Cwa/ibt Merger

hp-csr-phx

Senior
Feb 5, 2004
PHX
Visit site
I received my ballot in the mail, and am not sure how to vote. What are everybody’s thoughts? I know US employees make a lot more per hour, but we do have better vacation and holiday pay. Of course we do not have a contract yet at HP.

hp-csr-phx said:
I received my ballot in the mail, and am not sur how to vote. What is everybodys thoughts? I know US employees make a lot more per hour, but we do have better vacation and holiday pay. Of course we do not have a contract yet at HP.
[post="306707"][/post]​

The question you should ask yourself should be "What is more important? Vacations or feeding my family?"

barbeetantrums said:
The question you should ask yourself should be "What is more important? Vacations or feeding my family?"
[post="306710"][/post]​

That is what I am thinking. The extra dollars more than make up for the lost holidays.

LUV2FLYHIGH said:
That's what I'm thinking... A Holiday is a just another day and if your waiting on a Holiday to be with your family, then Your missing out BIG time!! I'll take the money THANK YOU!!
[post="306720"][/post]​

I'm having the same thoughts on the TWU-IAM debacle. With IAM, I will make SO much more on the pay scale. With TWU, I'm starving unless I constantly work overtime and other people's shifts. With IAM, many people at field stations will lose their jobs to rent-a-rampers. With IAM, I will lose my three weeks vacation. Truth is: I need more money. I need to buy a house. Just a small quaint house would be nice. I need a car with less miles. I need to pay my student loans. You get the picture.

coachrowsey said:
This has probably been answered before, just curious how much pay you folks make now if you are topped out ?
[post="306732"][/post]​

There is a top-out for CSRs but it is unachievable. It is all merit-based and supervisors keep the performance ratings low. They must or THEIR performance rating will be low. Highest pay I have seen is in the 9's.

I really don't see how you folks can make due. I'm sure cost of living is high out there. We use to make almost $22.00. At that time I would not work 1 min past 40 hours. Now that we don't make money I have to work 6 or 7 days a week to make ends meet. Guess I should've worked when we made money.

coachrowsey said:
I really don't see how you folks can make due. I'm sure cost of living is high out there. We use to make almost $22.00. At that time I would not work 1 min past 40 hours. Now that we don't make money I have to work 6 or 7 days a week to make ends meet. Guess I should've worked when we made money.
[post="306745"][/post]​

Work all the time or have a spouse who is the breadwinner. Some guys are retired military or have pensions. Some made it rich with another business and want the flight benefits. Work until you are exhausted and sick. That's what I do. To be honest, I will need to look elsewhere if something doesn't happen soon. I would LOVE to just work my 40 hours and go home and play with the dogs. Can you pick up or drop days at US? Or should I now say "in your union"? :unsure:

barbeetantrums said:
Work all the time or have a spouse who is the breadwinner. Some guys are retired military or have pensions. Some made it rich with another business and want the flight benefits. Work until you are exhausted and sick. That's what I do. To be honest, I will need to look elsewhere if something doesn't happen soon. I would LOVE to just work my 40 hours and go home and play with the dogs. Can you pick up or drop days at US? Or should I now say "in your union"? :unsure:
[post="306750"][/post]​

The answer to your question is yes you can. You are paid if you work unpaid if you dont.

Latest posts

Back