Crew chief seniority for mechanics after merge

swamt said:
The company will easily pit AA against US in order to get a contract moved forward.  In other words, what if the company favored the majority at AA but screwed the members at US?  Well guess what, it will pass.
I don't see that happening with an equal number of IAM and TWU on the nego committee. The company IAM and TWU will put out a contract that is beneficial for all of THEIR bottom lines!

Slopoke said:

So, what happens to the current AA folks that has age as their tie breakers?
Dont know, from how its written they will be reassigned based on SSN. These decisions did not include any input from any of us. Like 700 says, they decide and negotiate and we are told take it or leave it, its the IAM way of doing things I guess. 

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
If he wasnt a Crew Chief for 30 years then he doesnt have 30 years as a CC, he wasnt getting crew chief pay.

So if he hasnt worked in the classification as long then of course he would be junior.

So if you have 30 years as Utility then get a mechanics bid, should  you have 30 years mechanic time when you havent turned a wrench?
Same title group same seniority, so the answer would be Yes. If your Utility is part of the same title group as mechanics his seniority carries. 

WeAAsles said:
At $2.07 per hour if I was going to go all the way to the bottom in seniority by taking a CC position I wouldn't be interested ever. Just saying. Why would I want to sacrifice a good shift and weekends off when I can make even more money than that by doing one 4 hour early call per week?

And if it went the other way I could see a future where the CC would wind up having 5 years in the company with a crew of guys over 20 years. I,d of course do my job but I really honestly couldn't say that I'd be able to give much respect to a kid telling me what to do and think that I wouldn't be the only one feeling that way.
In maint its only $1.75, a no meal nets you just as much, thats why we ended up with a lot of Junior guys who became CC. I was a CC twenty years ago, gave that and also gave up Avionics because I had a better choice of shifts and days off as a reg A&P. Now I have enough seniority to go wherever I want so I became a CC again. The Junior guys get pissed because they keep seeing senior guys bid when good shifts open up. If it was as they want it now they never would have gotten the job, Senior guys would have stuck with it to go up the list. 

Bob Owens said:
Dont know, from how its written they will be reassigned based on SSN. These decisions did not include any input from any of us. Like 700 says, they decide and negotiate and we are told take it or leave it, its the IAM way of doing things I guess.
Thanks Bob, it's funny how the union doesn't know for sure, but the loud mouth know everything guy in the break room knows how it's going to work, and is willing to talk endlessly about it.

Recently the Supervisors at TUL have been asking the Crew Chiefs, under the guise of a Crew Chief review, "how long have you been a Crew Chief". I guess this could be the company trying to determine the new rules for Crew Chief selection, etc. to further guide the unions for contract language during negotiations. 

Reactions: 1 person
Wow.  Got mine monday and I was asked how long I have been a CC.  I also thought it was wierd that you used to get to see it and sign it now I guess you don't even get to see it anymore.

OldGuy@AA said:
By the way Buck where the heck have you been?  You take a sabbatical or something?
While I have been dealing with a rather serious medical issue since about 2005, a sabbatical was sorely needed. I had become disillusioned with ( again )  those who continue to support the TWU and their supporters. The medical issue is under control but not over and never will be. Due to our wonderful medical technology, I was able to continue my presence on the earth. My illness is not fatal, but I still feel that the TWU and now the IAM with the Association that is on the horizon is.

OldGuy@AA said:
Wow.  Got mine monday and I was asked how long I have been a CC.  I also thought it was wierd that you used to get to see it and sign it now I guess you don't even get to see it anymore.
Got mine today and was allowed to see it. Must be a local station or supervisor issue.  Same thing, asked how long a CC.  Went back to my original date from my first time CCing.

richardhead said:
Got mine today and was allowed to see it. Must be a local station or supervisor issue.  Same thing, asked how long a CC.  Went back to my original date from my first time CCing.
Mine was not interested in when I first got a CC bid they just wanted to know how long I have been in my present bid.   Strange.

Buck said:
While I have been dealing with a rather serious medical issue since about 2005, a sabbatical was sorely needed. I had become disillusioned with ( again )  those who continue to support the TWU and their supporters. The medical issue is under control but not over and never will be. Due to our wonderful medical technology, I was able to continue my presence on the earth. My illness is not fatal, but I still feel that the TWU and now the IAM with the Association that is on the horizon is.
Buck the most important thing is you are still with us.  I am disappointed and frustrated too but I am trying to tell myself that I can only control my own little part of the world and not the whole thing.  If I could things would be different. (No designated hitter for example) It is good to keep the ideas going back and forth and even fun to debate the issues but we can't really take it home with us and dwell on it.  I think I can guess the medical condition you are talking about as a very good friend of mine (Also at AA) suffers from something similar that his doctor said was a result of his exposure at AA but could never be proven.  Just remember that the important thing is HOW you run the race and also that you finish it.  My prayers to you my friend.  Glad to see you back posting again.

OldGuy@AA said:
Buck the most important thing is you are still with us.  I am disappointed and frustrated too but I am trying to tell myself that I can only control my own little part of the world and not the whole thing.  If I could things would be different. (No designated hitter for example) It is good to keep the ideas going back and forth and even fun to debate the issues but we can't really take it home with us and dwell on it.  I think I can guess the medical condition you are talking about as a very good friend of mine (Also at AA) suffers from something similar that his doctor said was a result of his exposure at AA but could never be proven.  Just remember that the important thing is HOW you run the race and also that you finish it.  My prayers to you my friend.  Glad to see you back posting again.
Thank you