Mci,s Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreese

Sep 17, 2003
Tulsa
Visit site
We had a meeting today with our director, a question was asked about K.C he told us that at the end of the month there would be an anouncement. but he told us that you could pretty much bet on it that Tulsa would be getting MCI,s MD-80s and the 737. You can believe me or not Im just repeating what the man said. Oh by the way he said that MCI will keep the 767 only. Sorry about having to tell the bad news but the company dosnt seem to what to do it even though we all know they knew what they were going to do all along :angry:

;) Let's wait for the "Offical" word! We heard, from a source in Tulsa Management that the hangers at AFW were "History"! The engine shop, and the OSM work were staying!But I wouldn't put too much store in either rumor!!! It seems Tulsa's management will say anything their told to!! If you know what I mean!!!!!! :down:

They will not close AFW as that is where HDQ is and also they have to pay on the lease whether we are there or not and the lease at MCI runs out in December, what do you think is going to happen, we will all know soon.

50.8%

All I know is that first we would have decision in July.

Then it was late September.

Now it is the end of October.

Maybe if they wait long enough, those massive concessions will pay off, and someone will be spared.

OH MY GOD! I forgot about the massive "sacred cow" pension payments due over the next 18 months and beyond.

The question is, will Arpey make the tough decisions and pull us out of the nose dive? Or is he another sensitive type who doesn't want to hurt anybody's feelings?

I bet he comes out the tough guy real soon, and even more AA outsourcing of maintenance occurs!

"Nothing in this Article requires the maintenance of the present volume of work"

TWU - Iron Clad Scope Language

It is my understanding that a certain Director of Maintenance mentioned in a "Go Forward" meeting that 50% of AA's componet work is being outsourced as of now. Does anyone know what percentage the componet work makes of the total work?

Raptor said:
They will not close AFW as that is where HDQ is and also they have to pay on the lease whether we are there or not and the lease at MCI runs out in December, what do you think is going to happen, we will all know soon.

50.8%
RAp--- Don't get excited! I did say it was only rumor! But HQ or not, a third party buy out was mentioned! I agree! We'll just have to wait!

MCI transplant said:
RAp--- Don't get excited! I did say it was only rumor! But HQ or not, a third party buy out was mentioned! I agree! We'll just have to wait!
Rumor is that SWA wants to do more in house.

Maybe they mean to sell MCI. Maybe you guys in MCI will really luck out and SWA will buy out AA in MCI. You guys are already set up on the 737 right?

Then you will not only get a raise but you would be AMFA members too! For the first time in twenty years you will be working for a consistantly profitable company.

Or, would you rather stay AA/TWU?

You guys out there need to stop worrying so much.

One of the things about all this contracting out stuff is that the down side is often ignored. SWA is at the point where they have enough volume to make doing the work in house more cost effective than contracting out. Especially if they can pick up facilities and manpower with expertise easily. If a company has the volume of work to keep an overhaul line going but its cheaper to contract it out then the company is mismanaged. Thats one thing that SWA has not been accused of, they have a reputation as a well managed company.In house offers better cost and quality control. Contract workers, who tend to be lower paid, are usually less effecient and proficient. Savings in hourly wage rates are often not realized due to more down time for the aircraft which is much more expensive than hourly labor rates.

I agree with you MCI Transplant I would like to see all three bases stay open, and I say this knowing that if they did close MCI AMFA would be home free on the card count, I would very much like to see AMFA replace the TWU and as soon as possible, but not at the expense of the people at MCI, Good luck MCI Transplant.
:up:

If I'm not mistaken; MCI closing equals layoffs. Those on lay off status are still eligible to vote in an election. The only way they wouldn't vote would be if someone bought out MCI out right, work force and all.

Best of luck to any Brother Raccoons in MCI!

WOO,WOO...! (friendly Raccoon goodbye) :up:

Raptor said:
I agree with you MCI Transplant I would like to see all three bases stay open, and I say this knowing that if they did close MCI AMFA would be home free on the card count, I would very much like to see AMFA replace the TWU and as soon as possible, but not at the expense of the people at MCI, Good luck MCI Transplant.
:up:
:p Thanks Rap, but from what I'm seeing here lately, I don't think there will be a closer here soon!!! Just my opinon! But I haven't seen as many airplanes here in a long time! Every "BAY" is full, and many more outside waiting to get in! With one more heavy "C" check line opening soon, for the 737! And 737 mod's to expand also! We still have our 767, and 757's working! MD-80's still going strong, and word has it we'll be getting a line of "C" checks from STL! One also going to TULSA! But you never know!!!!We all got our "FREE" TWU t-shirts ! Some people were threating to make them reversable! TWU on one side, AMFA on the other!!!! :up:

Hey Ed..you a coon alright...hahahahahaha..way I sees it ..TWU local 530 gave ya a t-shirt..either take it or decline...or be the cheap puppy dog biatch you is and make more of it than is there..hahahaha

MCI Transplant does not speak for the majority here at ..<stby..looking at addy>...MCIE....he is just anudder follower of TA..king of concessions..as in concession stands...hahahahahahahaha

Drippy Quill said:
Hey Ed..you a coon alright...hahahahahaha..way I sees it ..TWU local 530 gave ya a t-shirt..either take it or decline...or be the cheap puppy dog biatch you is and make more of it than is there..hahahaha

MCI Transplant does not speak for the majority here at ..<stby..looking at addy>...MCIE....he is just anudder follower of TA..king of concessions..as in concession stands...hahahahahahahaha
;) I'm sorry! We don't speak that "Oky" up here! And I never claimed to talk for anyone but myself! And I agree, the man gave away the Candy Store and you'll never get it all back! But it really doesn't matter to me which Union is in takeing my dues! We have to live with this contract for the next five years no matter if it's TWU, or AMFA! By then 99% of us Grey Beards will be gone! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.