CLT-FCO Non-stop?

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
According to this article in the Charlotte Observer, US will announce non-stop CLT-FCO service starting May 13, 2010.

Article

Jim

Well I guess that rumor is coming true. CLT is shaping up to be a good place to work. Finally we are getting variety. Time for the PHL folk to start their hating on CLT and we will fly those routes threads. Let their whining begin.

Good news for the CLT base. Hopefully more to come. I keep hearing MAD. With the A330-200's coming online its opening up more opportunities for US to modestly expand internationaly . Also heard CLT-DUB

Odd that they would start this as year-round service, and Paris still is only seasonal (though 8 months or so is a long seasonal).

I have no clue, but I was under the impression there were no CLT based crews for the 330-300...is this correct? If so, that seems likely to change given all of the CLT-Europe non-stops I think are now 333s.

Odd that they would start this as year-round service, and Paris still is only seasonal (though 8 months or so is a long seasonal).

I have no clue, but I was under the impression there were no CLT based crews for the 330-300...is this correct? If so, that seems likely to change given all of the CLT-Europe non-stops I think are now 333s.

CLT has had a 330 base for a while.

Good news for the CLT base. Hopefully more to come. I keep hearing MAD. With the A330-200's coming online its opening up more opportunities for US to modestly expand internationaly . Also heard CLT-DUB

I am glad for the reserves struggling to make ends meet on their guarantee. However, with the increase in international flying, I wish the company would implement the 12 hour shifts for reserves. Being quick-called at midnight after watching the computer all day is neither safe or humane. Horror stories abound in PHL-an entire crew quick-called-none of whom have ever flown the 330-and the company complains the service is inconsistent?! :huh:

Well I guess that rumor is coming true. CLT is shaping up to be a good place to work. Finally we are getting variety. Time for the PHL folk to start their hating on CLT and we will fly those routes threads. Let their whining begin.
What are you talking about? Nobody is whining. It isn't as if PHL is losing FCO, it is merely an expansion of service in the system. Why the negativity on your part? It is no wonder the company suffers with a certain percentage of employees with such bad attitudes.