CLT LGW CLT Trip Report 9/28-30

It's true that Envoy is out of its league on transatlantic Premium service. BusinessFirst really puts it to shame.

I think they should market Envoy as "Economy Plus" or "BusinessCoach" or something signifying it's really between a Business Class and Coach product. If they charged an appropriate fare, instead of matching the fare on superior competition's product, they might be able to attract the "I just want a bigger seat" crowd.

I've been saying this for years and for coach as well.

OMG! Loves it. When are we going? London Calling!!!! I am on vacation the second week of November. I will have to cut Puerto Rico short. Lets go to England!

Shanny,

When do I have the pleasure of having you onboard one my flights? (Try going to Rome on Tue and come home on Thur...hehehe)

If you think this current Envoy is nice, you should have been riding up front back when Mr. Wolf ran a real first class carrier. Before the FAA got involved, our predepartures were served from a linen lined silver tray in real champange flutes. The whole service has been tainted with a certain southwestern desert casual american dining experience by the American West merger mania mangement who would probably call Chili's their favorite fine dining experience.

How was London? I haven't been there since I worked PIT-LGW. London is just wayyyy too junior for me out of PHL.

I have attached a picture of my old buddy bidder Lydia Budd (original Allegheny gal like me - she retired in 1998) doing predepartures one night out of PIT on our way to LGW on the 767. See what you missed!

Attachments

• LBUDD.jpg
    LBUDD.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 130
Shanny,

When do I have the pleasure of having you onboard one my flights? (Try going to Rome on Tue and come home on Thur...hehehe)

I know right! FYI 25 hours in London was plenty of time to cause trouble and get pics of everything.

Wow that red jacket looks bangin' with that tie tab.

I heard that it is possible to order uniform accessories and fly around the system. Since your fine airline won't hire a gnome like myself, would it be possible for me to borrow that outfit so that I can go through the crew line in Rome with you, saving me precious time to do whatever it is in Rome that the Romans do before I fly home the next day?

I can't believe you actually served glass, did you know that someone could actually break that and, like, poke something or make something bleed with it? So lucky nothing happened.. it'd be tragic to have a disaster when you rock the uniform out as famously as Gloria and The Girls.

Let's doooooooooooooooooooooooo it!

Oh - - Rowsey - - Chuckie's not dealing with his newfound fame well, he got recognized twice on the bus and once upstairs and a bajillion times downstairs. I told him to embrace his inner attention whore.

Shanny,

If you think this current Envoy is nice, you should have been riding up front back when Mr. Wolf ran a real first class carrier. Before the FAA got involved, our predepartures were served from a linen lined silver tray in real champange flutes. The whole service has been tainted with a certain southwestern desert casual american dining experience by the American West merger mania mangement who would probably call Chili's their favorite fine dining experience.

How was London? I haven't been there since I worked PIT-LGW. London is just wayyyy too junior for me out of PHL.

I have attached a picture of my old buddy bidder Lydia Budd (original Allegheny gal like me - she retired in 1998) doing predepartures one night out of PIT on our way to LGW on the 767. See what you missed!
:down: :down: This is not a pic of a USair 767, Its a restaurant- look at the cook/ceh in the backgorund. US never served champagne from Flutes- come on now. Pre Departure was in plastic on the 767. The pics looks like a wait staff girl from Eastern Europe. Pulleasse.....

:down: :down: This is not a pic of a USair 767, Its a restaurant-

I thought it was the 767 before the last reconfiguration of the galley. Are you sure it isnt?
:blink: :rolleyes:

PS- It isnt a restaurant either. The name tag looks like a RCCL tag and that would mean its a ship! Oh, USAirways cruises. Wouldnt that be a great trip? Kind of like EasyCruise, only worse? Yuck.

:down: :down: This is not a pic of a USair 767, Its a restaurant- look at the cook/ceh in the backgorund. US never served champagne from Flutes- come on now. Pre Departure was in plastic on the 767. The pics looks like a wait staff girl from Eastern Europe. Pulleasse.....

Oh please Miss National PamAnn, you were flying DC-9s to Akron when Lydia Budd and I were working the PIT-LGW or the PIT-FRA on the old 767 configuration. That was the lower-lobe business galley that had a real chef preparing the meals. Of course you wouldn't have known about our champagne flutes because you don't remember them from your DC-9 days. Puuuuhhhhhleaaaaasssse.

Bother way how is the 757 to Dublin on Friday/Saturday/Sunday?

Gloria, I remember that moment well. We were so proud. I think immediately after that photo was taken, she slipped on some chateaubriand, the glasses broke and she sliced her achilles tendon. Poor Lydia went out on medical leave until she ultimately retired. Her retirement party was a hoot--Boots did the macarena. I think that is how you, Debbie, and me started bidding together? And, isn't that when they said no more glassware, or was that after Doug Parker murdered the PIT hub and destroyed the proud airline the PIT gals built?