Did I miss something?

Ima B. Yotch

Dec 28, 2007
I know a while back I posted to wear their uniforms anyway but I noticed a large number of the agents in Charlotte wearing pieces or the full new uniform as I was waiting for the weather to clear up Sat.

I looked all weekend and no one in PHX or PHL, but back in CLT, there they were, little rebels(?)

Has anyone heard any cities being rolled out? IMHO, it looked better than the worn out crap they usually have and much better than these "uniforms" the new hires are putting together.

If CLT is rolling them out, can we get word on FA rollout sometime soon??
And if they aren't, kudos, that took bawlz. Apparently management doesn't care. I vote let them wear the damn things anyway - - no offense but the agents are starting to look more beat up than the crews.

C u In The Sky!!!!

If CLT is rolling them out, can we get word on FA rollout sometime soon??
And if they aren't, kudos, that took bawlz. Apparently management doesn't care. I vote let them wear the damn things anyway - - no offense but the agents are starting to look more beat up than the crews.

C u In The Sky!!!!

i have no idea about FA rollout but in CLT we are told NOT to wear the new uniform, some people have just been doing it because they no longer want to go to work with holes in their sweaters and slacks.

Non compliance is non compliance whether it is the new uniform or something we were advised to buy at Walmart in the meantime

I'll admit to wearing the skirt and the slacks...I am not paying a dime out of pocket just becauase they can't decide what to do with this uniform problem

I'm pretty sure it would not be a good idea to show up in the size two zip up dress and jay jay the jet plane scarf.

We were also told no to wearing the new uniform with no planned roll out date now. However, I have heard several agents saying they planned on getting the pants hemmed so they can wear them now since their current pants have holes in them. (My pockets just poked through last week so they are now stapled together). The new hires have not been allowed to order the uniform unless they want to pay for it themselves. No one appears to be "uniform" anymore from the new hire put together uniforms to the old AW and USAir uniforms people are dragging out of their closet so they have clothes to wear. I really dont think many people care what they look like at this point though truth be known.

We were also told no to wearing the new uniform with no planned roll out date now. However, I have heard several agents saying they planned on getting the pants hemmed so they can wear them now since their current pants have holes in them. (My pockets just poked through last week so they are now stapled together). The new hires have not been allowed to order the uniform unless they want to pay for it themselves. No one appears to be "uniform" anymore from the new hire put together uniforms to the old AW and USAir uniforms people are dragging out of their closet so they have clothes to wear. I really dont think many people care what they look like at this point though truth be known.
I completely agree with you. My hems on my old pants are stapled too and I have a locker full of safety pins for myself and everyone else when those stupid flag buttons fall off various uniform pieces in strategic places....

sooo classy.

I completely agree with you. My hems on my old pants are stapled too and I have a locker full of safety pins for myself and everyone else when those stupid flag buttons fall off various uniform pieces in strategic places....

sooo classy.

I've seen some agents in CLT wear their new uniform. It looks way better than the old ones and I don't blame them. I know some f/as have done it too but the company has sent out reminders that we will be sent home or some other nonsense if we wear the new uniform. Hey, I'll take a free vacation! I think I'll wear my new uniform over Easter. Oh, but wait, our supervisors won't be out policing uniforms over Easter. They'll be at home having an Easter egg hunt with their kids. My bad!

As for my uniforms falling apart, a few months ago the hem of my pants came loose and I found some really strong duct tape and duct taped it together. After many, many washings and ironings it is still holding strong. I've had to revert to the trusty old stapler as well. Funny the things we do when we are desperate...

What really doesn't make any sense is that we can wear old, ragged uniforms with holes in them, our own clothes, scarves, coats, pants, skirts, or whatever else we want to wear and it doesn't matter how short, tight, loose, wrinkled, or dirty they look which 9 times out of 10 looks terrible, yet we aren't allowed to wear our new uniforms which look nice.

To Ima B. Yotch: So are you one of those rebel agents sporting the new uniform? Next time I am in the CLT airport I will go up to all the agents in the new uniform and ask "Excuse me, are you Ima B. Yotch?" until I find you! LOL! How do you think that will go over in CLT? I hope I don't get b!tchslapped for it! :lol:

...no offense but the agents are starting to look more beat up than the crews.

None taken. I know I wouldn't last a day as an agent. Kudos to you all and the hard work that you do. At least us f/as can go hide in the back galley, hang up some blankets and attach them to the ceiling and sides of the jumpseats with liquor seals to get away from the passengers until the end of the flight. :lol: Don't worry everyone, I would never do anything like that...I'm just saying hypothetically a f/a could do that...

Oh geez... give it a rest. If all you have to do is worry about who is wearing what uniform (old or new) or weather someone has on a pair of navy Wal-mart pants or a sweater, then thank God you aren't on a contract negotiating team or anything of importance. Geez!!

A lot of things are going on... recalls coming back from a 6 yr furlough... guess what? No uniforms
Since the uniform postponement, we can't get any replacements for the old ones... So either wearing parts of the new one... like pants... or going to the big W and finding something similar.. just has to work for now.

Don't you have anything better to worry about? What's with all this compliance crap? Get a life. - ot go to work in the training dept or something.

Oh geez... give it a rest. If all you have to do is worry about who is wearing what uniform (old or new) or weather someone has on a pair of navy Wal-mart pants or a sweater, then thank God you aren't on a contract negotiating team or anything of importance. Geez!!

A lot of things are going on... recalls coming back from a 6 yr furlough... guess what? No uniforms
Since the uniform postponement, we can't get any replacements for the old ones... So either wearing parts of the new one... like pants... or going to the big W and finding something similar.. just has to work for now.

Don't you have anything better to worry about? What's with all this compliance crap? Get a life. - ot go to work in the training dept or something.

Dude, lighten up! I think most people here are more worried about their contract and pay and whatever else besides uniforms but you can only discuss those things for so long before your head starts to spin. Geez! If you don't like this topic then why are you wasting your precious time reading it and why on earth are you here posting. If I don't like a topic I just don't read it or participate. Don't you have anything else better to do than flame others for discussing the new uniforms? Why don't you get a life?

Dude, lighten up! I think most people here are more worried about their contract and pay and whatever else besides uniforms but you can only discuss those things for so long before your head starts to spin. Geez! If you don't like this topic then why are you wasting your precious time reading it and why on earth are you here posting. If I don't like a topic I just don't read it or participate. Don't you have anything else better to do than flame others for discussing the new uniforms? Why don't you get a life?
OMG....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have to PM you I dont want to get sent to the corn field ..

we have had several postings in our break room that we will get written up and/or sent home if we wear any part of our uniform....what a crock...we are so manager heavy that they have nothing else to do...but become uniform police.

If they can't figure out how to do a uniform roll out how on God's Green Earth are they gonna fly to China for crissakes?

If I were an employee and they told me to buy something at Wal-Mart I'd ask them for an expense report.

POOR planning on Managements part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part.
PB with all due respect managent has tried and tried...I know I was on the uniform team for fitline. This has to due with Twinhills and the supplier. Management wanted us to be in the new uniform by now. Again this is Twinhills problem!!!!

PB with all due respect managent has tried and tried...I know I was on the uniform team for fitline. This has to due with Twinhills and the supplier. Management wanted us to be in the new uniform by now. Again this is Twinhills problem!!!!

Forgive my skepticism but one has to wonder whether our apparent low priority with Twin Hill's uniform fullfilment has to do with the costs US was willing to pay for this order.
Standard operating procedure for USAirways top management is to point fingers at everyone else instead of looking in the mirror.

I think instead of trying to impress (who are we trying to impress?) with this rollout, the elites are more concerned about their mileage and rewards program getting further pillaged.

I bet if we surveyed them, they don't give a rats behind what the employees are wearing as long as they don't have to be fed tuna burritos in envoy (that they werent able to upgrade with miles for)

I dont understand what kind of reaction they are hoping for? Do they think the new uniforms will make headlines?

Let us wear our stinking uniforms so we can breathe while WN takes the media beating off of us for a while!!

I just want my clothes to fit and not have holes. ....it's really a simple request!! I want to look and feel professional and comfortable...not deflated and used up.....

hahaha..

I think instead of trying to impress (who are we trying to impress?) with this rollout, the elites are more concerned about their mileage and rewards program getting further pillaged.

I bet if we surveyed them, they don't give a rats behind what the employees are wearing as long as they don't have to be fed tuna burritos in envoy (that they werent able to upgrade with miles for)

I dont understand what kind of reaction they are hoping for? Do they think the new uniforms will make headlines?

Let us wear our stinking uniforms so we can breathe while WN takes the media beating off of us for a while!!

I just want my clothes to fit and not have holes. ....it's really a simple request!! I want to look and feel professional and comfortable...not deflated and used up.....

hahaha..
you hit the nail on the head :up: :up:

Isn't the Director of Customer Service in CLT a well-connected Westie? (loaded question of course, if he was judged on his merits he would still be loading bags in PHX.)

But, if he is so well connected, why are his employees ordered to wear rags?

Back