E190

No. Its the exact same thing as the 170 which can be found in your flight attendant manual, and you see in your recurrent video for the last two years.

You just put your bag in the overhead bin. If you checkit it goes to baggage claim.

Thanks for the answer, but I have one more question. Are the overhead bins A319 size or B737 size?

I can see this US Airways fleet around the end of the decade:

<snip>

DH8 PDT, can we throw them some Q400 bones? Please?
ERJ Republitauqua America's Jungle Jet City at LGA
SF3 Yeah, can't forget Colgan either - who else will fly Saabs from PIT-CMH?

And let's not forget the Colgan B1900s doing the stupid ESA runs like BLF/BKW-IAD. BLF can't do SF3's until they get a longer/wider runway. BKW's main runway is ok however. It would be an improvement if the ESA service went to a real hub like CLT over IAD, like it was when CCAir had the contract.

US Airways Group, Inc. and Embraer Announce Aircraft Order

Feb 09, 2006 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE: LCC) and Embraer -- Empresa Brasileira de Aeronautica SA (NYSE: ERJ) today announced they have reached an agreement to amend their original aircraft order. Under this agreement, the previous 57 undelivered EMBRAER 170s will be converted into 25 firm EMBRAER 190 aircraft and 32 additional firm EMBRAER 190 aircraft that are subject to reconfirmation by US Airways. The Amendment also includes up to 50 options to other aircraft in the Embraer 170/190 family. Deliveries will resume in November 2006.

The new aircraft will be configured with 11 first-class and 88 coach seats and will be powered by GE CF34-10E aircraft engines. The new agreement is subject to bankruptcy court approval.

"We are excited to bring the superior comfort and advanced efficiency of the EMBRAER 190 into our fleet, and we are particularly pleased that these airplanes will be flown with US Airways mainline pilots and flight attendants," said US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker.

"We are honored with US Airways' renewed confidence in our E-Jets family and the opportunity to expand our partnership," said Frederico Fleury Curado, Embraer Executive Vice-President, Airline Market.

US Airways and America West's recent merger creates the fifth largest domestic airline, employing 35,000 aviation professionals. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express operate approximately 3,700 flights per day and serve more than 230 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. (LCCG)

US Airways is a member of the Star Alliance, which was established in 1997 as the first truly global airline alliance to offer customers worldwide reach and a smooth travel experience. Star Alliance was voted Best Airline Alliance by Skytrax in 2003 and 2005. The members are Air Canada, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, bmi, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Spanair, TAP Portugal, THAI, United, US Airways and VARIG Brazilian Airlines. South African Airways and SWISS will be integrated during the first half of 2006. Regional member carriers Adria Airways (Slovenia), Blue1 (Finland) and Croatia Airlines enhance the global network. Overall, Star Alliance offers more than 15,000 daily flights to 790 destinations in 138 countries.

Doesn't Wall Street know were out of bankruptcy??? :down:

We may be out of BK but we're not completely out from under the judge's control. It's surprising how many issues are still up in the air, and filings are being made with the court almost every business day.

If you recall, the judge approved an agreement with Embraer a little over a year ago, while we were still in BK. The 190 order isn't a new agreement, it's a modification of that previous agreement. So the judge has to approve the changes - a formality, almost surely.

Jim

Another great thing about the 170/190 family of jets is the ability to place a full sized roller board suitcase under the seat in front of you as well. There isn't a bar seperating the seats but one full open space. It's awesome. Great bag space for an a/c of it's size. Totally beats the crj's by leaps and bounds. I think this a/c will go very senior as someone mentioned. All great news. :up:

Another great thing about the 170/190 family of jets is the ability to place a full sized roller board suitcase under the seat in front of you as well. There isn't a bar seperating the seats but one full open space. It's awesome. Great bag space for an a/c of it's size. Totally beats the crj's by leaps and bounds. I think this a/c will go very senior as someone mentioned. All great news. :up:

This plane will go very jr. to the pilots due to the pay scales. :shock: Most senior FO's will make more than EMB Capt's. Anyone want to guess how low on the senority list!! :p

Im glad to see US getting new craft, wish it were Boeing though, but glad non-the-less :) My question now is, how will these planes be used? Will they be used to open new markets or will they be used to replace 737 flying? Anyone have any idea?

Im glad to see US getting new craft, wish it were Boeing though, but glad non-the-less :) My question now is, how will these planes be used? Will they be used to open new markets or will they be used to replace 737 flying? Anyone have any idea?
And anyone know how far they can fly? I mean as far as city pairs? LAS/PHX to where in the East for example.

Embraer's website lists a range of 2,300 NM...near transcon range. That should be good enough to go from PHX/LAS to most destinations on the east coast.

That said, it would be a big surprise if that's the way that these are used. The Airbii and Boeings have a big advantage in additional seating and payload for the longer routes.

E190s on some mid-cons? Yes. Transcons? I doubt it.

Latest posts