IAM VS TUW ramp Vote

hmm you all bring up some interesting points , but let me clear up some things . First to the person who said we don't need a union or would be better off without one , look at mesa airlines , here in PHX we work side by side with those poor bastards . We hate them ,yet from time to time we feel sorry for them because their treated worse than dirt . We harbor no pretinions as to what would happen to US if we became non union .

Mesa Airlines? Arent they a rejional airline? The biggest thing they fly is a CRJ right? Like TWU represented American Eagle right? Well as bad as we have it with the TWU those guys at EAgle have it even worse at Eagle with the TWU.

We hate them ,yet from time to time we feel sorry for them because their treated worse than dirt .

You hate them? Why?

We harbor no pretinions as to what would happen to US if we became non union .

At this poiont what? Didnt they already gut the contracts?

Too those who think the People on furlow will not vote i have a question , do they recive health care? If they do , and they care about health care or flight benfits then they WILL vote , because the moment we are non-union , they can kiss their furlow status adios !

My guess is that the majority of people on furlough have moved on.

Flight benifits! You must be joking. Get a credit card that gives you miles and you can fly for free-positive space!

Also about outsourcing , if we fall under the IAM contact we WILL be saying good by to all our friends in the field stations ... our company will out source whenever possible .

Why outsource when you work for so cheap, thanks to the TWU.

From what i've read here it looks like the IAM people have been having a horrible time .TWU sucks some of you say? that maybe so , but i'm not advocating the international wing , only our local ,

You cant seperate the two. The International has complete authority over you. If you are acting contrary to their pro-company ideology they can simply oust all your leaders or even liquidate your Local.

all of us here at US air are only concerned with our local not our national .It should be noted that if i thought for one minute we'd get a better deal under IAM i'd jump ship in a heart beat long with every other TWU worker .TWU is the better choice between the two .

Just because.... YOU PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED A BITTER SITUATION THAT NO WHERE REMOTELY COMPARES TO WHAT US- US F/S EMPLOYEES ARE FACING, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO YOUR AA PAGES AND COMPLAIN TO THOSE YOUR FEELINGS TRULY ARE APPLICABLE TO!

GO TWU/IBT
VOTE!! VOTE!!VOTE!!

The fact is everyone in this industry suffered a disaster. Our unions did nothing to prevent it. Their greed hurt us. The worst thing that you guys could do is reward the union that engineered this whole thing-the TWU. The TWU has been granting AA concessions for over 20 years. The International has complete control over the AA division. They have helped make AA the biggest, and the lowest cost carrier in the industry. If your local ever gets big enough to wield any power the International will split you up too, like they have those at AA where they are split into 21 locals. Guaranteed that if the TWU wins you will have seperate locals, one in the east an one in the West. By splitting you up, ownership of the contract goes to the International. Once they have ownership of your contract they can do as they please, despite the language in the Constitution.

Dont believe me? The International split up several AA Locals who were pushing for more autonomy over the contract. They removed one President who was very outspoken, set up officers from another of the Locals to get fired by the company-their lawsuit is still pending, she(the President who was removed) sued and reportedly got an out of court setttlement for a lot of money-her name is Joy Calloway.

When these locals sued the International the International argued that according to the Constitution and Federal Labor Laws they can do as they please with the locals. Just as they have the power to issue charters they can remove them.

The TWU testified in Federal court that that language which says the membership has the right to ratify any changes to the contract only applies to "new" contracts and since we are under the RLA our contracts are only "amendable". Amendable contracts are not new.

The fact is that if you should end up in the TWU things will change, for the worse. Right now you are an almost insignificant group within the TWU, what do you have 2000 members? Thats smaller than most of the 21 Locals in the AA system.

Let me ask you something Jen, are you rank and file or do you hold a position in the TWU? If you hold a TWU position isnt it correct that if they go IAM you lose your position?

With only 65 votes to spare the TWU barely made it into AWA. They hardly got a mandate. Despite the fact that AWA did not go BK the US guys , after two rounds of BK and several rounds of concessions still earn more than you. How good could the TWU be?

You say I should but out, but I'm still in this industry and an expanding TWU is bad news for everyone in this industry.

A growing TWU is worse than a trend towards non-union, because having the TWU is better for a company than having no union at all.

The TWU will work hand in hand with management, like the program at AA called the "Joint Leadership Team" a cooperative effort to grant the company more concessions through productivity improvements and job eliminations.

Having the TWU in place allows the company to do as it pleases and creates a higher barrier for workers who seek real union representation. If there is no union in place the workers only need to show a 35% showing of intrest for a vote, however once you have the company union TWU in place you need 50% +1. So the TWU acts like an insurance policy for the airlines to protect them from real unions.

Do you know who the head guy for the TWU ATD is? Jim Little, he came from AA management. Thats right, if you go to the TWU you will have someone from AA management in charge of your livelyhood. Jim left out his management history from his BIO on the TWU page so he fluffed it up with some phony degrees he had. All this is on the AA thred. He has recently removed his claims of higher education from the BIO but the earlier version is available from the thread about how AA management moves into TWU top spot. http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26568

Now its true that those degrees are not needed but why did Jim say he had things he didnt? Why would he lie in order to make himself look better? If he would lie about the little things imagine how he lies for bigger things, like getting a few extra thousand dues payers!

well last week we had our first station meeting with the new manager and he told us straight up front that Douglas PArker doesnt like the outsourcing. And he alos told us that he may even bring back mainline to the outsorced cities. May be someone who knows PArker can find out if this is true.

That's real intelligent, listen to a manager. Like he's gonna tell you anything that you want to hear. You've gotta be kidding me.

Let me ask you something Jen, are you rank and file or do you hold a position in the TWU? If you hold a TWU position isnt it correct that if they go IAM you lose your position?

Hey Bob!!
Good Morning! That is a great big NO I do not hold a position within the TWU.I do apologize to you I do get very fiesty @ times. I was aware of some of your info but not ALL. Thank You for sharing.......

With only 65 votes to spare the TWU barely made it into AWA. They harly got a mandate. Despite the fcat that AWA did not go BK the US guys , after two rounds of BK and several rounds of concessions still earn more than you. How good could the TWU be?

I did all the math Bob!!! I can say that the payscale runs more now, but there is a better chance for everyone making more with our very decent negotiations commitee than IAM has to offer. Status quo until that time comes.
Most importantly that little bump in pay, compared to my current wage and TWU contract does not come close to what I stand to lose under the IAM contract, My family medical coverages would more than double with less being covered, My 10 sick days, my vacation time, my double time
holiday pay, my ability to do unlimited trades,and drops. 401k with a match is much safer than pensions are these days,. My life revolves around my family. IT DOES NOT ADD UP BOB! in all honesty I dont want to suffer with all the stuffing down the throat thats gone on. ** DONT OUTSOURCE ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN OUR FIELD STATIONS!! What the choices are it should be pretty obvious why I feel the way I do.

REGARDS

What vote?

Pat Rezler, president of TWU Local 580, said the TWU members haven’t called for an election yet, but the union has until Feb. 27 to turn in interest cards from those employees who want to vote.

Article

That's real intelligent, listen to a manager. Like he's gonna tell you anything that you want to hear. You've gotta be kidding me.
well I never listened to a manager before we were outsourced, so why start now!!!! I have yet to listen. I go do my job and do it safely and very well and go home!

hey 700,

February 14, 2006
Yesterday Transport Workers Union Local 580, as required by the National Mediation Board, submitted representation cards from the IAM employees. At 4:00pm Eastern Standard time the cards were submitted to the NMB. TWU local 580 is now awaiting a response and confirmation on the total amount submitted and confirmed by the NMB. If enough cards are confirmed by the NMB, TWU local 580 will be put into a position to possibly call for an election. However, an election by the NMB has some serious consequences. The NMB requires that at least 50% + 1 of the combined work force must vote and the majority winner of that would be the surviving union. If 50% + 1 of the combined work force doesn't vote we could be placed right back where we were in 1999, which is AT WILL EMPLOYEES with no union.

Fraternally,
Local 580 Executive Board.

hey 700,

If 50% + 1 of the combined work force doesn't vote we could be placed right back where we were in 1999, which is AT WILL EMPLOYEES with no union.

Fraternally,
Local 580 Executive Board.

Dear Executive board memeber , almost all of us here in PHX and the smaller cities understand this , i assume the workers up in LAS understand it as well . We know your hesitant to push for elections , but i feel the need to remind you that you represent all of us .... and as a whole this work group pushes for a GENERAL ELECTION.Please do not forget that fact .IAM has caused everyone enough trouble , let us be done with them .

First to the person who said we don't need a union or would be better off without one , look at mesa airlines , here in PHX we work side by side with those poor bastards . We hate them ,yet from time to time we feel sorry for them because their treated worse than dirt .
They are treated like crap because they have crappy management, not becuase they are non-union.

I'm proudly a non-union employee at HP, and feel like I'm very well treated by my immediate supervisor and everyone above. Are thigns perfect? Of course not. Would I love to get more money? Sure. But nothing in life is perfect.

They are treated like crap because they have crappy management, not becuase they are non-union.

I'm proudly a non-union employee at HP, and feel like I'm very well treated by my immediate supervisor and everyone above. Are thigns perfect? Of course not. Would I love to get more money? Sure. But nothing in life is perfect.
I second that rjh!! A million times over.

But since we may not have a choice to remain as we like because of the merger and the past union history of the IAM at US Airways, when it comes time to vote, we must!!

I second that rjh!! A million times over.

But since we may not have a choice to remain as we like because of the merger and the past union history of the IAM at US Airways, when it comes time to vote, we must!!

So now I get it, you want the TWU because you really dont want a union!

For all of you out there that are sick of the IAM, and you have good cause to be, consider this before you make the mistake of voting for the TWU. About a year ago over 9000 mechanics at AA filled out cards to get rid of the TWU. The only way the TWU prevented an election-and thats at 50%+1, was by getting together with the company and adding 3500 cards to the class and craft of mechanics. Many of the names added were of retireees, terminations, resignations, deceased and some who never worked for the company.THe only reason why there hasnt been a drive from the Fleet SErvice clerks at AA is because there is nowhere to go.The IBT has rejected requests for cards!!!

So now I get it, you want the TWU because you really dont want a union!

For all of you out there that are sick of the IAM, and you have good cause to be, consider this before you make the mistake of voting for the TWU. About a year ago over 9000 mechanics at AA filled out cards to get rid of the TWU. The only way the TWU prevented an election-and thats at 50%+1, was by getting together with the company and adding 3500 cards to the class and craft of mechanics. Many of the names added were of retireees, terminations, resignations, deceased and some who never worked for the company.THe only reason why there hasnt been a drive from the Fleet SErvice clerks at AA is because there is nowhere to go.The IBT has rejected requests for cards!!!
Cool down. It was a general statement about remaining status quo (refer to rhj's previous post)......as currently non union employees. And it's a show of understanding to all west employees.