CWA vote by station?

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Has anyone been able to obtain results by station for the representation election? Curious to see the numbers my suspicion is the bulk of the votes were from the SERO, LGA, ORD and USAIR hubs.

Josh

Who cares who you ask.

The NMB doesn't release who voted and how they voted.

Don't let the facts get in your way

Your feeble attempt at name dropping doesn't impress anyone.

Reactions: 2 people
Does it really matter how its voted it passed by a landslide bec they saw fit the need to have a say something dl folks dont have

Almost all the support for CWA prior to the merger came from the SRO, MIA, DFW, and ORD, yet they couldn't get the cards for a vote.

Add that together with the US folks, and there was enough critical mass to push it over the line.

Out of 11,187 total votes cast (13,962 eligible), a resounding 9,640 (86%) voted in favor of representation.

john john said:
Out of 11,187 total votes cast (13,962 eligible), a resounding 9,640 (86%) voted in favor of representation.

Which by definition means not one city or station could have swung the vote

I don't really care how the rules were changed in 2010 -- the fact is that only 69% voted for representation. Not 86%.

Regardless of NMB rules, the CWA will need to deal with the fact that 30% of their members at AA didn't want them there.

jcw said:
Which by definition means not one city or station could have swung the vote
Not entirely true under the old rules, which is why the unions wanted it changed.

At 100% voting, and assuming every non-vote was a no, the margin slims down to only ~2700 votes. One station couldn't swing that, but two certainly could.

Regardless, it's settled until the CWA fails to perform, and they need to remember it only take each of those No or non-voters to convince just one of their friends who did vote yes to decertify.

With those percentages, the TWU would have been decertified years ago.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
I don't really care how the rules were changed in 2010 -- the fact is that only 69% voted for representation. Not 86%.

Regardless of NMB rules, the CWA will need to deal with the fact that 30% of their members at AA didn't want them there.
so the 30% voted NO

eolesen said:

That's not entirely accurate- the only ones you know for a fact didn't want the union there is the 14% who voted no. I'm sure there were some yes voters and no voters in the group that didn't vote, but I would say the majority of them don't care one way or the other - it wasn't important enough to them to take a few minutes to vote.

I'll grant you that there may have been some "I don't care" non-voters, but the fact remains they weren't interested enough in being represented to vote. I don't know that they'll be as passive if CWA isn't actually delivering.