E190

Get a life, there are thousands of IAM members at US and 25 stupid ones made a very bad decision and should be fired from US, removed from any position they hold in the IAM and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Just like you did when you broke into someone's office to further your own career.

If you want to talk about what happened in PHL keep it on those threads, dont ruin every thread with what happened.

This IS great news, good move on Airways part. They need to just get republic out of the way now or the brand is going to become even more inconsistent (and ineffiecient on shared routes).

Will these be flown by East initially? Are there 737s retiring at the same time? If so, its actually loss of FA jobs as you lose the third position. Hopefully these will bring employees back to work.

Will they have everyone qualified by then or will only former MidAtlantic FAs work it initially? I'd imagine that could be a seniority violation.

Do they have to do proving runs again, buy another door trainer to replace the one they just gave away, how does that all work? Are they keeping thier certification on the 170 to use for the 190?

Ironic that this comes the same day the very mainline F/As who are/were flying the E170 file a $1.2 Billion lawsuit against both US Airways and the Association of Flight Attendants about this aircraft type.

This IS great news, good move on Airways part. They need to just get republic out of the way now or the brand is going to become even more inconsistent (and ineffiecient on shared routes).

Will these be flown by East initially? Are there 737s retiring at the same time? If so, its actually loss of FA jobs as you lose the third position. Hopefully these will bring employees back to work.

Will they have everyone qualified by then or will only former MidAtlantic FAs work it initially? I'd imagine that could be a seniority violation.

Do they have to do proving runs again, buy another door trainer to replace the one they just gave away, how does that all work? Are they keeping thier certification on the 170 to use for the 190?

I will answer some of this with what I know.
I agree getting rid of Republic would be great
My guess is the FA's as well as the pilots will bid like any other Airways AC

Yes they must replace the door trainer they gave away, and no my understanding is they have either a waiver from the FAA or they will keep a single 170 long enough to not need proving runs

I thought the idea was to pair fleet types for economy ala south west.

You know the savings in parts, training etc.

How does it help to add a350's 190's and posibly 170's?

A350s share a common type rating with the A330s.

The E190s share a common type rating with the E170s.

I can see this US Airways fleet around the end of the decade:

A330/A350 mainline international service
767s on the way to the desert as 350s come in
B757 long-thin international service, Caribbean, a few more trunk transcons
A319/A320/A321 domestic workhorses
B733/734 old beasts phasing out, replaced by combination of new Airbi and Embraers
E190 lots and lots and lots of midcons - can you say CLT-IAH, PIT-DFW?
E170 still there, still there, still there... but RP or mainline?
CR9 getting kicked to the floor by the E190s, pax and employees sing hallelujah
CR7/CRJ PSA still bouncing around out of CLT
CRJ Air Whiskey owning Terminal F'ed
DH8 PDT, can we throw them some Q400 bones? Please?
ERJ Republitauqua America's Jungle Jet City at LGA
SF3 Yeah, can't forget Colgan either - who else will fly Saabs from PIT-CMH?

What about US east and US west airbuii'. When US totally merges, for example I am asking, You have an West A319 in a city, and its crew that is there becomes ill, but an East crew is available, or vice versa, will they be able to fly each others?

The 757's are the same I believe since they both got ex-Eastern. What about the 737's too?

US seems to be wisely heading towards a handful of basic fleet types...

A330/350 Widebody
A319/320/321 Long range, high volume narrowbody
EMB170?/175?/190/195? Mid-range lower volume narrowbody

Still less fleet types than most network carriers.

Express, at least wholly owned could have a great variety of seat volume and specific niches, with s standard customer experience with two basic fleet types

DH-8-200/300/400? Short haul, fuel efficient
CRJ50/70/90 longer express routes

Part of preparing for full integration will be training crews on each side in the differences between the common aircraft on each side. So....

West A320 series pilots will be trained on the differences in the East A320 series airplanes (engines, the 321 differences, etc), while

East A320 series pilots will be trained on the differences in the West A320 series airplanes.

Likewise for the 737 and 757 pilots.

So yes, after full integration, an original East crew can fly a West airplane of the same type and vice versa.

Jim

What about US east and US west airbuii'. When US totally merges, for example I am asking, You have an West A319 in a city, and its crew that is there becomes ill, but an East crew is available, or vice versa, will they be able to fly each others?
When the certificates merge there will be no more East or West airplanes. When the seniority lists are merged, there will be no more East or West crews. I think that's supposed to happen in the 2007 timeframe?

11 first class, 88 coach... and two flight attendents? Can AFA negotiate more pay for that, considering the work load, or will it just go more junior, or will there simply be no service. Ugh.. why did I ask that last part? Can we skip the whining?

11 first class, 88 coach... and two flight attendents? Can AFA negotiate more pay for that, considering the work load, or will it just go more junior, or will there simply be no service. Ugh.. why did I ask that last part? Can we skip the whining?

I really don't see this being a big deal. As things are now on the 757 the A takes care of first class and then comes back to serve the first section of coach. My guess is one f/a will start in the back of the a/c and the other in the front, and they will meet somewhere in between. It's not as if we will be serving hot meals on the EMB, I can't imagine it has an oven.

More pay? Are you kidding me? The pilots on those planes are taking a STEEP paycut.....I doubt very much if the F/A's will get more money.

This is probably going to be like the Metrojet fiasco. The pilots take it in the shorts on pay, but everyone else who works the a/c (i.e. f/a, mechanic, agent) will still make the same. How does that save money?

My guess is this aircraft will go more senior(f/a) than most would think. Alot of senior mamas loved the F100, it had short hops and layovers in the towns they commuted from. The idea of buddy bidding and having the whole plane to themselves may win them over.

I do have a question. Is this aircraft one of those that pax can leave and retrieve their bags at the forward door?

No. Its the exact same thing as the 170 which can be found in your flight attendant manual, and you see in your recurrent video for the last two years.

You just put your bag in the overhead bin. If you checkit it goes to baggage claim.

Latest posts