Status
Not open for further replies.

PayParity

Sep 15, 2007
November 1, 2007

US Airways Change of Control Update

To : All IAM Members Employed By US Airways

Dear Sisters and Brothers:

As you will recall the Change In Control arbitration case was presented to Arbitrator Bloch on September 13,2007, to be followed by written briefs by both the Company and the IAM after receipt of the written transcripts of the hearing.

The written transcripts have been received and the parties (Company and IAM) have until the second full week of November to submit their written briefs to Arbitrator Bloch. Upon receipt of the written briefs, Arbitrator Bloch will reconvene the members of the System Board for final review and comment.

A written opinion and decision from Arbitrator Bloch should be forthcoming thirty (30) to sixty (60) days upon recess of the System Board. The membership will be advised immediately upon receipt of the decision rendered by Arbitrator Bloch.

We will continue to update you as events allow and dictate.

In Solidarity, we remain,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
PDGC
District lodge 141 Tom Higginbotham
PDGC
District Lodge 142

Now if IAM wins its arbitration case and fleet service votes in IBEW and ALPA arbitration case was been determined and they vote in USAPA who and what how long will decide the arbitration awards.Man oh man this place is a mess and the union leadership better get there #### together

After reading through these briefs I hate to say it but Is the IAM reaching for the unicorn? Draging this out any longer is just more time wasted. Get back to the tables and get a transition for us. Four years without a raise and at the rate the IAM is going I'll be retired in 2019 at the same pay I have now.

INPORTANT YOU NEED TO READ

http://www.iamdl142.org/merger/index.htm

This is the new master thread for IAM/Fleet for the week. Please post all comments here regarding IAM, change of control, etc. The other threads have run their course, the new COC will be merged into this thread.

Thank you.

IAM DISTRICT OFFICER ELECTIONS

Nominations will be in February but I'd like to start building additional contacts in our network so that many IAM locals will be well organized to oust Randy Canale and his ticket. I contacted several of my IAM friends across the system, both US/UA/ and aloha, and I found it interesting that nobody liked Canale and his boys. Since we will be keeping the IAM, I find it obligatory to try to change the leadership. To this end, I will explore the possibility of putting together a district slate or possibly coordinating/assisting/campaigning for a ticket to rival Canale's.
I think this will be rather successful and I'm hopeful we can find candidates from the US East, US West, United, etc., to run for the 19 positions that are up for grabs this February.

Regarding US AIRWAYS. There are 4 AGC's up for vote, one VP, one Trustee position. I would like to have two workers from US AIRWAYS WEST, and 4 from US AIRWAYS EAST to fill these. I will also explore to see the interest of brothers and sisters in UA in the coming weeks to see if they are thinking similar thoughts about a ticket.

One thing is 100%, to pull this off, we must have most stations and their leadership solidly behind this.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or imput, please email me here

regards,

wonder how canale and his boys will take the news if they do (and hopefully this will succeed)
I think Canale's actions sealed his fate and everyone with him that is running. We'll tie this in with the United and Aloha workers and get this done. I'm pretty sure everyone is on the same page.

email the network and get your station involved in changin the leadership.

regards,

Tim-
Sorry, I haven't posted in a couple of days. I was still laying on the canvas, when
the count got to 7, I stood back up. Now, to move forward we need a slate. I think
this should be alittle easier to fullfill. There are many good leaders who made themselves
known recently both in the East and West
and alot of leaders who stood behind the
''wizards'' curtain til the coast was clear.
I agree with you that we can send a message to
the Canale's of the world, we no longer need you. They never understood it was they who
needed us. I'll have more to say later but I'm headed to the corner to rest for a minute.

Thanks

perv,
QUIT beating yourself up . You have the IAM to do that for you. We gave it our best shot . You can't fail or succeed in life

unless you try .. We did so be proud of that. Now to switch gears. the ONLY ticket I will support is a ticket that is FIRST and FOR MOST

for the membership. IF I so hear the word ME in any campaign. THERE GONE.. I'm tired of people making decisions on my behalf

that don't have MY interest and well being at heart..

side note: For our west IAM loyalist that want to make a change from within.. It's time to STEP to the PLATE and start swinging
and YOU better REALLY know who YOUR players are and WHAT they TRULY stand for.

GUYSThis was a setback but we must continue to move forward. We need to be able to pull as much of the positives from the card signing as possible. There has been a network of people established. We now have people in PHX<CLT<PHL<LAS<DCA<SAN<ORD<BUR and our Florida cities. We need even more contacts if we want to make a difference. That means if you have a buddy in a city that isn't mentioned please get the info to me or Tim. We must follow thru with showing the IAM we are not someone to be played with. We need to stand as one. I have contacted some of my peopel already and told them we must get a petition together and send it to the leadership for the IAM. That petition will state very clearly that we will not agree to another raise in dues till there is some action. They put all their eggs in one basket. The very fact that our brothers and sisters from USAirways west are still sitting with the TWU payscale is unaccecptable. The fact that they were bullied into the T/A is a prime example of how we must be the backbone to this organization. We must deliver a strong message and hitting them in their pockets is how we do it. THe sad thing is this is how we talk about handling the company. I am not someone that wants to see people that should be rewarded being thrown to the wolves only because they were not politically connected. A union is a servant of the people and it must remain that way. Why else do they exist if not for that very perpose?

Many thanks for all of the people that asked the hard questions and put the IAM on the defensive. If we gain one thing out of this is that we have finally come together and we have started a good phone contact list. This will allow us to communicate our issues and be able to come together and shut down the people who would trade on our backs.
I am very sorry that this didn't happen, because I think it would have opened things up for this group. I also understand that it is better to pull out now and not jeopardize the group. I am happy with the people I have met and I hope we can work together for change within the IAM. I think the people I have met and worked with are of the highest quality. Let’s take this time to be thankful for the things we still have and look toward better things in the future! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

WEBI
PJIRISH
PERSERVERANCE
TIM NELSON
COACH ROWSEY
PHLFORCE
CRUSHED
RAMP ROGUE
AND MANY MORE THANKS FOR YOU HARD WORK AND SUPPORT!

Labor Dawg,
No, thank you for your efforts. Although it did not pan out for us this time, like you said, good solid contacts were made. And now we have a fighting chance to make a change in the District 141 leadership. Can we put Johnny Doc on the ticket.... :lol: :lol: :lol: . Anyway Thank you to all who wanted to make a change for the better. Our job just got a little tougher. I think we can make it happen though. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Labor Dawg,
No, thank you for your efforts. Although it did not pan out for us this time, like you said, good solid contacts were made. And now we have a fighting chance to make a change in the District 141 leadership. Can we put Johnny Doc on the ticket.... :lol: :lol: :lol: . Anyway Thank you to all who wanted to make a change for the better. Our job just got a little tougher. I think we can make it happen though. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
PJ,
I have been in contact with my brothers from UA and Aloha. I know we would need a minimum of PIT, PHL, CLT, BOS, DCA, PHX, LAS all on the same page, along with UA/ALoha would need DEN, SFO, ORD, HNL are on the same page. We are making sure this happens. This means that even if there were some differences between whether or not someone wanted the IBEW, all differences must be put aside and everyone must work together to make this happen.

It appears the ticket will need one US EAST from CLT, one from PHL, one from PHX, one from LAS, and two additionals. To qualify for District officer one does not need to have attended local meetings, however, anyone that really wants what's best for the workers must have been involved in labor issues and must be a strong union person. This isn't a popularity contest and nobody is asking anyone to castrate themselves.

As this ticket moves forward, any suggestions to the US AIRWAYS IAM Fleet service "Change for justice" network can be exclusively emailed here

Remember, the IAM is staying but that doesn't mean Boss Canale and his eunichs have to stay as your representatives.

regards,

While I do agree we need a change in the leadership I also would like to see the IAM to get the west guys under our current contract. Than we can all work together for a new and better deal in a year. I for one dont see the company comming up with a new T/A before 2009.
As one who works in a West and East station we need to be able to get our work forces together and this needs to happen sooner rather than later. This would be a positive for many.

I missed the announcement and cannot find it on the board......what happened to the IBEW and (when) did they pull out? I saw that they had paused for a card count, but what transpired after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts