warning for b/h 's who use the etb to drop trips

Some of you don't get it. Down here in CLT, the BH's are complaining that RSV's have it so easy. Most BH's are ignorant of the situation, thay are just very self centered and very uninformed. Most are upset that a RSV can get 110 hours and only work 11 or 12 days. That is all they hear, which is not the whole story. They don't realize that a RSV F/A in CLT is only getting about 30-35 hours a month on "days on duty". That means we are only flying 6 or 7 of our 19 od 20 days on duty. The extra time comes from the ETB, which we have give up our days off to fly. Wow, now doesn't that sound great, give up your schedule days off to get a decent paycheck, because the company doesn't fly you on company time. POINT TO REMEMBER. If you BH's recall, the company got rid of your lower flying options. And the union knew that some of you could never fly 80-90 hours(your bodies just couldn't handle it), so they had to come up with a way for you to drop your time back down to 50 hours. And BINGO, lets make the ETB pay above guarantee for RSV's and they can fly the BH's extra time. But don't forget, we have to do "your" trips on days off. The ETB was never created so RSV's could have it easy, it was done so you BH's could drop time. I personally think the RSV's should try not to pick up any trips on the ETB for one month and guess what you BH's are going to be a flyin 80-85 hours each. Then you wouldn't give a rats a__ who picked up your trip. As I said earlier, most of the complaining is being done by very misinformed BH's and they are passing it on to the other sheep in the pen. They have a different view after I enlighten them. I love it.

Couldn't agree with you more! I think all reserves should boycott the ETB for a month or two. The BH's need to understand the reserve's plight and not always expect for us to pick up their slack on weekends and holidays.

Dear Employee's of USAirways.
I am very sad at the post that would be viewed as discriminate toward one set of employee's from the others. I know the individual involved and she to her discredit was informed that this was the way to make sure that there would be NO PROBLEMS. She has never been spiteful in nature and has always operated under the radar. I say to all of you that the ETB should not have a feature that shows who is bidding for your trip.It is a great day for management when we turn on our young. I can tell you all that I will stand behind this person for making a mistake the post is wrong. The employee will have my support if this goes on to try and make her an example. My job as a Union Representative has been and will be to see only the merits of the incident. Will I engage in the crucifixion NO it was done without malice intent. As far as the representation of Phl bring it on if you know someone who can do the job better than I let me know . I do not ever want to hold a position where I am doing more harm than GOOD.

Then resign now, babe. Do the f/as a favor and save time on the next election when your ### is thrown out.

Well, there folks you have it, she probably guided the f/a on this action.

The company doens't care about ETB time. Just tell the company to dis-engage the approval button which was to be done and resolved last year! F/as should not be able to see bidders for the etb trips.

Well the solution to this is rather easy......

GET INVOLVED

CALL THE UNION.....

first call your local office

then immediately call the mec office

the numbers are listed in the book under association of flight attendants
mec is in coraopolis pa

for those directory assistance people

ID POST THEM BUT I CAUGHT HELL FOR IT ONCE

second

CALL THEM BOTH BACK EVERYDAY

just to check on the status

If we all do this it will get fixed

SQUEAKY WHEEL GET THE OIL

Integration will be here soon, and, hopefully, we can go with the sysytem West uses.
The East system seems to cause problems for both the company AND the FAs!
Its obviously a poor design if it allows pick-up/drops/trades that violate the contract.
The West ETB works in tandem with the DPU, and the program won't allow anything 'illegal'. You can click it and try it, but Maestro will reject it.
It can recognize the difference between personal trades and company open time.
And keeps track of whats been added and dropped from your line.
Also, trades are instant, so we don't have a problem with "picking and choosing" who gets our trip.
We don't really care, as long as its off our line.
Easties may also want to rethink the cap on hours.
That seems to be part of your problem, with some folks "overflying" anyway, and others getting resentful of it.
West has no cap.
Fly what you want, drop what you want (well, down to 40, or zero in a vacay month).

And, trust me, there are NO West lineholders who think the reserves have got a better deal.
We are VERY sympathetic to our reserves.
Try actually working on all your days on, and STILL picking up on your days off.
They fly their little buns off!

As mentioned before, the only problem West has w/ETB is one particular FA who adds incentive$ and then dosen't follow thru. And occassionally other FAs need reminding to cough up.
But we NEVER involve the company in those issues.

Integration will be here soon, and, hopefully, we can go with the sysytem West uses.
The East system seems to cause problems for both the company AND the FAs!
Its obviously a poor design if it allows pick-up/drops/trades that violate the contract.
The West ETB works in tandem with the DPU, and the program won't allow anything 'illegal'. You can click it and try it, but Maestro will reject it.
It can recognize the difference between personal trades and company open time.
And keeps track of whats been added and dropped from your line.
Also, trades are instant, so we don't have a problem with "picking and choosing" who gets our trip.
We don't really care, as long as its off our line.
Easties may also want to rethink the cap on hours.
That seems to be part of your problem, with some folks "overflying" anyway, and others getting resentful of it.
West has no cap.
Fly what you want, drop what you want (well, down to 40, or zero in a vacay month).

And, trust me, there are NO West lineholders who think the reserves have got a better deal.
We are VERY sympathetic to our reserves.
Try actually working on all your days on, and STILL picking up on your days off.
They fly their little buns off!

As mentioned before, the only problem West has w/ETB is one particular FA who adds incentive$ and then dosen't follow thru. And occassionally other FAs need reminding to cough up.
But we NEVER involve the company in those issues.

seems to me we need a get together to get the best of both worlds......some stuff out west is better and some back east....but hard to tell from reading it in the contracts....and if we leave it up to the afa reps we all will get screwed...........

AGAIN

GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR UNION, MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD

Outside of wages, the West contract is much better. Plus, those folks are due raises as their contract became amendable in 2003. The East will benefit from that alone. Keep in mind, the company is out of bk and has $2.5 billion in investor money.

The union leaders need to negotiate Ford and Harrison OFF the property and get them away from the negotiation tables, including Jerry Glass. If DP is any kind of CEO he shouldn't fear his employees after all they went through. He hides behind Jerry G.

The antiunion/union busters are still on the property and are the lawyers at all the tables for the company.

Outside of wages, the West contract is much better. Plus, those folks are due raises as their contract became amendable in 2003. The East will benefit from that alone. Keep in mind, the company is out of bk and has $2.5 billion in investor money.

The union leaders need to negotiate Ford and Harrison OFF the property and get them away from the negotiation tables, including Jerry Glass. If DP is any kind of CEO he shouldn't fear his employees after all they went through. He hides behind Jerry G.

The antiunion/union busters are still on the property and are the lawyers at all the tables for the company.
out of topic

Why is that trip still there with the "for blockholders only"? Shouldn't it be removed? If she only did what friends told her, they are pretty crafty friends then.

I agree with Desertgal. I hope we keep the west system and integrate the best ones from the east. Sounds to me, the east ETB is a horrid system and cause resentment to reserves and blockholders.
I understand the east don't have a high time option, this is one of the features I like. However, the maestro needs improvement.

I agree with Desertgal. I hope we keep the west system and integrate the best ones from the east. Sounds to me, the east ETB is a horrid system and cause resentment to reserves and blockholders.
I understand the east don't have a high time option, this is one of the features I like. However, the maestro needs improvement.
The ETB is not the problem. The employees of UEast are still recovering from a series of VERY ugly negotiations at the hands of some very rich and manipulative people (read J. glASS).

The BKR negotiations, HUGE pay cuts, bad management decisions and wasted millions, have created this labor conflict. People are just trying to make sure they can live and things like this are bound to happen. Everyone is angry about the work agreements, that everyone voted NO on.
Airline Bankruptcy 101…
1. Get the workgroups mad at each other so they forget we are the bad guy,
2. Confuse the masses by sending out misinformation.
3. Get the agreement ratified
4. Collect the check

And you are now a censor? I believe everyone is entitled to their oppinions, regardless of the topic.

Boy with all this hostility I'm looking forward to returning after 1 year. I've never done the ETB soo. If you wanted to be educated on the system where would one look?
Hey, I understand the stay on topic and appreciate doing just that...open a new topic.