If it means I don't have to contend with a setup and all the crap that sits on my tray table, preventing me from being able to work, I'm all for it.Setups aren't cheap. Tray table space is valuable.Maybe the Bistro concept can come back for F?...
We all have the option of declining the service E.

I am with you though, the time spent in a seat is very valuable to me in catching up on emails, reports, etc. without the office buzz.

That is unless I have the misfortune of being seated next to some "truth" teller numbnuts who wants to chat me up while clearly seeing I am engaged in work.

It's not just the catering - this doesn't even affect me since I the shortest routes I fly outside of LAX-SFO/LAS are to DFW. It's the overall cuts in service to bring it down to Delta and United levels. No need to bother anymore. The frequent flier and elite benefits are still superior to everybody else, but I don't expect that to remain.

The airlines are shooting themselves in the foot, because it's reaching the point where loyalty perks don't actually matter, and people really will shop by product. And Delta/United/American don't offer anything close to the best product - domestic their product sucks compared to JetBlue, Southwest and Virgin America; and international only American Airlines has what can be considered a competitive product in the premium cabin to foreign airlines.
and reaching that point was INEVITABLY going to happen....

but AA's high cost service HASN"T translated into the highest revenues. If it did Parker would have no trouble finding justification to keep it.

just keep in mind how badly the US government has been trying to help the low cost carriers.

let us know about the wine selection on them.

MAH said me flies mid-continent flights as a minimum.

many transcon flights operate (not just to/from JFK) use int'l configured aircraft with lie flat business class cabins.

MAH4546 said:
I'm simply taking my money to Virgin America after next year. It's been fun, but American is becoming just as bad as Delta and United - by far the worst U.S. airlines when it comes to service - and I'm done. I'll probably keep flying enough to make Gold, but that's only because Virgin America doesn't fly to MIA (and FLL is a dump). 

AA employees should be embarrassed by what US Airways is doing to them. AA used to set the standard for the U.S. airline industry as recently as last year. No airline came close.
+1000

Josh

737823 said:
Curious how many people that have posted here are actually paying AA FC customers? There are a good number of MIA flights that will be impacted-BWI, DCA, IAD, RDU, STL to name a few. Airline meals don't make or break the flying experience but this just confirms that Tempe crew is indeed degrading AA's historically superior first class service. I hope customer relations is going to get flooded with angry emails-this nonsense won't fly.

Josh
[SIZE=10.5pt]I would say anybody working for American Airlines is "paying". The company saw fit to cut pay and benefits to fund acquisitions but kept ticket prices the same or cheaper. The American Airlines worker has been "subsidizing" ticket sales for a long, long time.[/SIZE]

WorldTraveler said:
and again, DL became THE MOST PROFITABLE airline in the history of aviation last year.

DL still has the highest yield among US carriers.

apparently all of that fancy carriers really doesn't matter.

or else DL's is a lot fancier than some people want to admit.

or perhaps people really want enough food to survive and then use the lie flat seats which the airlines have spent so much money on to wait, wait, sleep.
Or else who care's about Delta on the AA board?

i dont give a rats about dl being the so called most profitable  of course i dont give a rats either about them having the highest yields  and no i do not give a rats about dl this dl that   screw dl   its gets down right flippin old seeing dl is this  dl is that  f..k it all on that 

737823 said:
Curious how many people that have posted here are actually paying AA FC customers?
Probably not a whole lot. That shouldn't surprise you at all. If it's fellow road warriors you want to chat with, get thee to FlyerTalk with a quickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back