DOS

Can an Executive Board member retain their position if they are bumped to OSM?

The company wants a certain number of OSM's and if a handful are at the union hall who is going to do their work?

Sure they can. If you're a local member you're eligible.
Even a fleet clerk can be a good sargent in arms.

Back in 2003 when the last industry leading concessionary deal was pushed through I had discussed leaving the industry. I was asked not to by my wife as we had three kids and she asked that I wait till she finished school. She took six years but she finally did finish and she is an RN now (her starting pay was more than my maxed out pay). I was 42 years old then, looking back I'm not sure we made the right choice.

So here's the best answer I can give you at this point in time, none of that stuff really matters, this is a crappy place to work and its not going to get any better anytime soon. If there is one thing I've learned after 26 years at AA is waiting for things to get better simply does not pay off because things only get worse. Basically you are working as if you have no union, sure you pay dues but everything a Union normally provides is gone, in fact your deal is worse than what the non-union mechanics get.

Time to seriously start looking for another career. Moving to another carrier will only work if you are fortunate enough to see AA go out of businerss after you leave because how can UAL and other carriers continue to pay their guys $8/hr more than AA and compete? Even if the Wage Adjustment provision kicks in AA will still be paying at least three to four dollars an hour less when other forms of compensation, benefits and workrules are added in.

Bob;

If you take the time to learn what a union is about and quit tearing them down while collecting money from the UNION memberships!!! I beleive you could possibly be a better person.

Unions are about Unity! Something you definitly have no clue about!!!. Bob has one agenda! Destroy the TWU!!

In Solidarity,

CIO

Bob;

If you take the time to learn what a union is about and quit tearing them down while collecting money from the UNION memberships!!! I beleive you could possibly be a better person.

Unions are about Unity! Something you definitly have no clue about!!!. Bob has one agenda! Destroy the TWU!!

In Solidarity,

CIO

LMAO! UNITY?

The senitiment is OH told the Line to go screw themsleves...

Unity is a two way street.

Bob;

In Solidarity,

CIO

Unity?
you mean like "B-Scales" "C-Scales" "D-Scales" "Jr Mechanics" "SRP's" "OSM'S" "Now Hangar OSM's" "Selling out members for early out" and "driving a wedge between line and overhaul"?

Using dues money for Democrats when many members are Republicans?

Really?

Bob;

In Solidarity,

CIO

Now that is FUNNY!!

Sarcasm 89, cirri probably won his local election by 74% to 26% also.

And probably is not even qualified to open a door to the hall to let member enter.
I got your point and I agree with you. My sarcasm wasn't directed at you but rather those that elected a non AMT to represent the interests of an overhaul base. He evidently was elected fairly but I just don't get it.
Maybe someone in Tulsa can remember who was running against him. Where there no AMT's or none worth electing?

Bob;

In Solidarity,

CIO

You are exactly why I changed my avatar. Who's arse do you prefer to be shoulder deep in?

You are exactly why I changed my avatar. Who's arse do you prefer to be shoulder deep in?

While I disagree with most everything CIO thinks and believes. I also think a more professional discussion with less disgusting side matter might serve us all better.

While I disagree with most everything CIO thinks and believes. I also think a more professional discussion with less disgusting side matter might serve us all better.
Informer, if you're looking for an "professional discussion", you're in the wrong "profession"!----- example: comatose!

Informer, if you're looking for an "professional discussion", you're in the wrong "profession"!----- example: comatose!

MCI, I'm a worker in a shop talk environment. If someone is offended its sorry to some or to bad for others.

Crude, absolutely I will say what I feel for the gutless 74% in t town and 50.25% overall.

They have no idea whats this company has in store for them....including me.

The think tank in centerpork in balls to the wall on how to screw us with what was just sold.

Latest posts

Back