EAST saves West's BUTT today!

The unions and its membership at US/East have stepped up to the plate three times and ratified concessions and gave back billions of dollars and 20,000 jobs to save this company. Yet executives walk away with millions and the executives and whiney people complain when the workers stand up for their CBAs that the company violates at whim.

People like that have no backbone and would let everyone walk all over them, sorry the company has agreed to what is in the CBAs and they have to abide by it and live with it, so be it.

Eric,
All do respect,it takes both sides, [Company and Union] to sign a contract.

I am sure that you are aware of the circumstances surrounding the last round of labor negotations at this airline..

The terms of the latest contracts were presided over by a rubber stamping, company can do no wrong, bankrupcy judge.

If you feel these contracts need to be "rethought" and "renegotiated",

You should be complaining to the dis-honorable judge and "can do nothing wrong" company..

Merry Christmas.....

I think it was great that this was able to take place... During a time of year when wx alone can ground pax and flts it is great to see a positive thing for the pax. They were able to get out to see their families for the holidays and they weren't thinking about who was getting them there they just knew we should in any way possible. Hopefully there is an easy solution to the grievences that are out there. I agree with some that a little more notice was needed however when did this country become so darn bent on getting paid for work not done? Americans are really looking bad when they forsake those who really pay their checks for petty things.

I think it was great that this was able to take place... During a time of year when wx alone can ground pax and flts it is great to see a positive thing for the pax. They were able to get out to see their families for the holidays and they weren't thinking about who was getting them there they just knew we should in any way possible. Hopefully there is an easy solution to the grievences that are out there. I agree with some that a little more notice was needed however when did this country become so darn bent on getting paid for work not done? Americans are really looking bad when they forsake those who really pay their checks for petty things.
Who was "forsaken" in this particular situation ??

These contracts that everyone is whining about were virtually written by the company !! [Due to Bankrupcy]

Time will Tell if the AFA's contract was indeed broken..

The bottom line is that NO passengers were "forsaken" due to this situation.

They cant refuse to fly a flight unless the plane is unsafe, you fly now and grieve later.

See if you were a union employee you would know that.

And to decieve it has NEVER been done before the merger.
But it's WEST grieving -- NOT the EAST! Same union, though, right?

The EAST appears to have been all too greedy to work these flights for the WEST, IF and that's a big, IF, there's truly been a violation -- which there hasn't been!

Don't let the FACTS get in YOUR WAY, 700!!!!

Reality check -- If YOU don't like what the COMPANY has done to YOU and your union, then leave. No one's holding a gun to your head. If you're a flight attendant, then you have transferable skills. This is business. Unless you run your own company, the bosses usually keep getting richer and the employees, don't.

I never said EAST was grieving it, I even posted the E-line from the West MEC.

And like I said, the EAST F/As cant refuse to fly a trip, they have to fly and the WEST filed the grievance.

And sorry to burst your bubble but I will always stand up for organized labor when management disrespects them and violates the CBAs, see that is what Trade Unionism is all about.

The bottom line is that NO passengers were "forsaken" due to this situation.

The passengers would have been if the the 2 airlines hadn't worked together to come up with a solution to help them out. The AFA doesn't seem to care about that though.

I never said EAST was grieving it, I even posted the E-line from the West MEC.

And like I said, the EAST F/As cant refuse to fly a trip, they have to fly and the WEST filed the grievance.

And sorry to burst your bubble but I will always stand up for organized labor when management disrespects them and violates the CBAs, see that is what Trade Unionism is all about.
YOU HAVE NO CLUE. THE COMPANY DID NOT VIOLATE THE CBA. WE HAVE SHOWED THE PROF THAT THE AFA AS NOTHING.MOVE ON TO SOMETHING YOU KNOW. THAT'S RIGHT, THAT WOULD BE NOTHING

700....get out and enjoy part of this day at least. You have been at it all day long!!

You can fight your battles all you want to, but you must provide some details. You have argued over and over how the company has violated the agreement, but you have yet to explain how they violated, what they violated, how the rule is to be interpreted by both parties.

If you take a few minutes to explain your position in detail we might actually make some progress on this topic, but the way its going.... you and your union don't stand a chance yet, based on what I've read.

The passengers would have been if the the 2 airlines hadn't worked together to come up with a solution to help them out. The AFA doesn't seem to care about that though.
Should of, Would of , Could of, BLAH,BLAH,BLAH..

You're whining about something that never took place...

Just because the AFA filed a grievance, does not mean that they do not care about their passengers...

Personally, I think if the "2" airlines had time to "work together", Then it would be nice to see a little common sense and notify the flight crews beforehand...

I think most of you realize that 700 "the unions" is just doing his/thier job..
All this about not caring about the passengers or not looking out for them is not realy in their vision.

Same as Dp's vision is his Board that pays his check and keeps the bonus's comming..

Same as the BK judge that looked out for the shareholders and stripped nearly everything he could from labor.

I do care about customers, but CBA's must be followed and the proof will come out in the arbitration..

The company does the same thing with the FAA.
They break the rules to accomidate the customers then pay the fines when caught..

Should of, Would of , Could of, BLAH,BLAH,BLAH..

You're whining about something that never took place...

Just because the AFA filed a grievance, does not mean that they do not care about their passengers...

Personally, I think if the "2" airlines had time to "work together", Then it would be nice to see a little common sense and notify the flight crews beforehand...
I'm not whining about anything. And yes, it (meaning passengers being inconveienced) "never took place" . .because having USEast operate extra sections was done to prevent the "would have" (NOT "would OF")

How much of a notice would have been acceptable? Do the crews need to know 3 days in advance they will be getting the day off with pay? Since this was done in response to an irregular operation, it was not known it would be done until the day before. It's not like they crews showed up at the airport and were told to go home. They were notified the day before these flights, since that's when the details were worked out.

I think there are more important issues to worry about with our merged airline, such as making money and showing an operational profit.

It's obvious that America West should have simply cancelled all those flights and invol'ed all those tickets over to United, i mean they need the money MUCH MORE than USAirways and America West, right???? America West was *wrong* to have USAirways do some fill-in flights for them.. what on earth were they all thinking?!?!?!

If I go off of 700's thinking, the next time MidAtlantic's Embraer 170 breaks down, I won't call and ask for a PSA CRJ-700. I'll call one of our competitors & have them do an extra section so that AFA doesn't file a grievance.

:: tongue in cheek ::

We're all getting worked up because someone is defending a grievance, and there is no need for this, especially at a time when we're still loosing boatloads of money every day. We need to unify and earn more customers who will hopefully start paying more money to fly our airplanes.