Cwa/ibt Merger

Once again, if there is any way possible, I believe it is in the best interest for all to have ONE union, and ONE classification for both fleet and CS. Nothing but possitive can come from it.

REACC1 said:
Once again, if there is any way possible, I believe it is in the best interest for all to have ONE union, and ONE classification for both fleet and CS. Nothing but possitive can come from it.
[post="307464"][/post]​
CLT, PHL, PIT---how do you guys feel about the proposal for a new "association" between IBT/CWA?

I HEARD THAT IF WE VOTE NO.... AND DOWN THE ROAD - NO ONE UNION CAN CARRY THE UNION VOTE PERCENTAGE MORE THAN 50 PERCENT THEN WE ARE WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, DOES ANYONE KNOW IS THIS CORRECT? WHICH AT THIS POINT WOULD NOT BE A SAFE OPTION.

Yes that is correct, if there is an election between the IBT and CWA and one union does not get 50%+1 of the eligble voters then you will be non-union.

Dont be so sure of that, remember all the furloughees count towards the eligible voters.

Res said:
I HEARD THAT IF WE VOTE NO.... AND DOWN THE ROAD - NO ONE UNION CAN CARRY THE UNION VOTE PERCENTAGE MORE THAN 50 PERCENT THEN WE ARE WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, DOES ANYONE KNOW IS THIS CORRECT? WHICH AT THIS POINT WOULD NOT BE A SAFE OPTION.
[post="307615"][/post]​
I was on the conference call and this was asked...they said that quite possible that CWA could be investigated if enough say no...because obviously there is a reason US employee's are voting no...yes they are saying that we could be without representation and back to square one...but they have not even tried to go out to the large US hubs to see how they feel--or have they? The conference call in my opinion was not informative enough to vote yes and there was a definite push-without all the facts- to encourage everyone to vote yes. :down: There has been a definite lack of information in the past few months and now all of sudden this is supposed to be our "best way to go"....give me some more info before I vote yes....

Usually with a Union election, if two or more unions are being voted on and at least 50% plus 1 vote to join any union, then the union with the most votes is elected.

hp-csr-phx said:
Usually with a Union election, if two or more unions are being voted on and at least 50% plus 1 vote to join any union, then the union with the most votes is elected.
[post="307661"][/post]​
we are not voting on one or the other---the ballot is for one big association...east of the mississippi represented by cwa and west by the IBT...that is what the vote is for currently!

Back