Express performance?

PSA and I belive Piedmont are not paid by completion factor. Becasue these two are wholly owned there is some other magical formula on how they get money but is has never been publicly made available.

I believe they get paid per segment and a few bucks on top of that. PSA/Piedmont can also pull more money from a USAirways reserve account if they need it (such as if they need capital expenditures for the following year, it comes out of Airways budget, not PSA/Piedmont).

I do know that PSA does make a profit.... I have some nice additions to my 401K account that shows "Profit Sharing".

PSA and I belive Piedmont are not paid by completion factor. Becasue these two are wholly owned there is some other magical formula on how they get money but is has never been publicly made available.
PDT and PSA operate for USAirways at cost.

I believe that USAirways group simply gives them a budget target and then pays all the bills. Group even makes the payroll, pays for hotels, pays the aircraft leases/owns the aircraft. (don't know about PDT aircraft)

And yes some of the PSA CRJ's have a tag that reads "Owned by USAirways Inc." Not a big deal, just goes to show that PSA in itself does not own or lease any of the planes it staffs.

So is that outsourcing or insourcing???

PDT and PSA operate for USAirways at cost.

I believe that USAirways group simply gives them a budget target and then pays all the bills. Group even makes the payroll, pays for hotels, pays the aircraft leases/owns the aircraft. (don't know about PDT aircraft)

And yes some of the PSA CRJ's have a tag that reads "Owned by USAirways Inc." Not a big deal, just goes to show that PSA in itself does not own or lease any of the planes it staffs.

So is that outsourcing or insourcing???

Just a minor correction, PSA is owned by US Airways Group, not US Airways Inc. US Airways Groups owns three airlines:

Piedmont Airlines Inc.
PSA Airlines Inc.
US Airways Inc. (which includes the mythical Midatlantic)

Piedmont and PSA are subsidiaries of Group, plain and simple. US Airways Inc is an airline,a wholly owned of US Airways Group. To say that US Airways Inc owns the two is technicallt incorrect, US Airways Inc is just one of the three airlines owned by USG (Maybe four now with America West?). Different certificates and operations, but at the end of the day the money for the three airlines all comes from and goes to the same place. None one of the three is actually "profitable" if the whole is not, but it's proven that it's cheaper to operate aircraft in-house at Piedmont and PSA than outsourced at other airlines.

Just a minor correction, PSA is owned by US Airways Group, not US Airways Inc. US Airways Groups owns three airlines:

Piedmont Airlines Inc.
PSA Airlines Inc.
US Airways Inc. (which includes the mythical Midatlantic)

Actually, I would imagine that at this point, US Airways Group also owns America West Airlines, Inc. -- so four airlines

I'm sure that mainline has the individual stats for each express carrier. PSA posts it daily for the crews. The data is acars corrected due to the 700's having a problem of block in/out times. You can push and the ACARS won't trigger sometimes for 10 minutes. Coming in, if you get stuck on the ramp, and are stopped for an amount of time, it will block you in. These numbers are corrected according, with crew reporting the times in.

24 MAR 06 - DAILY STATS * = OVER GOAL
THESE STATS ARE PRIOR TO ACARS CORRECTIONS
23 MAR MTD GOAL
S:00 *75.8 70.0 70.0
S:05 *80.6 76.8 79.0
A:14 *90.1 *83.9 82.0
COMP *99.7 *99.0 98.5
ORIG *89.4 *85.8 85.0

The following is perf. numbers for the express group as a whole...

DAY MTD Goal PYM
Flights 2364 50791 47943

Cancellations 19 1231 2262

Completion Factor 99.2 97.6 97.5 95.5

D0 75.6 67.9 68.0 55.9

D5 80.2 72.9 80.0 60.5

A14 (DOT Arrivals) 85.0 76.7 80.0 64.6

Latest posts