IAM VS TUW ramp Vote

Not to split hairs but technicly they are not on the payroll. They have a consulting contract as far as I know which is different than being an actual employee.

But the end result is they are around.

IMO, US AIRWAYS will NOT campaign to get rid of union at all so I doubt Glass & Associates would get involved in a counter union drive.
Two reasons why
1. This contract is not a collective bargaining contract, it is an abrogated contract that the judge enforced and then the workers approved it.
2. This is the best contract your company has ever seen.

regards,

first off, I work in LAS and have seen no letter regarding campainging of any sort. If so Im sure TWU lawyers and IAM lawyers would have a field day with it.

Second, The company wants the IAM contract plain and simple its CHEAP, TWU would have made more before this merger under the ATSB loan that resticted them to what raises they could recieve, the pilots and the dispatchers got the raise ramp would have too.

Third, Nobody from the IAM side will lose any money if TWU wins. two things are going to happen, one would be that TWU negotiates a whole new contract that all employees would get to vote on, and least possible outcome would be that IAM contract is enforced upon us.

By voting TWU you have a chance to get out from under this BANKRUPTCY contract and that was so terrible IAM reps and their website said so, their website said this was the best they could do for you because of a judge, well if TWU wins and they get to negotiate a new contract guess what no judge and 2.5 Billion in the bank, some ones getting paid.

There own retirement package to the company was like a multi milion dollar concession to the company compared to the 401K. IAM is afraid of their own paycheck for their "bosses", IAM does not care about the employees they care about their own bank account

And to correct and earlier post the reason why field stations havent been outsorced is due to the strong language in our contract!! No outsourcing can be done if it results in furloughs.

Where is a current IAM contract for the Fleet Service where is the IAM pressing the company to get there employees a contract. TWUs is on their website. The IAM blames the company well why dont they put it on their website??

And LAst what can IAM do for the TWU employees if they do become IAM, there will be a transition agreement and IAM sure the IAM will F***k us like they F?*?*ed their own employees. Take our dues and run.

Foaming at the mouth? IMO they are disappointed that the mechanics (and related) won't transition smoothly into an IAM contract. In case you haven't listened carefully to statements made by company representatives from DP down, the whole theme of integration is that it needs to be as smooth and seamless as possible. This concept supports being profitable as soon as possible. I think they are very disappointed that mechanics (and related) integration is going to drag out. Just my opinion.
“Smooth and seamless as possibleâ€￾ with out a union. Do think for one second that the company wants a union on the property. If you are employ a will the company can have there way in all aspects “Smooth and seamlessâ€￾ I have seen the company interpretation of “Smooth and seamlessâ€￾ for at will employees That is why the agents have a contract like upper management.

The problem is the NMB rules, totally stacked in the companies favor. It's like David and Goliath.
Your chances of winning any union representation is slim to none.
Sorry that's just the way it is.
And the US/east got their first contract in late 1999 and US/west agents got there first contract a month ago. WE DID THIS WITH THE ODDS STACK AGAINST US. You better believed the company is looking at the agents ability to organizes

NevedaHP

How many times does it have to be explained, if there is an election and the twu wins, you dont get the right to renegotiate the CBA, all the twu would do is adminster the IAM CBA and negotiate a transition agreement.

They are treated like crap because they have crappy management, not becuase they are non-union.

I'm proudly a non-union employee at HP, and feel like I'm very well treated by my immediate supervisor and everyone above. Are thigns perfect? Of course not. Would I love to get more money? Sure. But nothing in life is perfect.
crappy management comes and goes
700 is right. At US Airways West side they already have started the process of informing the employees that they can vote for no union. They already sent a letter to TWU telling them that they are not allowed to campaign on the property. Once they hire a union busting firm plus the poor turn out in the election, bye bye TWU and IAM...hello Al Hemenway's will.
The company is feather bedding there position to have a non hostile work environment

Wakefield?

Try Lakefield and the membership ratified the final offers after the judge abrogated the CBAs.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Wakefield?

Try Lakefield and the membership ratified the final offers after the judge abrogated the CBAs.

Don't let the facts get in your way.
yeah the people that were our brothers and sisters in the big hubs and the addition of BDL and PVD to get the contract thru. they were the ones who wanted it knowing full well that they were not being outsourced.

NevedaHP

How many times does it have to be explained, if there is an election and the twu wins, you dont get the right to renegotiate the CBA, all the twu would do is adminster the IAM CBA and negotiate a transition agreement.

Well the TWU has to keep throwing this lie out, after all what else do they have to offer? Can they brag about the job they did at AA, a company with billions in the bank and the most concessionary contract out there?

Here is a partial list of what the TWU gave up at AA without BK. In fact the cuts were so deep that the other carriers that were in BK had to run back to the Judge to try and match the TWU/AA concessions.

Straight time for all hours worked under 40.

When Crew Chiefs work OT they lose Crew Chief pay.

The contract only recognizes 5 holidays. If you are required to work eight hours on the holiday you will only recieve four hours extra pay.So you get 5 holidays but if you have to work you have to work for half pay.

The first two days you call in sick you only get half pay.

If you are required to work over 40 hours but the company labels it "training" you will only get straight time pay.

NO Doubletime, no matter how many hours are worked.

Eliminated shift differential. Well, 2 cents an hour a differential for working midnights, 1 cent an hour for afts.

For the first five years only one week of paid vacation.

This is the best that the TWU can do with the biggest, healthiest airline out there. What do you think they can do for you?