Disappointed with TWU

With the Mechanic divide at AA doubtful their will be an Election soon if ever so don't hold your breath Frank.
Once again it comes down to the Line vs Overhaul .... Ugh.
ARE KIDDING ME!!! Why don't you say "I know you are but what an I" You talk around everything and then fall back on that line. YOU MUST BE A COMPANY OR TWU STOOGE! You have nothing else and then fall back on line vs OH. What other old rhetoric are you going to pull out. This is for all mechanics at AA and a chance for us to decide our own fate and not be dictated to. If this is all you got. we've been there done that. Take your own advice and PARACHUTE OUT!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
ARE KIDDING ME!!! Why don't you say "I know you are but what an I" You talk around everything and then fall back on that line. YOU MUST BE A COMPANY OR TWU STOOGE! You have nothing else and then fall back on line vs OH. What other old rhetoric are you going to pull out. This is for all mechanics at AA and a chance for us to decide our own fate and not be dictated to. If this is all you got. we've been there done that. Take your own advice and PARACHUTE OUT!!!!

Looks as though you have missed what Raptorman has typed again and again trying to explain his position or maybe you haven't, who cares. He has explained Endlessly that TULE and Line Maint. are so very divided on what direction they want our representation to go and maybe you work at TULE and maybe you don't...again, who cares. TULE itself is even more divided and has two separate card drives going for two completely different Unions and another brand new startup Union that was doing a card drive but has stepped back for however long and a current Union on property. He has tried to convey his opinion only to have some say he doesn't know what he is talking about and others such as yourself try to berate him but again, Who cares. Each Entity has people avidly supporting them which in turn makes it a Very Diverse Situation because Unity in major numbers for any one Union on the base is nonexistent and nobody really knows how to fix it. Hopefully that explained it correctly

Looks as though you have missed what Raptorman has typed again and again trying to explain his position or maybe you haven't, who cares. He has explained Endlessly that TULE and Line Maint. are so very divided on what direction they want our representation to go and maybe you work at TULE and maybe you don't...again, who cares. TULE itself is even more divided and has two separate card drives going for two completely different Unions and another brand new startup Union that was doing a card drive but has stepped back for however long and a current Union on property. He has tried to convey his opinion only to have some say he doesn't know what he is talking about and others such as yourself try to berate him but again, Who cares. Each Entity has people avidly supporting them which in turn makes it a Very Diverse Situation because Unity in major numbers for any one Union on the base is nonexistent and nobody really knows how to fix it. Hopefully that explained it correctly

Nice response Robin...

Craftsman is right. The only union where we could ever hope to have some accountability would be AMFA. Sell outs like Videtich, Gless and the like - would eventually have to come back to the floor, and work under the conditions they helped negotiate. That would give them incentive to have an allegiance to the dues payers as opposed to the almighty (UNACCOUNTABLE) International. These people would have to look you in the eye, and attempt to explain why they cornholed you and your fellow workers six ways from sunday. This will never happen with the TWU or even worse the Teamsters.

These antagonists on this BB: High Speed Steel, Anomaly, Reality Check, Overspeed, and a few others are all TWU shills - most likely they are some of the parasites I mentioned above. Their unwavering defense of the TWU is sickening - yet not surprising. Would any of you want to get off that gravey train? What are Gless and Videtich pulling down now - pretty close to $200K after next years raise, and expense account, dues payers paid for luxury lease car. That explains the hundreds of posts and multiple alias' in such a short time frame. Time to pull the plug on the slugs.

As long as Little is International President, Gless will always have a cushy overpaid position.

Obama Ex-Aides Defend Bailout Cash for Delphi Pensions

Bloomberg‎ - 5 days ago
Today's hearing was the panel's third on Delphi's pension and GM's involvement in it. The Government Accountability Office said in a report last ...

Congressional Hearing on GM's Delphi Pension Top-Up

www.volokh.com/.../congressional-hearing-on-gms-delphi-pension-t...
5 days ago – I'll be testifying today in a hearing in the House Government Oversight Committee regarding GM's decision to spend $1 billion in taxpayer ...

Thanks AC Tynker I think you explained it quite well, nice to know someone is actually listening instead of refusing to acknowledge what we all know, there is a reason there has been several card drives & we can't seem to get to an Election failing to see that is living in denial, I live in the real world not in denial.

Thanks AC Tynker I think you explained it quite well, nice to know someone is actually listening instead of refusing to acknowledge what we all know, there is a reason there has been several card drives & we can't seem to get to an Election failing to see that is living in denial, I live in the real world not in denial.

Pointing out the problem, and being part of the problem is the easy part.

What is your SOLUTION?

Thank You Joker

You know.....Because reading what you type usually makes me laugh.

Alot !

I get a pretty good laugh out of some of this stuff too which is a good thing, I believe in moderation in all things in life, to worship anyone or any organization is foolish in my opinion & the very definition of a CULT to be cultish folks, have some moderation & balance....... Geez

I get a pretty good laugh out of some of this stuff too which is a good thing, I believe in moderation in all things in life, to worship anyone or any organization is foolish in my opinion & the very definition of a CULT to be cultish folks, have some moderation & balance....... Geez

Might be important to practice what you preach, also!

Pointing out the problem, and being part of the problem is the easy part.

What is your SOLUTION?

My solution is a compromise everyone sign both cards & at least one of the competing Unions hopefully will get enough cards, I signed both cards, I also am hearing that if one gets to an Election you can write in another choice.
I'm also a firm believer in as much Exposure as possible from day one, like the Teamsters are doing I think it makes a difference, in the past there were hostile responses from the TWU local 514 but that was when we had a real Leader with *&$@@ Burchette he was anything but timid now we have very timid officers in Local 514 they will not attack anyone for doing anything so the gates are un guarded.

Does anybody know if the AFL-CIO used it's political power to get Texas and Oklahoma congressman or other politicians to offer tax incentives or anything else to AA for keeping jobs in the USA? Or did all my TWU dues $15k go towards the TWU infrastructure?

Just wanted to keep the membership informed. This is a copy and paste.

Bobby Gless

Robert Gless started work with the International as a Representative in 2003 and soon after became the Assistant AA System Coordinator.
More than twenty years ago, after earning his Airframe and Plant license in high school, Gless started his career with the TWU as a truck driver who delivered air freight for American Airlines at JFK International airport. In 1987 Gless participated in the AA Junior Mechanic Program and served as a Shop Steward at Local 514 for a few years. In 1990 he returned to JFK as a line AMT and certified aircraft maintenance MIG welder. Five years later he was elected as Local 501 JFK Section Chairman and served two terms. When Local 562 was chartered in 1999 Gless was elected President of the new local.
Gless has served in numerous leadership roles including ASAP Coordinator and Health and Safety Coordinator, and has assisted with several organizing drives within the division.
He is married with two sons and enjoys Boating, fishing and going to the beach with his family. Gless has been a certified dive master for over 15 years. He loves to read and spend time with his family in between commutes from Texas and New York.