Delta To Adjust Fleet Soon After NW Merger

Maybe nothing offical has been announced but an company email was sent to all ATL commuters inviting them to a dinner in Atlanta hosted by Joanne Smith and Julie Showers

More than likely that was a part of the "meet and greet" sessions being held to acquaint each others groups?

kev3188,
or maybe simply implied a new base opening....seriously though some theme parties can be very interesting, I remember a housewarming welcome party a friend had for a couple who newly moved into the neighborhood. She actually made cookies and decorated them to look like all the houses on the block, with colored icing and all and put them all in a basket with a note that said 'welcome to the neighborhood' I thought that was nice, ..I also remember at a holiday party someone had made a log cabin house(sorta like a gingerbread house) completely out of pretzel sticks, pretzel nuggets and peanut butter, and used peanuts halves for the tiles on top of the roof!(I thought that was great)..

TO:Atlanta Area NWA Flight Attendants
DATE:September 22, 2008
RE: Invitation to Dinner with Julie Showers & Joanne Smith

The first 12 Northwest Flight Attendants to RSVP are invited to attend an informal dinner with Julie Showers and Delta’s Joanne Smith on Thursday, September 25 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The hotel is located at 265 Peachtree Center Avenue in Atlanta. Dinner will be at the Searrestaurant located on the hotel’s second level. Valet parking is available – bring in your parking ticket for validation. Invitation will be first come first served for the 12 slots. RSVP to [email protected]. For more information, please contact xxxxx If you are among the first 12 to respond, you will be notified.

This will be a great opportunity to chat with Julie and Joanne about any topics that are on your mind. We look forward to seeing you there!

kev3188,
some theme parties can be very interesting

So can "key parties," but here we are.

I doubt this one will be very interesting per se, unless you like sitting in an echo chamber. I can see the quotes now:

(In a Stepford Wife voice) "This merger is really of marriage of our respective strengths." "I'm excited about all the new/different flying opportunities this will afford," etc.

The first 12 Northwest Flight Attendants to RSVP

I wonder if Danny Campbell has his hat in the ring? What about you, NxNW?

This will be a great opportunity to chat with Julie and Joanne about any topics that are on your mind. We look forward to seeing you there!

Translation: "This will be fun, as long as you don't ask any hard questions. The voice of dissent will have no place at our tea party. Please check any genuine concerns or comments you may have with the valet."

So can "key parties," but here we are.

I wonder if Danny Campbell has his hat in the ring? What about you, NxNW?

Translation: "This will be fun, as long as you don't ask any hard questions. The voice of dissent will have no place at our tea party. Please check any genuine concerns or comments you may have with the valet."

They'll NEVER get the chance to poison me and blame it on the Bistro! :lol:

Besides...I've been eating Bread and water for the last 4 years. My stomach couldn't handle real food that cost over $.99

The fine print says "No NW trouble makers expecting to be treated like adults in world's the richest country need respond"

at the restaurant, when they brought out the corn on the cob at dinner, what they did not realize was strategical removed kernels from the corn and a hidden coded message was revealed, when all the corn on the cobs were aligned on the table. Looked sorta like this..

[::::w:e::::] [:::a:::r::::e::] [:::eek:pe::n:ing::] [:h:eek:::t::la:n:ta] [::a:::s::::] [::a:::ba:se::]

TO:Atlanta Area NWA Flight Attendants
DATE:September 22, 2008
RE: Invitation to Dinner with Julie Showers & Joanne Smith

The first 12 Northwest Flight Attendants to RSVP are invited to attend an informal dinner with Julie Showers and Delta’s Joanne Smith on Thursday, September 25 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The hotel is located at 265 Peachtree Center Avenue in Atlanta. Dinner will be at the Searrestaurant located on the hotel’s second level. Valet parking is available – bring in your parking ticket for validation. Invitation will be first come first served for the 12 slots. RSVP to [email protected]. For more information, please contact xxxxx If you are among the first 12 to respond, you will be notified.

:eek: :eek: OHHH be very careful do NOT, I repeat DO NOT drink any kool-aid or left over Pawberry Punch! You'll be a sucked into Joanne Smiths cult.

is that the reason for only a dozen invites?

yep..out of 7,800!

And those should be warned...DO NOT leave your drink unattended while going to the rest room!

Moveover, IF you should start to see little "Direct Relationship" signs (with happy faces) floating around in your eyes, or while you are dreaming..proceed immediately to the ER and have your stomach pumped!

Confirmed in a letter from Joanne Smith (10/06),
they WILL, shortly after APPROVAL, and before Single operating
certificate, will re-arrange A/C and to expect different pairings.
Mentioned 747 in ATL. "Pilots and F/A will continue to fly with their respected pre-merger A/C".

more than likely it is a flight that will be added to compliment as a *additional* Asia departure because that is the flying established at this time(..if.. they are adding a 747 at a hub it is probably initially being used going to Japan) I would imagine.. when the merger is complete(operating under one certificate..allowing the Flight Attendants more options regarding flying as they will be 747 qualified at that time) all aircraft on routes will be utilized to where its needed and business as usual..just an opinion.

yep..out of 7,800!

And those should be warned...DO NOT leave your drink unattended while going to the rest room!

Moveover, IF you should start to see little "Direct Relationship" signs (with happy faces) floating around in your eyes, or while you are dreaming..proceed immediately to the ER and have your stomach pumped!

Things will be pretty screwed up for F/A's and Pilots for the next year.....
Many 6 day and more trips. I can see :
DTW-NRT-ATL-NRT-DTW for NW f/a's and
something like ATL-AMS-DTW-AMS-ATL for DL F/A's among many other
rotations..