Employee And Family Member Reservation

usacrew3

Advanced
Sep 17, 2003
Fort Lauderdale
Can someone please offer a suggestion as to what I can do to get a ticket for my mother and two family members. I am a retiree and my mother is on my term pass. I think I can get her a confirmed seat by purchasing a 20 % ticket? The other two tickets would just be regular sales. I just called reservations and the lady could not understand what I was trying to do. I offered my employee number and she said, " Why would I need your employee number?" Can I buy the tickets at the airport in FLL? Do you need to call two different numbers to get an employee ticket and two regular tickets?

Sorry you got someone who could not understand your request. Any reservation agent should be able to sell you a ED20 ticket....that is an employee 20 pct
discount on any air fare. As long as she is on your term pass that is OK.
There are some rules as to credit card payment...I think it has to be the employees credit card. I think retirees are eligible also...but the ed20
rules can be accessed by the reservation agent or on the hub.

Hope you have better luck calling today......be sure to tell them you need
three total seats so there is enough room on the plane for all three and then
tell them you need one of those tickets on a ED20 employee discount.

Sorry again and better luck today!

You can book the ED20 on the hub. Just log in and go to Employee Travel and it will make the reservation for you. Just choose ED20 in the type of travel drop down screen.
You can then book (on a separate reservation) the other tickets and not have to worry about paying the $5 per ticket service fee for dealing with rez or the $10 per ticket fee for going to the airport.

usacrew3 said:
Can someone please offer a suggestion as to what I can do to get a ticket for my mother and two family members. I am a retiree and my mother is on my term pass. I think I can get her a confirmed seat by purchasing a 20 % ticket? The other two tickets would just be regular sales. I just called reservations and the lady could not understand what I was trying to do. I offered my employee number and she said, " Why would I need your employee number?" Can I buy the tickets at the airport in FLL? Do you need to call two different numbers to get an employee ticket and two regular tickets?
[post="270629"][/post]​

What you can do for your mother is buy her an ED20 ticket, which is 20% off the lowest applicable fare, and it is positive space. I think that is where the confusion is. You can also buy it online from the employee travel section of The HUB and leave reservations out of it. Besides, it seems they charge you extra if you speak to an agent when you are trying to do anything you could have done online. I've booked a couple ED20 tickets for myself, and I am retired, and it was a snap. Good Luck!