F/A Crew Scheduling Strikes Again

Thank you very much. Appreciate your help as we have trouble finding all that stuff in the contract.

L1011,

He is correct on that one. Once a trade is made on your HI1 it busts your guarantee if you drop a trip or tt for a trip with less time. If you tt for a higher time trip, then your guarantee will not bust. On reserve your guarantee is 75 and will stay unless you call in sk with no sk time remaining or get a mt/tm. You can restore your guarantee from a mt/tm if you call CS and make yourself avail for the same day as the mt/tm.

PM me if you have questions.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='558392' date='Jan 5 2008, 01:40 AM']L1011,

He is correct on that one. Once a trade is made on your HI1 it busts your guarantee if you drop a trip or tt for a trip with less time. If you tt for a higher time trip, then your guarantee will not bust. On reserve your guarantee is 75 and will stay unless you call in sk with no sk time remaining or get a mt/tm. You can restore your guarantee from a mt/tm if you call CS and make yourself avail for the same day as the mt/tm.

PM me if you have questions.[/quote]
Gee sure glad you cleared that one up NorEasta....

Doesn't that depend on how her line was touched? My vast experience of six weeks tells me as long as I don't trade down, my guarantee stays intact.

MK
If you trade up you do keep your guarantee, but I thought this was only with the monthly guarantee. I was not aware you were given a 35 hour guarantee if you were awarded bidleave... I thought it was whatever hours fell into it, you got! Unless there was a guarantee for E time maybe? Anyone know?

If you trade up you do keep your guarantee, but I thought this was only with the monthly guarantee. I was not aware you were given a 35 hour guarantee if you were awarded bidleave... I thought it was whatever hours fell into it, you got! Unless there was a guarantee for E time maybe? Anyone know?

I agree. I don't think you have a guarantee when you've taken a bidleave.

I had a turn on the 29th and a 2-day on the 30-31st. I already had a high-time turn plotted on 01JAN (I'm on Availability in January). Due to ATC delays, I got back too late on the 29th and lost my 2-day on the 30th. Put myself on make-up for pay protection.

At 1210 on the 30th, Crew Scheduling called and offered me a turn for 31st which I accepted. A few minutes later she called back and said, "By the way, that turn on the 31st will make you illegal for your turn on 01JAN. Do you still want it? (She had only given me the sign-in time and the route when she called the first time.)"

There were 5 people on the MU list for today. I was the most junior. Not only were there turns in Open Time that would have made me still legal for my trip on the 1st that were assigned AFTER I was called, I find it interesting that the only trip they had to offer me would make me illegal for my high-time turn in my availability month. You will not convince me that they did not know that I would refuse the MU trip and lose my pay protection in order to protect my hours in my Availability month.

Sorry, Gar. Don't believe that someone over there isn't looking at this stuff and trying to break guarantees and/or pay protection whenever possible. You are going to say that "We don't look at that. All we look at is available trips and the people on MU. " Yeah, right. Whoever was working MU managed to contact all 4 people ahead of me in less than 10 minutes (BTW, none of them were assigned trips for today, but two of them senior to me still have their pay protection for December). But, she was able to offer me a bad trip, and remove me from pay protection.

Thanks a lot, Crew Scheduling. Hope others are as considerate to you in the New Year.

First of all Jim it surprises me you would open your mouth with out knowing all the facts..And trash my fellow coworkers in a thread of miss information. As a favor to Garfield since he is on vacation I looked up the paper work for your base on the 30 and 31 December. And low and behold you are way out of line and way off base. The two flight attendants you say were given pay protection were given it because they did not go illegal for their trips until after 2000 CDT and never searched legal for a trip after they went illegal. Therefore if they have no trips they search legal for than they met their obligation by putting themselves on mu and making themselves available to the company.

As for you. You passed on the first round of MU and at that time there was only one trip open. So you passed you made the choice to lose your pay protection. I also looked at the trips that opened after you passed all day and found at least two that you could have taken to keep your pay protection but since you passed all day we did not have any obligation to call you back.

She did not offer you a bad trip. She offered you what was open at the time. Is it her fault you plotted yourself on a trip on the 01 January that you didn’t want to lose? Is it her fault that you didn’t like the trip? Is it her fault that you lost your pay protection? The answer to all of those questions is NO.

I am still quite shocked after reading all your posts day in and day out. I have always respected you and your well thought out posts.....But this takes the cake. You now fall into a totally different category.

As for you. You passed on the first round of MU and at that time there was only one trip open. So you passed you made the choice to lose your pay protection. I also looked at the trips that opened after you passed all day and found at least two that you could have taken to keep your pay protection but since you passed all day we did not have any obligation to call you back.

She did not offer you a bad trip. She offered you what was open at the time. Is it her fault you plotted yourself on a trip on the 01 January that you didn’t want to lose? Is it her fault that you didn’t like the trip? Is it her fault that you lost your pay protection? The answer to all of those questions is NO.

I am still quite shocked after reading all your posts day in and day out. I have always respected you and your well thought out posts.....But this takes the cake. You now fall into a totally different category.

Well, it seems that Mr. Operaations is the one who is not in possession of the facts. If the Scheduler told him that I passed on the first two rounds, she (what's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah...) LIED. She called at 12:10pm and I answered the phone the first time as I posted originally. I accepted the trip that she said was the only one available. She told me the sign-in time and the routing. It was later that she called back and I was unable to answer the phone, so she left the message "Oh yeah. I forgot to mention...Your make-up trip will make you illegal for your turn on the 1st. Do you still want the make-up trip?"

But then, I'm only a flight attendant; so I must be in the wrong. Everyone knows that all schedulers are like the Virgin Mary, without sin or error.

By the way, I let Mr. Operaations know that I have the phone records to prove what I said. I'm not depending upon what some scheduler typed into the record. She called at 12:10pm the first time, and about 12:30pm the second time. Don't EVER call me a liar!

Its my experience that the less you expect from CSKD the better off you will be.
Gone are the days of favors,or any human element between the departments.. for better or worse thats the reality..

Follow and know your contract and if you have a question or concern call APFA. If theres need they can do battle with them. Just because its legal or contractual, doest mean its always right. There are understandings that have been reached via JSC with the department to avoid certain practices that might fall outside of the contract.

Contractual and Realistic are not the same thing...

Gone are the days of favors,or any human element between the departments.. for better or worse thats the reality..

Follow and know your contract and if you have a question or concern call APFA. If theres need they can do battle with them. Just because its legal or contractual, doest mean its always right. There are understandings that have been reached via JSC with the department to avoid certain practices that might fall outside of the contract.

Contractual and Realistic are not the same thing...
Exactly gone arer the days of favors. You want to know why. Favors can not be done with out upsetting someone else who the favor could not be done for also. So they go to the union and set a pay clain in action..citing favortism as clearly stated in the APFA contract.

If we were allowed to become personal and offer a favor or make an exception with out recourse by all means we would. But one bad apple does spoil it for the entire bunch...which is why we are told to and have to go black and qhite. I dont like it but that is how we are told to do our JOB.

And mr Jim....You asked for the paper work...I looked it up and read it.. Go ahead and ask them to pull the tapes. If you are in the right and the scheduler is in the wrong you will get your pay protection. If you are in the wron than you wont. It is as simple as that. That is why it is there to protect both the flight attendant and the scheduler. If you did not pass all day than I sir would set a pay claim in action. Hope it all turns out well for you.

Its my experience that the less you expect from CSKD the better off you will be.

Funny, I am starting to feel the same way about FA's

i wish I could grant favors. There are a few good FA's I would love to reward and there are a few who would be suck with the nastiest trips I could find and would be reassigned on a regular basis. That would make scheduling a fun place to work.

Are you sure you want me to be able to grant favors? :shock:

Funny, I am starting to feel the same way about FA's

i wish I could grant favors. There are a few good FA's I would love to reward and there are a few who would be suck with the nastiest trips I could find and would be reassigned on a regular basis. That would make scheduling a fun place to work.

Are you sure you want me to be able to grant favors? :shock:

No, I dont need nor expect favors from CSKD.
I have very low expectations from CSKD, hence my lack of frustration.
As long as you follow the Contract, act civil and polite, I have no issue.
I assume you would feel the same..?

Sounded like you liked the days of favors being offered.

Yes you are correct on the other point. Do what your job requires of you and I'm a happy camper.

Of course "back in the day.." things were always better, or at least seem that way.
I don't know how it worked out back then, but it did. It seemed that we scratched each others back now and again, and we were all happy..

Today we have to follow The Contract, not personalize things, and try, as difficult as it may be, to be civil to each other.

Of course "back in the day.." things were always better, or at least seem that way.
I don't know how it worked out back then, but it did. It seemed that we scratched each others back now and again, and we were all happy..

Today we have to follow The Contract, not personalize things, and try, as difficult as it may be, to be civil to each other.

It's not hard to be civil. It's a choice.

Latest posts