CLT-FCO Non-stop?

I can't fathom all the animosity here against flight crews. Some of our LODO's go through customs/immigration 100 to 200 times a year, yet the general concensus seems to be: "Make 'em wait in line with everybody else." What's wrong with a little professional courtesy?

Would you guys have them get rid of the employee line at security and "make 'em wait" since crew members ,in effect, "muscle in" ahead of you there too? Would you be "overjoyed" to see crew members bounced to the back of that line, as well? What's the difference?

The vast majority of crew members extend every consideration and courtesy they can to our passengers. Yet, when passengers have a opportunity to return that courtesy, even in the smallest ways, it seems too much to ask. Oh well, I guess that is just the nature of the airline biz these days.
The LODO program is voluntary so they don't have to do it if they don't want to. If it's that bad then perhaps they should return to being a regular f/a.

To be completely honest, I've waited longer for the employee bus than I ever have at customs in any city I've had the joy of using FIS.

The Fco-Clt leg is listed as 10 hrs and 50 minutes.. i didn't think our A333's had those kind of legs.

FCO-PHL is blocked at 10 hr 10 min, not that much shorter

Already online this winter Rome is slashed to 4x weekly on 762. Cdg is also operating 4x weekly this winter on 762.

What do you mean this winter, CLT-FCO doesn't start until the summer. A quick search of flights shows the A333 on the route during the summer. Although each search I did the cheap coach and envoy seats are listed as sold out.

Before long, the lines to use the Global Entry kiosks will string out to the dozens, thus negating any benefit. Unless, of course, the customs people are actually proactive enough to install more machines as lines get longer. Oops....I made a joke. Customs people....proactive! LOL!

How many people do you suppose travel often enough and/or would pay $100? And keeping in mind that the interview requires a stop in an airport that has the kiosks.

Remember the INSPASS machines prior to 9/11? I was never worse than third in line. Ever. Global Entry won't be any different.

How many people do you suppose travel often enough and/or would pay $100? And keeping in mind that the interview requires a stop in an airport that has the kiosks.

Remember the INSPASS machines prior to 9/11? I was never worse than third in line. Ever. Global Entry won't be any different.

Every time I waltz past 3 or 4 international crews to use the kiosks, I am certain that I effectively recruited a few more Global Pass members.

The interview easily scheduled online lasts all of 20 minutes, and PHL now gives them. The location of the kiosks has nothing to do with it. PHL had the kiosks for months before they did interviews.

$100? That's one trip's duty-free Toblerone budget. LOL!

Already online this winter Rome is slashed to 4x weekly on 762. Cdg is also operating 4x weekly this winter on 762.

Sounds more manageable, like I said I was somewhat surprised to see them initially launch CLT-FCO as a year-round route; 4 wkly in the winter is not overkill and I'm glad that they still plan to leave PHL at daily in the winter instead of opting for a 4wkly FCO-CLT/4 wkly FCO-PHL routing. It's good that they are giving CLT-CDG a chance year-round, too.

As of now the winter schedule has 2 open A332s (freed up from CLT-CDG which turns to a B767, and the seasonal suspension of PHL-BCN), which could be used to fly CLT-GRU if US so chooses.

Is it true US dropped Stockholm completely? Not a seasonal flight out of PHL anymore?

Well, that would fit most of Tempe's abysmal timing.

As for those who object to any fast tracking of crews, I'm guessing they're the same people that can't understand a crew security line and therefore are hopeless. Suffice to say most countries recognize the benefit of swift passage for those actually working in the airport or any port for that matter. I imagine that any visitor to a company has to stop at the front desk before proceeding through the hallways, employees have clearance and badges etc.

Crew have been investigated pretty thoroughly. Due to other endeavors I have been investigated so often my closet is a subway station. Allowing a crew line on heavy days in customs with a dog nearby would catch any miscreant crew and passengers and expedite everybody else. Someone is Customs management in PHL has a thing for Parisian sausage, they get very het up about it. Of course the drug dog has to be around for the AMS flight.

PHL Immigration is pretty big now and does a good job at quickly clearing passengers through. Customs is less so. There's a lot of data pointing to avoidance of the US by foreigners due to the perceived hostility in entering the US. Disney is one company that has taken a real hit. The point is, people remember first impressions and CLT needs to do some work on theirs. The US needs to be secure AND efficient.

Customs should have as many dogs as personnel. They're friendlier and don't talk much.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/10.../page__st__1940 Aparrently the company has already challenged Us airways to start a flight. On the other they might could get SAS to start flight which would be even better.
Next we'll be be hearing projections that JAL is going to start CLT-NRT to support CLT's huge Japanese population. The day SAS lands in CLT - other than for a diversion, or US starts CLT-ARN, is the day US changes its name to PAN AM.