F/A SCHEDULING

Tagging only occurs after the last leg of the reserve FA's pairing and extends the duty day that reserve is already working. The tag must conform to all FAR and contractual requirements regarding duty day requirements. Usually the tag is just a turn, however they have also tagged extra days onto trips.

The really bad scenario for tagging is when you are on a 16+ hour layover and you don't know whether to go to bed at a normal time, or stay up and sleep late in case you get tagged when you get back. If you do the former you risk getting tagged and being exhausted if it happens (especially if you get tagged to a redeye to the east coast). If you do the latter then you sleep late, fly a few hours, get released and it is time to go to bed again when you get home and you are not tired.
I'm not reserve but I know that our RSVs get mandatory rest that can not be broken even by a phone call from SKD, otherwise, that rest period starts over.

I'm not reserve but I know that our RSVs get mandatory rest that can not be broken even by a phone call from SKD, otherwise, that rest period starts over.

The tag occurs while they are still on duty. A reserve must call in after they get off their supposed last flight of the trip and call irregular ops and ask to be released. So they are still on duty at this point when the bad news could hit.

You can bet that will be going away during new contract negotiations....that "tagging" bs would NEVER fly at east. The seniority for reserve runs much higher and be a pretty big deal. It's bad enough. Thats all we'd need.

You can bet that will be going away during new contract negotiations....that "tagging" bs would NEVER fly at east. The seniority for reserve runs much higher and be a pretty big deal. It's bad enough. Thats all we'd need.

It probably will go away, thank god. However, it has only happened to me twice. However, it appears the west side will get raises and lose vacation so that we match the east side cheaper contract. I am happy about the raise and sad about vacation ... but we make our schedules into whatever we want so .... not a big deal. I must say raises across the board will be nice and as long as the profits keep pouring in, there is nothing they can do to prevent them!

However, it appears the west side will get raises and lose vacation so that we match the east side cheaper contract. I must say raises across the board will be nice and as long as the profits keep pouring in, there is nothing they can do to prevent them!

I am an "East" F/A and was talking with a "West" F/A and we were comparing some of our contract items. She asked me what we topped out at, paywise. Ours was $2 less per hour than yours. She thought we were higher, but I've been topped out now for about 4 years. So, I can't wait for a raise to your levels. I guess the difference is at the lower senoirities.

I am an "East" F/A and was talking with a "West" F/A and we were comparing some of our contract items. She asked me what we topped out at, paywise. Ours was $2 less per hour than yours. She thought we were higher, but I've been topped out now for about 4 years. So, I can't wait for a raise to your levels. I guess the difference is at the lower senoirities.

OUr pay RATES.... (the US Airways/former America West)
AFA 66 Council pay rates

Section 3 - Compensation
A. PAY RATES

1. A Flight Attendant on the system seniority list on or before the effective date of this agreement shall be paid the following hourly rates in accordance with her/his longevity as a Flight Attendant with the Company as follows:

Longevity

Date of Signing
Rates at 42 months

0-1 yr

1-2 yrs

2-3 yrs

3-4 yrs

4-5 yrs

5-6 yrs

6-7 yrs

7-8 yrs

8-9 yrs

9-10 yrs

10-11 yrs

11-12 yrs

12-13 yrs

13-14 yrs

14 yrs & up

2. A Flight Attendant hired after the effective date of this Agreement shall be paid the following hourly rates in accordance with her/his longevity as a Flight Attendant with the Company as follows:

Longevity

Date of Signing
Rates at 42 months

0-1 yr

1-2 yrs

2-3 yrs

3-4 yrs

4-5 yrs

5-6 yrs

6-7 yrs

7-8 yrs

8-9 yrs

9-10 yrs

10-11 yrs

11-12 yrs

12-13 yrs

13-14 yrs

14 yrs & up

B. GUARANTEES

1. Minimum Monthly Guarantee

A Regular Lineholder’s minimum guarantee is seventy (70) credit hours per month.

A High Time Option Lineholder in accordance with Section 6, Bid Administration, Paragraph E.4.c., is guaranteed the following:

85:00 – 100:00: Minimum guarantee of eighty-five (85:00) hours.

90:00 – 105:00: Minimum guarantee of ninety (90:00) hours.

95:00 – 110:00: Minimum guarantee of ninety-five (95:00) hours.

100:00 – 115:00: Minimum guarantee of one hundred (100:00) hours.

A Vacation Low Time Lineholder’s minimum guarantee is forty (40) credit hours per month.

A Relief Lineholder’s minimum guarantee is seventy (70) credit hours per month.

A Reserve Flight Attendant’s minimum guarantee is seventy (70) credit hours per month.

A Reserve Flight Attendant who is on the system seniority list on the effective date of this agreement shall be "grandfathered" with a minimum guarantee of seventy-five (75) credit hours per month. Such "grandfather" rights will cease to exist after the first twenty-four (24) months of the Agreement or when the junior-most "grandfathered" Flight Attendant is eligible to hold a regular line of flying, whichever occurs earlier.
g. A Flight Attendant who drops below her/his minimum monthly guarantee will have her/his pay reduced accordingly.

Trip and Duty Rigs
A Flight Attendant (including a Reserve who is assigned a trip) shall receive pay and credit for the greater of the following:

Actual block time per leg when actual exceeds schedule by fifteen (15) minutes or more. (Effective on the first day of the 25th month of this Agreement, this will be superceded by Subsection b., below.)

(This provision will supercede Subsection a., above, upon the first day of the 25th month of the Agreement) Scheduled or actual block per leg.

A minimum of four (4) hours for any single day pairing scheduled in a bid line. This credit does not include pairings picked up through DPU, trade or assigned to a Reserve.
d. A minimum of one (1) hour of credit for every two (2) hours on duty in any one duty period ("Duty Rig")

e. A minimum of one (1) hour for every four (4) hours of actual time away from base ("Trip Rig");

C. CANCELLATION PAY

Subject to the requirements of Guaranteed Reserve set forth in Section 7, Scheduling, Subsection E, Flight Attendants shall receive pay and credit for all hours that are scheduled and subsequently canceled.

D. DEADHEAD

Flight Attendants who are required by the Company to deadhead shall receive pay and credit based on scheduled block time or actual flight time, whichever is greater, or in the event of surface deadheading, actual travel time as per Paragraphs B.2.a. and b., above.

E. GROUND HOLDING PAY

Flight Attendants shall receive pay of ten ($10) dollars per hour, or fraction thereof, after the first thirty (h30) minutes of ground holding time. Ground holding time for pay purposes is defined as time spent on the blocks with passengers on the aircraft beginning thirty (30) minutes after scheduled departure or thirty (30) minutes after actual arrival at the end of a flight segment.

F. LANGUAGE OF DESTINATION (LOD) PAY

A Language of Destination ("LOD") qualified Flight Attendant who completes any leg as a working LOD-qualified Flight Attendant on an LOD flight segment shall receive, in addition to any other pay, a foreign language premium of two ($2.00) dollars per hour prorated to the nearest minute. Language of Destination and qualifications are defined in Section 35, Language of Destination.

G. INTERNATIONAL OVERRIDE

A Flight Attendant shall receive, in addition to any other pay, an international premium of one dollar and twenty-five cents ($1.25) per hour, prorated to the nearest minute, for flying international segment(s), as defined in Section 34, International.

H. JURY DUTY/WITNESS PAY

A lineholding Flight Attendant who is summoned and/or selected to serve on a jury or who is subpoenaed as a lay witness shall receive pay and credit for scheduled duty days missed while actually serving jury duty or as a lay witness as provided in Section 14, Leaves of Absence. A Reserve Flight Attendant shall receive pay and credit in the amount of the prorated daily reserve rate when required to serve on jury duty or as a lay witness on a scheduled reserve duty day.

I. JUNIOR ASSIGN PAY

A Flight Attendant who is junior assigned to a trip or segment thereof (including a Flight Attendant who, as the result of a trade with another Flight Attendant, picks up a trip or segment already junior assigned) shall receive one hundred and twenty-five percent (125%) of her/his hourly rate for flying that trip or segment.

J. TRAINING PAY

1. A Flight Attendant shall receive three (3) hours pay and credit for each day of recurrent training.

2. A Flight Attendant shall receive the greater of three (3) hours pay and credit or one (1) hour of pay and credit for every two (2) hours on duty for non-recurrent training.

In the event the FAA credits the AWA Home Study Packet with more than four (4) hours, Flight Attendants shall receive two (2) hours of pay for that Home Study Packet. The Home Study Packet will otherwise be unpaid.

A Flight Attendant who attends a mandatory mini-training in accordance with Section 11, Training, Paragraph G, shall receive one (1) minute of pay and credit for each one (1) minute of training.
K. BEREAVEMENT PAY

A lineholding Flight Attendant shall be eligible for up to three (3) days of pay and credit for trips(s) actually missed as a result of a death in the Flight Attendant's family as defined in Section 14, Leaves of Absence. A Reserve Flight Attendant shall receive pay and credit for up to three (3) days missed as a result of a death in the family as defined in Section 14, Leaves of Absence. Pay and credit for the Reserve Flight Attendant shall be in an amount equal to a prorated daily reserve rate for each scheduled reserve duty day missed.

L. PAYCHECKS

1. Pay days shall be semi-monthly.

2. If a pay day falls on Saturday, Sunday, or a Holiday, payment shall be made on the preceding business day.

3. No less than fifty percent (50%) of the base guarantee shall be paid in each paycheck except where adjustments are required. Exceptions from the prior month shall be included in the second paycheck.

4. The Company shall furnish Flight Attendant paychecks in sealed envelopes, or provide direct deposit, at the Flight Attendant's option.

5. The Company shall not make payroll deductions without written authorization.

M. PAY ERRORS

1. If the Company denies any pay or expense item(s), the Flight Attendant shall be notified in writing.

2. Company pay errors in excess of fifty ($50) dollars shall be paid to the Flight Attendant within three (3) business days after she/he notifies the Company.

3. Pay errors of less than fifty ($50) dollars shall be paid on the next pay day.

4. Pay errors shall be processed through Crew Resources.

5. If a Flight Attendant is over paid, her/his options shall be one of the following:

a. A new check shall be written immediately, or as soon as practicable, unless the Flight Attendant already cashed the pay check.

b. Reimburse the Company the total amount that she/he was over paid.

Reimburse the Company through payroll deductions spread equally over four (4) months.
N. VOLUNTEER FLY PAY

A Flight Attendant recruited to Volunteer Fly by Crew Resources to maintain the operation during critical staffing periods shall receive one hundred and twenty-five percent (125%) of her/his hourly rate for performing that flying. Volunteer Flying shall be awarded pursuant to Section 7, Scheduling, Subsection G..

Dis you copy the whole contact here.lol. Your 22 year F/A told me she was at $39.50 per hour. Was she telling the truth? I took her at face value. I told her what ours was, which is what you put here. Can't help if she is giving out bad info. She said she was about # 150 ihn seniority.

Dis you copy the whole contact here.lol. Your 22 year F/A told me she was at $39.50 per hour. Was she telling the truth? I took her at face value. I told her what ours was, which is what you put here. Can't help if she is giving out bad info. She said she was about # 150 ihn seniority.

She took into account her per diem of 1.75 an hour and if she was a LODO as you call them for MEX flights also.... :)

The best is when a blockholder that has NO IDEA of how this reserve system truly works has some smarta$$ comments about reserves making all kinds of hours. True a blockholder flies every minute of the time they earn and a reserve receives a guarantee of 73 hours. I have said it repeatedly....big reserve and pay your bills on 73. Not gonna happen sister. Then and only then do we fly an ETB trip on our days off. ya know days off? The days when you DON'T have to worry about possibly being called. The days you WOULD use to go to the doctors,dentist, have a life etc.... If I hear ONE MORE blockholder say something about this GD reserve system and how we "have it made" I'm gonna flip a plane. It is because of the blockholders that we lost secondary blocks for August and it went backwards from July of 1998 seniority to January of 1998. They lost their precious flexibility with "open time". I just let one have it in the crew room after she said something about her trip. She was working a SJU turn that was mostly new hires. How she juuuuust didn't want to do it. I said, "how dare you". "Are you afraid they'll show you up"? She just looked at me. I then said, "I didn't know we had any new hire classes graduating at east".

The best is when a blockholder that has NO IDEA of how this reserve system truly works has some smarta$$ comments about reserves making all kinds of hours. True a blockholder flies every minute of the time they earn and a reserve receives a guarantee of 73 hours. I have said it repeatedly....big reserve and pay your bills on 73. Not gonna happen sister. Then and only then do we fly an ETB trip on our days off. ya know days off? The days when you DON'T have to worry about possibly being called. The days you WOULD use to go to the doctors,dentist, have a life etc.... If I hear ONE MORE blockholder say something about this GD reserve system and how we "have it made" I'm gonna flip a plane. It is because of the blockholders that we lost secondary blocks for August and it went backwards from July of 1998 seniority to January of 1998. They lost their precious flexibility with "open time". I just let one have it in the crew room after she said something about her trip. She was working a SJU turn that was mostly new hires. How she juuuuust didn't want to do it. I said, "how dare you". "Are you afraid they'll show you up"? She just looked at me. I then said, "I didn't know we had any new hire classes graduating at east".

Right on, brother. I'm glad someone feels the same way I do. I say the same thing to them in CLT. They try explain that the have suffered the same. I ask " Did you get an 85 hour paycheck with full per diem all on your days on duty?" Point stated. Bring on rotating RSV and that would smack a few faces.

I believe if tagging is done away with we'll just be sentencing those on reserve a longer sit on reserve. If the company can't "tag" or use it's reserves effectively it will only cause more FA's to be needed on reserve.

There is always a flip side to every rule. And it's not going to be fun either way... Make sure you know what you're asking for.

taggin go away... dream on! Our sked dept at west lives on taggin. When i was on reserve I was tagged all the time. One time I was called out for a turn from home and kept getting tagged and tagged into turned into a 4 day. I am not saying that I like it....and that its okay... but remember whose sked is taking over here! Its west.. Let me tell you how it works in a nutshell for the reserves at west.

1. Your preference(standby shift) doesn't mean anything.

2. All the work that our reserve chairs have done in the past to make our lives better always gets forgotten down the road.

3. Pretty much when you are at home on call... there is no ryme or reason to how you are getting called out. I think the draw names out of a hat or use a Ouija (sp?) board.

4. You work like a dog!

any qqq's???

Back