Awa, Us Air Chiefs Propose

There was no threat, UAL filed a Section 1113 C abrogation motion, the parties under law had to negotiated and a hearing was also held the judge will rule May 31st.

Same exact thing happened at US, remember?

AMFA reached a T/A and the IAM DL 141 is still negotiating.

700UW said:
There was no threat, UAL filed a Section 1113 C abrogation motion, the parties under law had to negotiated and a hearing was also held the judge will rule May 31st.

Same exact thing happened at US, remember?

AMFA reached a T/A and the IAM DL 141 is still negotiating.
[post="272816"][/post]​
and so like the man said....11th hour theatrics may come to pass...

The company cannot file a motion and the judge rule on it instantly without letting the unions present their case, unlike the PIT leases in the first chapter 11 filing.

700UW said:
The company cannot file a motion and the judge rule on it instantly without letting the unions present their case, unlike the PIT leases in the first chapter 11 filing.
[post="272819"][/post]​
didn't matter last time,won't next time either.

i don't trust this crew at all.......davey showed his cards at the final moment.....
know what the best punch is??
one that is felt before it is seen.....

roach........................................... glass

Am I missing something. I thought there were invetseres backing this merger. Since when did HP buy US and I thought they said they were not using any of their money for this deal. If this is the case HP did not buy US and as far as the HP employees should treated better as some think with the seniority is bullSh#$. So what US is having trouble. I keep hearing US would go under if this merger wasn't on the table. Give it a break I've heard this same crock for what 5 years and we are still alive, on life support, but alive. If the merger was not on the table it would be the bankruptcy court and creditors job to get us new leaders and board of directors or either shut the place down. the place could be fixed with the right leadership combination running things. The problem is everyone is looking for the sell or merger rather than really getting down to business running the airline. Just my 2 cents. <_<

You better wake up to the fact that the investors are backing AmericaWest in this buy out.. They are not backing US Airways at all. Keep that in mind. Why do you think the leadership of AmericaWest is being put into place in the merged company? Why do you think the Headquarters are being moved to Tempe?

The situation is dire at US Airways.. Its an industry fact not fiction. There is no money left and no one will give US Airways anything.. The last best hope is for this merger.. Otherwise liquidation will occur.. Pieces will be sold off and the rest will be idled. Thats the reality.

AmericaWest Employees have every right to be concerned.. Senioirty integration will put the vast majority of them at the bottom.. Why is that fair? Explain it to us.

US Airways is the one dying.. AmericaWest for the most part has its house in order. A big fat Staple to the bottom.. Thats what US Airways people should hope for an expect.. The alternative is the big fat Pink Slip.

uairhv said:
Am I missing something. I thought there were invetseres backing this merger. Since when did HP buy US and I thought they said they were not using any of their money for this deal. If this is the case HP did not buy US and as far as the HP employees should treated better as some think with the seniority is bullSh#$. So what US is having trouble. I keep hearing US would go under if this merger wasn't on the table. Give it a break I've heard this same crock for what 5 years and we are still alive, on life support, but alive. If the merger was not on the table it would be the bankruptcy court and creditors job to get us new leaders and board of directors or either shut the place down. the place could be fixed with the right leadership combination running things. The problem is everyone is looking for the sell or merger rather than really getting down to business running the airline. Just my 2 cents. <_<
[post="273129"][/post]​

So staple us Richard Nogin! Are the AW pilots, mechanics and F/As going to move to PHL to fly to Orlando, or work on the PHL ramp? How about commuting to DCA and fly up and down the east coast? I could just see an AW Capt. flying 14 hours a day up and down the East Coast in crap weather with a pi$$ed off F/O, who just was stapled to the bottom of the list...that would have to be a joy. It is not going to happen, you are just here to stir the pot.

“You better wake up to the fact that the investors are backing AmericaWest in this buy out.. They are not backing US Airways at all. Keep that in mind. Why do you think the leadership of AmericaWest is being put into place in the merged company? Why do you think the Headquarters are being moved to Tempe? “

Investors are also behind U.
Leadership @ HP has legality to enter BK once more, not U. There is a huge reason

“The situation is dire at US Airways.. Its an industry fact not fiction. There is no money left and no one will give US Airways anything.. The last best hope is for this merger.. Otherwise liquidation will occur.. Pieces will be sold off and the rest will be idled. Thats the reality. â€￾

You can count on death and taxes, rest your speculation.“

AmericaWest Employees have every right to be concerned.. Senioirty integration will put the vast majority of them at the bottom.. Why is that fair? Explain it to us. â€￾

Most here seem to seek fairness, your comment below indicates rudeness. When you worked for U did you chip in any $ for all previous mergers? Did u mgt consult you first and console your seniority concerns? Business is dog eat dog and innocent folk get hurt, just randomly ask u folks and you will hear endless injustice. Do you now work for HP?“

US Airways is the one dying.. AmericaWest for the most part has its house in order. A big fat Staple to the bottom.. Thats what US Airways people should hope for an expect.. The alternative is the big fat Pink Slip.â€￾

trvlr64 said:
Could someone educate me ( no flames please, I'd really like to know), why is the merging of 2 businesses that have unions so important? I'm in the medical profession and for my 22 years I've never been involved with a union. When my hospital started acquiring the other hospitals in my city the employees at those other hospitals didn't start worrying or complaining about senority. Everyone did their job and some moved around the hospital system if they wanted to work in another hospital closer to home.

Are unions really protecting your jobs these days? Again, educate me don't become Johnny Torch and FLAME ON!!

lol
[post="272344"][/post]​

It is a big deal.

What if you were an experienced surgeon and because of the hospital acquisition you were now told you would be an intern working 3 day shifts instead playing golf on Wednesdays. Or an intensive care nurse told she would be working nightshift cleaning bedpans.

Senority is all you got for quality of life and income. Junior equal less money and crummy schedules. Pilots for example can't walk away and get a equal job at another airline. If you are are the chief pilot and quit to go to another airline you start at bottom. Previous experience means nothing.

As far as the AFA is concerned, the f/a's WILL be merged date of hire....PERIOD! It is in the bylaws, all which were signed off by the perspective local airline counsels. So...no matter what anyone says, the DOH will be the merging method. ;)

Stapling the USAirways employees to the bottom isn't going to happen. Respectfully...it wasn't the employees at USAir / PSA / Piedmont who failed...it was inept senior management. USAirways has great employees, just lousy managers and management.

Remember WN and the ATA fiasco...HP needs US as much as US needs HP.

It's a two way street..........................

Just make sure Parker doesn't bring Crellin on board...or its over folks.

AGAIN.... I have to ask the DOH question. If the HP f/a's agreed to DOH in their contract that was last ratified, why do they "all of the sudden" think that it's not ok? This was negotiated on BOTH sides and is clearly written in the AFA bi-laws. I guess if the airline merging with HP were hmmm say JetBlue then it would not be an issue due to junior seniority? It is neither union group that has asked for a merger. It is the industry that has dictated it is necessary. Both need each other and cannot remain a stand alone carrier. To say they don't is just pure denial. I work for US as an 8 year f/a. I am not looking to hurt anyone nor put anyone on the street nor do I want to be on the street. We agreed on DOH and merger protection in our contract. What's fair is fair. HP does not want their seniority affected, likewise for US. Seniority is everything in our profession. Both being AFA and both having these provisions CLEARLY written beforehand should mean SOMETHING. If this results in furlough it will some from both carriers. We at US are not all 30 some year seniority belieeeeve me. The more senior ones "who I will miss a great deal of" are leaving so quickly around here that you would think someone was spraying Seniority Spray. They are dropping off the list that quickly.