F/A Staffing

Well, I might be coming back to DCA and was wondering if they are not getting their hours in either? Anyone know? Thanks for your help, just want to have an idea of what I'm in for :)
DCA reserves are not getting their time in. You should check screen 18 for all bases. What makes it worse is that DCA has very few trips. AIL is usually one to two pages long on a busy day. Add in the cost of living factor and you're looking at a big financial challenge. Go to PHL.

DCA reserves are not getting their time in. You should check screen 18 for all bases. What makes it worse is that DCA has very few trips.

However for the month of January there are about 15 TDY F/As from PIT that are there.....someone said TDY costs the company at least 9K+ per month per F/A with their hotel, perdiem, 93 hr. guarantee. Absolutely amazing.

Can anyone on here explain to me what is going on with f/a staffing or at least give your opinion on what is going on. I am based in PHL and talk to reserves who work 30 hours a month for months in a row. Most break their guarantee one month a year. In PHL, we lost all the 757 domestic time, for the winter a bulk of t/a time and in March all of the PIT displacements will be coming in. This alone leaves an overabundance of f/a's. Now throw 40 or more recall in their and that leaves a very overstaffed base. As I said, it was overstaffed before the PIT people and recalls. We are only losing 30 or so people to the SEP in March so that can't affect it that much.

So why are they not offering VPLOA's for March? Why are they calling f/a's back? With reserve probably going back to 1988 in March, creating even more reserves than the overabundance we have now, why would they not offer leaves? Please someone try to explain the logic? Who are the people making these decisions?

Want to know what is going on and why it is the way it is? Say these two words:

MIKE FINN

Seriously, if he ever holds a meeting to talk to the RSV's about his wonderfully run department (he does in PHX, from time to time) go and hear what he has to say. Listen to him answer a few questions and take a look at his attitude. In just a few second,s you will know exactly why things are the way they are!

For real. That man has nothing but contempt for us. It just comes off in his tone and his answers. At least Rob Fuhr could relate to us as people. This guys is more interested in his gym schedule.

Want to know what is going on and why it is the way it is? Say these two words:

MIKE FINN

Seriously, if he ever holds a meeting to talk to the RSV's about his wonderfully run department (he does in PHX, from time to time) go and hear what he has to say. Listen to him answer a few questions and take a look at his attitude. In just a few second,s you will know exactly why things are the way they are!

So true! I once received an e-mail response from him. His tone was defensive and condescending. Just another Tempe hack - no thinking "outside the box" and anti-employee.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how US Airways is still in business. I've never seen a company that was so anti-customer and anti-employee.

perhaps the IMPOtempe regime is purposefully saturating the f/a ranks (via recalls) to promote even more disdain and eventually resignations? "higher cost" f/as resigning, paving the way for lower cost, off the street f/as... it would be ever so consistent with their anti-employee mentality...

God, now i am starting to think like them :blink:

No, you are not alone. I am beginning to think this myself. We are so outrageously overstaffed in PHX it's not even funny. In the past the company has offered VLOA's without batting an eye. Suddenly, no dice. If anyone else has any better theories, please feel free to let the rest of us in on it.