Employee Travel Center Up & Running.

ETC IS TEMPORARILY NOT WORKING UNABLE TO LOG IN

says page is unavailable.

TECHS are aware of the problem and are working on it no ETA is known at this time

One of the greatest gifts I could give my parents was the benefit of travel as I have a brother in ORD and a sister in MCI. They mean more to me than any domestic partner or spouse. They are on a fixed income and deserve better. I priced GSO-ORD and it was $55.80 for the two of them r/t , which is great!. But A total of $106.40 because of the $50.60 in taxes..almost as much as the ticket!! THIS SUCKS!! You dare give IN-LAWS a better bene? POOR!!! It SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!!! Oh, did I mention that it SUCKS? Oh, I know, thats they way it was always done on the west. Guess what? It STILL SUCKS!!! :angry: :angry: :down: :down:
AMEN!!!!! It is stupid that our parents have to pay, maybe it would be fine if it was just $15.00 and done with it but with taxes and everything it is out of control. I would rather go back to when we paid that $100.00/year (payroll deduct) and we all (employees and parents) just walked up and got on. Who came up with this parent service charge thing anyway? And for all of you who "think" we should be "grateful" for the benefit of travel you should realize you have STOCKHOLM SYNDROME and seek treatment immediately. I try not to complain too much but this really frosts my cookies. That's fine, my parents prefer Southwest anyway, for a flat $25.00/each way they pretty much always get them on, are very accomodating and have basically no rules except that you show up and be nice!!!

AMEN!!!!! It is stupid that our parents have to pay, maybe it would be fine if it was just $15.00 and done with it but with taxes and everything it is out of control. I would rather go back to when we paid that $100.00/year (payroll deduct) and we all (employees and parents) just walked up and got on. Who came up with this parent service charge thing anyway? And for all of you who "think" we should be "grateful" for the benefit of travel you should realize you have STOCKHOLM SYNDROME and seek treatment immediately. I try not to complain too much but this really frosts my cookies. That's fine, my parents prefer Southwest anyway, for a flat $25.00/each way they pretty much always get them on, are very accomodating and have basically no rules except that you show up and be nice!!!
Just like anybody, I would prefer to not have my parents pay. But why is it unfair that they do pay?? Parents don't work for the company--benefits are intended for EMPLOYEES.

TECHS are aware of the problem and are working on it no ETA is known at this time
And first come first serve will work fine you can check in a home 12 hr before departure. bugs or no bugs this at home check-in ain’t going to work

How do you check in when you're not home? Like in HNL or BZE or anywhere once you've started your vacation or commute? Do you need to carry a laptop plus have internet access everywhere in the world we fly? Seems very impractical to chase around for an internet computer when on vacation or when working a flight, so you can check in for your flight back home in order to get better boarding status.

How do you check in when you're not home? Like in HNL or BZE or anywhere once you've started your vacation or commute? Do you need to carry a laptop plus have internet access everywhere in the world we fly? Seems very impractical to chase around for an internet computer when on vacation or when working a flight, so you can check in for your flight back home in order to get better boarding status.
There are many ways to check in when you're not at home. A lot of hotels have internet access these days, call a friend or relative and ask them to check you in. Sure, it's not a perfect system--but neither is the idea of a person who did take the time to check in well in advance of a flight--only to get bumped by a person who wanders up to the gate 30 minutes before a flight--just because they started with the company 2 weeks earlier.

There are many ways to check in when you're not at home. A lot of hotels have internet access these days, call a friend or relative and ask them to check you in. Sure, it's not a perfect system--but neither is the idea of a person who did take the time to check in well in advance of a flight--only to get bumped by a person who wanders up to the gate 30 minutes before a flight--just because they started with the company 2 weeks earlier.
Only to get bumped by a person who wanders up to the gate 30 minutes before a flight and 2 minutes before you

Just call a friend huh??? Hmmm...ever try calling a friend while on the beach in SXM or in AMS, etc etc??? Pretty expensive phone call there. In addition, most hotels in the US have net access for free in the lobby or sometimes a small charge, 5.00 or so, but international it's a bit different. Alot of hotels I've stayed in don't have net access or some that do, but it's not the cheapest around, have seen as much as 10-25.00.

In addition, having to worry about checking in etc...phooey....I've got enough things going on during the day and such, I don't have to worry about remembering to check in 12 hours prior, to ensure my commute. Just let me walk into the airport, flash my id, and go if there is room, and by the way, I'm fairly jr.

I used to run a 10.00 flat 100-yard dash. And once rush for 140-yards. OK hon here is the planed I'll rush to the gate the web was down. I saw some possible enemies if you take all the carryons I think I can beat them to the gate you go to the ticket counter and see if you can hustle your way in front of all contenders.Lets see who can get to the finish/end zone first. First to finish first to serve

Today is May 20th. Has the site been down for 3 weeks?

I haven't tried loggin in since late March, when it was down then also, which now makes 2 months worth of unsuccessful attempts. Today I finally got the 'password must be changed screen', but when I did change it, the log in window popped open again, and assuming I was supposed to log back in with new password, I tried and KERPLUNK. So now after 3 tries it kicks me out and I have to call HELP DESK to reset. Help DESK automated response is something about being aware of tech issues with ETC and working on it.

They still can't get it right after 2 months? Are the programmers outsourced from Delhi?

Today is May 20th. Has the site been down for 3 weeks?

I haven't tried loggin in since late March, when it was down then also, which now makes 2 months worth of unsuccessful attempts. Today I finally got the 'password must be changed screen', but when I did change it, the log in window popped open again, and assuming I was supposed to log back in with new password, I tried and KERPLUNK. So now after 3 tries it kicks me out and I have to call HELP DESK to reset. Help DESK automated response is something about being aware of tech issues with ETC and working on it.

They still can't get it right after 2 months? Are the programmers outsourced from Delhi?

It has been working fine, with the exception of the last few days. It is up and running fine right now. You peeps have go to realize programming is not easy, nor is it fun. Most of the time, it is not 100% perfect, either. Give the techs time to work out the bugs...it will get better. I have been trying to get ahold of the travel department the last few days but always get the automated response of "..we are currently assisting other (employees) or something, please try your call again later. Goodbye." then disconnects. So, I'll keep trying to get through to them as well....

The point is the online system was working relatively fine with little downtime(from my experience) for months and months before mid March,.. it is now almost JUNE and I have not been able to even successfully log in for over 2 months.