CO backs out of merger, UA/US deal still on?

This IS a mirror image of US!!!!!!!
No it is not. Maybe from a labor and management perspective. But not otherwise. US does not have the infrastructure, international presence, or lift capability to make up for low fares on domestic routes. Not for the long term. Not for a global economy. That is where teh primary difference lies. That is exactly why for years, so many US employees (not all, but many) clamor to merge with UA or even DL, and why UA and DL employees have always shunned such a move. What good is getting married if you end up in a dysfunctional, abusive, and poisonous relationship? Better off taking your chances alone.

I agree with 767jetz...The industry would still be profitable and continuing it's recovery from 911 but for the unsustainable rise in fuel. These are otherwise reasonably healthy companies that have been overwhelmed by something they've little control over.

Take a good look around. A couple years from now you won't recognize this industry. I figure about a quarter of us will be gone.

And you're right on about US. Still a collection of regional airlines. Not a major player.

What's the point?
Not picking on you BuffaloJoe, rather it raises a serious question for any potential aquirer - why buy US Airways whole?
That's another point, why merge with US as a whole? Maybe that is why East and West are still seperate. UA merge with East and AA with West.

I'm sorry, but you are way off here. First of all UA's load factors are full. This has nothing to do with load factors. No one is able to make domestic flying profitable with oil at $120 per barrel and ticket prices far below where they need to be, even with high load factors.
So it's just the darn $120 per barrel that's keeping UAL from being a powerhouse? Did we all miss your world beating performance prior to this development?

Adding a huge international fleet would be a huge benefit for US. Adding 9 A330's does nothing for UA.

Actually, you'd be "adding" the 32 A330 and A350 aircraft that LCC has on order as well. Not to mention the 60 A319, 320, and 321s on order. EMB195s are also in the pipeline. All of these should mesh nicely with the new aircraft UAL has ordered to replace its aging fleet. At this point, the UAL orders total exactly, uh, uh, zero. :lol:

UA has the tools and assets to go it alone and grow from within. What they need is good management, not more domestic feed.

Oh yes, we couldn't have done without your daily "analysis." Thanks so very much. Have you thought of perhaps changing your screen name to UAL767Pilot? :up:

It is widely reported that UA and US are in renewed talks about a possible MERGER. IMHO you must VOTE NO on this POS T/A. Stay informed and share the NO VOTE. :ph34r:

we have no control over this. 767jetz , can't wait to work with you. we will hear something very soon.

Okay, I am going to say this once and only ONCE!!!!

Non of us knows what is going to happen. Furthermore, we have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO control over it.

United people are already coming on here bashing and running around scared throwing insults. We dealt with this sh!t with AWA when the merger craze stated.

We made ALOT of mistakes (employees) like managment did. WE HAVE NO CONTROL!!!!!

AWA/US employees fought on here for months and sometimes still do. WE HAVE NO CONTROL!!!!!

We all know that f/a groups are AFA and WILL BE DOH..... Let's not even fight over it.

The pilots may revert back to ALPA......who knows.....Let's not fight about it.

Both of our airlines apparently suck..... One service wise (US) and one (UAL) financially..... WE KNOW THAT!!!!!

Rather than sit here and get our toes stepped on because someone said something that you don't agree with............Let's show these managment teams (especially US) That we are ready for you and we will NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING LIKE HOW OUR CURRENT MERGER IS GOING!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure I am not alone on this....

I for one cannot take another year or so with another merger of constant infighting!!!!!!!!

No it is not. Maybe from a labor and management perspective. But not otherwise. US does not have the infrastructure, international presence, or lift capability to make up for low fares on domestic routes. Not for the long term. Not for a global economy. That is where teh primary difference lies. That is exactly why for years, so many US employees (not all, but many) clamor to merge with UA or even DL, and why UA and DL employees have always shunned such a move. What good is getting married if you end up in a dysfunctional, abusive, and poisonous relationship? Better off taking your chances alone.

Give it a rest already.

Your chest beating insistent "promise" of a CO + UA hookup is not happening. If you weren't so worried about a merge with LCC, then why the constant negativity toward it? Trust me, there are PLENTY of employees here that want NO part of UA and it's collection of nasty cold employees as well. We are certainly NOT all "clamoring" for a merge with the Titanic of the industry. Poisonous? Absolutely. Primarily from the UA camp.

I'll agree with you on one thing, better to take our chances alone. As long as oil prices can reach their peak and start receding soon (which is being predicted by some analysts) our prospects look brighter than yours. So go ahead, Keep United, your United. We didn't need Delta and don't need United either.

I sure wish you would, but unfortunately, that may not be possible with the potential of USAirways buying United

I sure wish you would, but unfortunately, that may not be possible with the potential of USAirways buying United

If you are going to quote me......

I never said ANYTHING about infrastructure..... I was refering to moral and such